Did Chael just gave up?

RoninJin

Holla At Me If You Like My Avatar
@Black
Reaction score
During the fight he did two things that were highly questionable. He had Fedor’s back and just slide forward giving that up.

Next and toward the end, he had Fedor’s leg and after getting hit by a couple of light strikes, he completely went into fetal position and wait until ref stepped in.

I know TD takes a lot of you and Fedor/Sonnen went nonstop from start to finish, but I suspect Sonnen didn’t want any more of this in the second...thoughts?

He didn't give up. He said he was surprised at Fedor's power and speed, and he got hurt real bad by every hit he took...so he felt his only chance for survival at that point was for Fedor to blow his load, then he could come back in round 2 and hopefully have a better chance. He said he heard Dan Miragliotta warn him (you gotta fight back!!) but he chose not to listen, so the stoppage was fair.

He wasn't trying to make excuses. He said he was hurt bad the whole fight, and got desperate so covering up and hoping for Fedor to tire himself out for a better chance in round 2 was his hail mary attempt.

When chael loses looks super fake worse than pro wrestling fake

Back