Did Anybody Give 10-8 On Round 4 in Woodley/Thomson 1?

I had money on Wonderboy and yes Woodley won the fight.
If that 4th Round wasnt a 10-8 round, then what does it took for you to give a 10-8 round?

I had money on Wonderboy and yes Woodley won the fight.
If that 4th Round wasnt a 10-8 round, then what does it took for you to give a 10-8 round?

Saved by the bell. Not surviving and then coming back. Im sure there have been similar 10-9 rounds. If he was getting pummeled after the submission escape 10-8.

10-7? Has this happened in the UFC?

Yes

I just rewatched it and I dont see it. Thompson got rocked and ended up in a submission BUT he fought through it and was on top and scoring for the last 30 seconds. I dont see a 10-8 there.

I scored the fight round 1 and 4 for Woodley and 2,3 and 5 for Thompson. He froze Woodley up in those 3 rounds and outscored him.
1. He ended up on top because Woodley went for a guillotine and voluntarily put himself in a position where his back would be on the floor. WB didn't win a scramble or anything like that.

2. How did WB freeze up Woodley in the 3rd round when he only landed 2 more strikes than he did?

The offense at the end of round 4 by Wonderboy is what made it a 10-8 instead of a 10-7, to me.

Round 1 - Woodley - 10/9
Round 2 - Wonderboy - 10-9
Round 3 - Wonderboy - 10-9
Round 4 - Woodley - 10-8
Round 5 - Wonderboy - 10-9

47-47 draw. Glen Trowbridge shouldn't be allowed to judge a fight. His scorecard was fucked.

I was there and way too drunk and far away to score it. I remember just being happy that it was a hell of an exciting fight again. Others must feel the same way, hence the immediate rematch.

It was a 10-8, two knock downs and a good sub attempt are more than enough to warrant it.

I thought woodly got a 10-8 for round one because Wb had no offense. 10-9 for r3 because of the offense at the end of the round.

You're fucking blind.

SjPJn6l.gif

How the fuck will you score that round 10-9 and Wonderboy's favorable rounds 10-9 too? Wonderboy outpointed but didn't significantly damage Woodley, while Woodley came extremely close to finishing the fight in round 4 (any other welterweight that wouldn't be KO'd by the punch probably would have tapped to the guillotine). Under the new scoring system, that round is 10-7 and round 1 is 10-8.

It's not like he mustered any noteworthy offense to make that a 10-9 round. It doesn't matter if he was in a "dominant position" at the end, and even then it's not like he mounted Woodley.
How many 10-7 rounds have there been in UFC history?

I just rewatched it and I dont see it. Thompson got rocked and ended up in a submission BUT he fought through it and was on top and scoring for the last 30 seconds. I dont see a 10-8 there.

I scored the fight round 1 and 4 for Woodley and 2,3 and 5 for Thompson. He froze Woodley up in those 3 rounds and outscored him.

I think you are correct with the scores and your assessment of the fight. The only thing I recall Woodley did in he fight was top position in round 1 and round 4 when he hurt Wonderboy. Aside from that Wonderboy controlled most of the fight and had Woodley backed up, only problem is that he was too tentative and didnt take chances. Without that moment in round 4 Tyron loses that fight........rematch you're gonna see things set right. Wonderboy wont get caught and will make most of his opportunities and get a finish or a UD.

I do have to watch the fight again, only seen it once to see if 4 was a 10-8 or 10-9

Clear 10-8. No one did much then woodley dropped wonderboy 2 or 3 times. Pounded him with punches and knees against the cage and almost submitted him.

I would have to watch it again. I kinda thought the same thing. It was clearly going to be a 10-8 for Woodley but Thompson ended up on top and was landing some nice shots on Woodley. I was on the fence on weather it was a 10-9 or 10-8

Definite 10-8. I don't know how to word this without sounding weird, but I kind of don't value when fighters nearly get subbed but slip out and end up on top. Yeah, you displayed good skill and heart, but you were only in that position because you were nearly finished. It seems like a punishment for going for a finish. I don't think Woodley should be punished for Thompson getting top position.

It was a 10-8, two knock downs and a good sub attempt are more than enough to warrant it.
If that's all it takes for a 10-8, how on earth weren't there multiple 10-8's or even 10-7's in the edgar/maynard fights....

Definite 10-8. I don't know how to word this without sounding weird, but I kind of don't value when fighters nearly get subbed but slip out and end up on top. Yeah, you displayed good skill and heart, but you were only in that position because you were nearly finished. It seems like a punishment for going for a finish. I don't think Woodley should be punished for Thompson getting top position.

Yes, Woodley was on his back in order to secure the guillotine. So Wonderboy escaped, okay great. That's the difference between him losing by submission and the 10-8 round Woodley rightfully got.

No matter though, the new scoring is better and thank those judges for not scoring that round 10-9.

If that's all it takes for a 10-8, how on earth weren't there multiple 10-8's or even 10-7's in the edgar/maynard fights....

It was only round 1 of the 2nd and 3rd fight, and both of those were scored 10-8 (although round 1 of fight #2 should be 10-7).

- EDIT. I also scored Conor vs Alvarez round 1 10-7. So that's two 10-7's I've given out of all the fights I've watched.

He did show a lot of heart not submitting to that BUT...nearly finished? He was always moving and that choke looked good but obviously something was wrong with it to let WB survive. So, nearly finished could just be a bad choke then a headlock,grip change...still dont have it...etc.

Back