Did Bobby Green get screwed on another decision?

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
I haven't watched the fight yet, but I just noticed that the vast majority of media sites had Green winning, despite losing a UD.

Who watched the fight? How was it?

Like many of his other split decision losses, he didn't look out-classed in round one, but he talked shit and didn't strike, and let the opponent throw more and land more, and steal rounds. It was very close. I would have given it to MJ (EDIT: Green) for moving forward, but others thought he lost by getting outstruck. And I haven't seen the official stats.

It's almost like he's channeling a Diaz. When you get outstruck, you don't get to say "ya but he didn't hurt me much so I must have won the round".

Last edited:
There were a few bad decisions on that card.

Like many of his other split decision losses, he didn't look out-classed in round one, but he talked shit and didn't strike, and let the opponent throw more and land more, and steal rounds. It was very close. I would have given it to MJ for moving forward, but others thought he lost by getting outstruck. And I haven't seen the official stats.

It's almost like he's channeling a Diaz. When you get outstruck, you don't get to say "ya but he didn't hurt me much so I must have won the round".

The stats actually show Green throwing more and landing more in each round.

It was a bad decision. The commentators Felder and DC were awful and it looked at times like a downright conspiracy only talking about Klose strikes and ignoring anything Green landed.

I thought he beat Klose but his "draw" with Lando was a robbery so I don't feel too bad

You didn't watch the fight??!!!

Fcking casual.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Too close to be called a robbery. Maybe that energy expended talking during the right could've been used throwing more strikes.

I thought Green won. Drakkar fought boring as usual and got the decision

I had it 2-1 Green but it was close

As usual Klose picks up a boring decision win and celebrates like he just won the world title, can't stand the guy

Like many of his other split decision losses, he didn't look out-classed in round one, but he talked shit and didn't strike, and let the opponent throw more and land more, and steal rounds. It was very close. I would have given it to MJ (EDIT: Green) for moving forward, but others thought he lost by getting outstruck. And I haven't seen the official stats.

how does moving forward constitute winning? Ali spent almost his entire prime years, moving back and away from his opponents...simply moving forward should not count as winning or losing...effective striking is what matters.

Back