Did Conor fight chad mendes with a knee injury?

The injury has been well documented, it happened rolling with Rory on the world tour. I have no idea why people are trying to treat an injury like it's a big conspiracy. Oh wait I do know why.

He injured it 14 weeks out, then did 12 weeks of stem cells and rehab and no grappling trying not to reinjure it.

His camp essentially amounted to 2 weeks by the time his knee was “good”. But he still did no grappling in the lead up, again trying not to reinjure it. Which is when things got ballsy after his opponent switched to Chad and grappling obviously became what he really needed to train. It’s also why his weight cut looked so bad as he didn’t get to train normally all camp.

It’s hilarious how the narrative has changed over the years. He was praised to high heaven back then for saving the card, fighting the #1 ranked FW who was his worst matchup on short notice, and doing so while not at his best. Now people will do anything to try and discredit him and this fight.

As you clearly not understand what short notice means, I will try to explain: A fighter who didn't have a schedulled fight. It was Chad Mendes. Conor was in full camp. He was not fighting on short notice. MMA fighters train all aspects of MMA. If your opponent has been changed shortly before the fight, it still is a full camp preparation. I repeat it for you again: Chad was fighting on short notice, not Conor.

Supposedly he injured it a few weeks before the fight with Jose. (The fight Jose pulled out of)

He wasn’t training wrestling at all during camp and trying to just remain stable on the feet.

If it’s true, why did he take a short notice fight vs chad mendes?

Was it because he had a built in excuse for a L or was it because he is just that good and on another level mentally...?

Jose pulled with a bruised rib right and RDA with a bruised foot

Conor had a 80% tear 2 weeks out from fighting chad mendes.

That’s crazy
I heard the same, he's a true warrior!

As you clearly not understand what short notice means, I will try to explain: A fighter who didn't have a schedulled fight. It was Chad Mendes. Conor was in full camp. He was not fighting on short notice. MMA fighters train all aspects of MMA. If your opponent has been changed shortly before the fight, it still is a full camp preparation. I repeat it for you again: Chad was fighting on short notice, not Conor.

Conor had more notice than Chad yes that he was fighting on that specific date. I didn't say he didn't.

It's just dumb to pretend that he wasn't injured for 12/14 weeks of his camp. His camp definitely was effected no matter how much you try and deny it.

The injury has been well documented, it happened rolling with Rory on the world tour. I have no idea why people are trying to treat an injury like it's a big conspiracy. Oh wait I do know why.
Funny AV of Khabib there haha!

It's true he was injured. It showed it on the Notorious Documentary. Conor is just that much more badass than all the others.

Supposedly he injured it a few weeks before the fight with Jose. (The fight Jose pulled out of)

He wasn’t training wrestling at all during camp and trying to just remain stable on the feet.

If it’s true, why did he take a short notice fight vs chad mendes?

Was it because he had a built in excuse for a L or was it because he is just that good and on another level mentally...?

Jose pulled with a bruised rib right and RDA with a bruised foot

Conor had a 80% tear 2 weeks out from fighting chad mendes.

That’s crazy
Because it was a replacement fight.
Because the UFC probably guaranteed that even if he was to lose, he would still fight Aldo next for the belt (they would play the injury card).

And he had millions and millions of rea$ons to accept that fight. (don't fight, don't get paid).

No. He did not. You don’t wing body kicks with significant tears in your knee. You simply can’t. Your plant leg or kicking leg wouldn’t allow it. It’s compete bullshit as is 99% of everything else that comes out of that camp.

Conor had more notice than Chad yes that he was fighting on that specific date. I didn't say he didn't.

It's just dumb to pretend that he wasn't injured for 12/14 weeks of his camp. His camp definitely was effected no matter how much you try and deny it.

It is also hard to have a 'normal' camp when he was traveling the world and doing interviews all day long to promote the fight. It was the most promotion for any MMA fight ever.

Back