Did anybody notice this detail in the first fight between Silva and Weidman?

Silva was obviously toying with him

The 1st fight looked like a father or big brother playing fighting with son/lil bro

Anderson underestimated weidman skills n power n got caught

I think it´s more like what Rockhold said. Once Weidman stopped fighting old past his prime guys and started facing the young killers, things would be different. And he was right.
He was right, but meanwhile lost to 37 year old Bisping and 40 year old Romero.

Silva was obviously toying with him

The 1st fight looked like a father or big brother playing fighting with son/lil bro

Anderson underestimated weidman skills n power n got caught

Where can I get the shit you're on?

I like Weidman but he is not the same post-USADA, imo.

Its way more about the IV ban. when the IV ban happened he dropped like 10 lbs of muscle so that he could make 185. I think he'd be better suited at the shallower, more size-fitting 205 division and put the weight back on.

Anderson didn't touch gloves with Hendo either and proceeded to wreck him in the striking and grappling before finishing him.

There goes your shitty theory.

lol @ being scared of Weidman. It was the opposite that was the problem. He showed zero respect or fear of Weidman which cost him.

I don't remember that, nice find.

Silva always looking for ways to rattle his opponent

akibs1.gif
Fuck, I am so happy about what the MMS God's have done to Chris' career since then.

The disrespectful pos!<{jackyeah}>

He was scared. Just like against Maia he busted out all the tricks to try and win.

Steroids, grabbing Sonnens shorts, trying to rub the vaseline from his face to his shoulders. You can tell which opponents he was intimidated by and which he felt were easy

Scared??? Bruh he appraoched that fight like weidman was a 7year old girl.. showboating and acting dumb

Weidman did to Anderson what Anderson did to Rich Franklin. Was pretty bawss tbh imo

Weidman was just a horrible matchup for Anderson. He knew it. Other fighters knew it. I remember a lot of fighters picked The Chris to win that fight.

He was Lord Chael 2.0 at that time.

He was over +200 underdog. I believe majority of the fighters picked Anderson as well.

All I know is that non-demon-possessed Anderson isn't anywhere near the same fighter

He was over +200 underdog. I believe majority of the fighters picked Anderson as well.

Yea I don't know if it was a majority or not but I remember lot of fighters picked Weidman to win and told Anderson not to sleep on Weidman. GSP actually called the first fight perfectly.

He was the betting underdog for sure, though, correct.

Weidman was just a horrible matchup for Anderson. He knew it. Other fighters knew it. I remember a lot of fighters picked The Chris to win that fight.

He was Lord Chael 2.0 at that time.

Hendo exposed Anderson on the ground with his wrestling till he got caught. Chael evdn more so in their first bout. Issue was Chael always seems to mentally screw up and make mistakes in BIG fights. The guy may not be the most exciting fighter on the planet to watch but does have a stiffling game on the ground.

That was the plan for Weidman, wrestle, wrestle, wrestle and mix it up with striking. His team did an exceptional job in not allowing Silva to get in his head and let him use his antics in the cage. Fall for the tricks which ended up being Silva's demise. All the people who say Chris got lucky in the first fight are so wrong. Silva always did shit like that, Weidman just didn't play along and caught Anderson.

Saying all that , still on the fence if Weidman can come back after the brutal losses he had. He made a mistake or two in the Rockhold fight. Then losing the next bout ,coming back so soon and losing again. Damn, that's got to screw with your head. IF he can put a string of wins together, get another title shot, it would be one of the greatest comebacks in UFC and all MMA history.

The Chris wasn’t fazed one bit by Anderson who in return looked rattled

You're cherry picking, i can do that also.
He was beating Rockhold before the dumb spinning kick, he was up on the cards, maybe 50/50 before yoel landed the knee.
Like I said, ill-timed mistakes tgat did happen, I'm not denying that. And to be honest, i feel Rockhold is a bit overrated imo.

Shut up. Weidman is not even top 5.

Silva used to touch gloves with all his opponents in the beginning of the fight. But he didn´t do this against Weidman. And I thought it was a little weird, (since he had touched gloves even with Sonnen) as if Weidman had gotten under his skin. And he clearly did.

Did you guys notice this at the time?

Video is timestamped

I really wish Silva had not clowned and given it his all. It would have been cool to see Chris win with no controversy , or Silva eventually stop Weidman. But we will never know

Back