Did anyone see Moonlight?

I liked Hacksaw Ridge but I didn't think it deserved to be on the same list as some of the other nominations.
yeah, he didn't see any of the other nominees but swore Hacksaw Ridge should've won but didn't because of SJW's and Hollywood Jews conspiring against Gibson. This is the sort of mindset behind those who scream that Moonlight was not Oscar worthy.

he needs to be taken down a peg every once in a while. it's good for his humility.
Don't kick me when I'm down bro, my Tori Black vs. Little Caprice poll already got deleted today.

tumblr_nziw59R4E51uzvbylo1_500.gif

I liked Hacksaw Ridge but I didn't think it deserved to be on the same list as some of the other nominations.
They need a token war film with a predominant white cast & a racist director so they could say they covered everything.

yeah, he didn't see any of the other nominees but swore Hacksaw Ridge should've won but didn't because of SJW's and Hollywood Jews conspiring against Gibson. This is the sort of mindset behind those who scream that Moonlight was not Oscar worthy.

This isn't really relevant but I have a friend who's a liberal black girl who makes many of the same complaints that SJWs do but doesn't want to see Moonlight because she doesn't want to see a movie about gay dudes. Thought that was funny.

Thought it was some gangster movie, then two dudes start kissing. Shit got weird real quick.

I'm glad it won over La La Land. No way musicals should be nominated for best picture since they are gay. It was a good movie, But I thought arrival and lion were both better.

<{1-7}> but did Tori win tho?
She was winning by a decent amount last I saw, but a lot of people were saying the Little Caprice pics weren't working properly so I have to assume most people were voting for Tori by default.

Finally watched it last night. I'd say it was an 8/10. Here are some of my personal observations.

1. Mehershala Ali was good, but too brief. Honestly, he acted pretty much the same ways he acts in HoC. Not quite sure if it was truly Oscar worthy, but to be fair, I did not see the other nominees films either. This is no slam though, I am a huge fan of Ali, I just wish there was more to go off of.

2. I too am in the minority that this was not the best movie. My top three for the award would have been Arrival, Fences, or Hacksaw Ridge.....leaning more towards Fences for the super strong outing given by Denzel and Viola.

3. After reading how the play version of moonlight is performed, I myself would have preferred it in its original non chronological state. That would have been amazing and easy if it was broken down into 3 distinct characters Little, Chiron, and Black. Probably would have gotten Ali some more screen time as well. And the twist at the end of finding out all the characters were the same person would have been on some 6th sense type hype.

LOL I didn't watch a movie....It must mean everybody didn't either.....So that means it's ~gasp~ a damned dirty affirmative action {<jordan}

Only Oscar winner I watched were Moana and Suicide Squad.

{<jimmies}

Back