Did Anybody Give 10-8 On Round 4 in Woodley/Thomson 1?

Mixedfights

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I just rewatched it and I dont see it. Thompson got rocked and ended up in a submission BUT he fought through it and was on top and scoring for the last 30 seconds. I dont see a 10-8 there.

I scored the fight round 1 and 4 for Woodley and 2,3 and 5 for Thompson. He froze Woodley up in those 3 rounds and outscored him.

Scoring for the last 30 seconds lol good luck with that one kid

Woodley beat the dog shit out of him in that round and rightfully got a 10-8

Scoring for the last 30 seconds lol good luck with that one kid

Woodley beat the dog shit out of him in that round and rightfully got a 10-8

He wasnt saved by the bell. He was in a dominate position at the end. No 10-8.

Very close fight that could have gone either way and I wouldn't have been pissed. Glad we get a rematch. Think Wonderboy is going to come in with his new Sherdog Q-A magic and get the win !!!

10-7 round for me. I think Woodley finish Wonderboy in the 1st round next saturday. He's the chosen one for a reason.

I just rewatched it and I dont see it. Thompson got rocked and ended up in a submission BUT he fought through it and was on top and scoring for the last 30 seconds. I dont see a 10-8 there.

You're fucking blind.

SjPJn6l.gif

How the fuck will you score that round 10-9 and Wonderboy's favorable rounds 10-9 too? Wonderboy outpointed but didn't significantly damage Woodley, while Woodley came extremely close to finishing the fight in round 4 (any other welterweight that wouldn't be KO'd by the punch probably would have tapped to the guillotine). Under the new scoring system, that round is 10-7 and round 1 is 10-8.

It's not like he mustered any noteworthy offense to make that a 10-9 round. It doesn't matter if he was in a "dominant position" at the end, and even then it's not like he mounted Woodley.

Nah , but i wouldve voted for Obama 3rd term

if thompson had a simple jab he could have dominated woodley the way rory did. woodley looked lost til he landed his signature overhand in the 4th.

You're fucking blind.

How the fuck will you score that round 10-9 and Wonderboy's favorable rounds 10-9 too? Wonderboy outpointed but didn't significantly damage Woodley, while Woodley came extremely close to finishing the fight in round 4 (any other welterweight that wouldn't be KO'd by the punch probably would have tapped to the guillotine). Under the new scoring system, that round is 10-7 and round 1 is 10-8.

It's not like he mustered any noteworthy offense to make that a 10-9 round. It doesn't matter if he was in a "dominant position" at the end, and even then it's not like he mounted Woodley.

Eh...I see your point about the scoring but since 10-8's are almost never done I didnt think surviving the punch and submission then rallying at the end equaled a 10-8. I see a 10-8 being saved by the bell after total destruction. Thompson got rocked but a lot of that time was spent in a failed submission... then he rallied landing strikes from the top for the last 30 seconds.

2 rounds to 3 Thompson.

I think he takes the rematch...unfortunately for Woodley and his money fight.

I thought 47-47 was the perfect score.

Eh...I see your point about the scoring but from since 10-8's are almost never done I didnt think surviving the punch and submission then rallying at the end equaled a 10-8. I see a 10-8 being saved by the bell after total destruction. Thompson got rocked but a lot of that time was spent in a failed submission...not getting his ass beat....then he rallied.

No scoring system mentions that 10-8 requires being saved by the bell. Also that submission was tight, I still can't believe he didn't go to sleep from it.

What i saw was a title fight i didnt care for that resulted in a...oh joy. A rematch of the fight nobody wanted.

That offense at the end of round 4 by Wonderboy was my reasoning for why it wouldn't be a 10-7. No question it is a 10-8.

Back