Did anyone's stock go up and down more than Shogun in the past year?

John makfresshi

BJJ, Judo, and 2x Sherdog Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Shogun fluctuated the most out of the entire roster. Morons clamoring for a title shot, then Lionheart taking what small amount of prime he had left, and absorbing it through his foot and elbow. Can't post the finishing sequence starting with the counter shot and kick because I'm on mobile, but it sure was fucking slick and vicious. And holy shit he also beat Reyes after that. His stock remains a pendulum of confusion of where his truly is and where his career is heading. No one stock changed like his in 2018 that comes to mind. What say you Sherdog, anyone fluctuate more than Mauricio "Shogun" Rua?

Black beast, he went on a tear earlier this year, had a shit fight against Ngannou, rebounded against volkov in a last second comeback ko and cut a viral promo about his balls,went for a title fight and was outclassed and virtually hearing crickets from him now

Shogun fluctuated the most out of the entire roster. Morons clamoring for a title shot, then Lionheart taking what small amount of prime he had left, and absorbing it through his foot and elbow. Can't post the finishing sequence starting with the counter shot and kick because I'm on mobile, but it sure was fucking slick and vicious. And holy shit he also beat Reyes after that. His stock remains a pendulum of confusion of where his truly is and where his career is heading. No one stock changed like his in 2018 that comes to mind. What say you Sherdog, anyone fluctuate more than Mauricio "Shogun" Rua?

Unfortunately , Shogun stays the same.

It's LHW divisions' stock overall goes up and down.
When it's up, Shogun's stock is down and vise versa.

Shogun beat Pedro after the Smith fight.

The fight with Smith was just a bump in the road back to the belt for Shogun.

Miocic... From HW "GOAT" to... I dont even know his status right now tbh...

Great replies in this thread so far lol
Good job, shercolleagues!

Mcgregor, AL and Black beast.

Shogun is where he should be. He's neither champion level material anymore but he can still complete with the top 10-15.

Yair. Went from a layoff of over a year, to almost figting Zabit, to getting let go, rehired, injured, almost losing a decision to KZ in a FightOfTheYear candidate, winning it in last second with an unbelievable strike

Back