Did anybody buy a Nintendo Entertainment System - NES Classic Edition?

Nope. Not really in a nostalgia run.
I go in and out. This nes retro money pit may send me back. i havent looked into that nor the original street fighter.

In my arcade SF had those punch pads. i saw a guy go all the way to sagat and beat him. I want to do that but no one ever EVER talks about a decent version of that game.

TG16 CD had Fighting Street, which is that game but no one spoke highly about it and i think it's cuz the controls were shit.

Basically just an emulator with a few pre loaded roms packed into a tiny case that looks like a NES.

<mma4>

Some people love mac, some people love consoles. Let them be.

I actually use my dreamcast for most of my emulator needs tbh :) Just loaded up a bunch of Genesis, Snes, and NES roms onto a few discs and play them that way.

I actually use my dreamcast for most of my emulator needs tbh :) Just loaded up a bunch of Genesis, Snes, and NES roms onto a few discs and play them that way.
Holy shit are you fucking kidding?

Well no shit. Do you think you're the first person to know about emulators? Every one in this thread knows about emulators.
Some people, like who this was designed for, want a plug and play solution without having to set anything up.
Lol, it's pointless arguing with him. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, all while the appeal of the console is sailing right over his head.

I bought the Sega classic game console, and it sucks. You have to make sure the controllers are level and pointed at the console or they don't work. It's a pain in the ass.

You can also use the original Genesis controllers. I had one lying around, and it worked pretty well. Still though, the wireless controllers it comes with are indeed pure garbage.

Lol, it's pointless arguing with him. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, all while the appeal of the console is sailing right over his head.
I don't get the superiority complex either.

Take a drink every time he says " Classic!" I dare ya.

it's a slick little thing, the Nintendo packaging and detail alone both in the physical case and in the emulation of the games is top notch.

i'm in the emulation group though, i used an ouya for my retro gaming and right now need to build a new retro station, might use raspberry pi 3 if it can handle psp games.

they included Columns I and II in the Genesis prepack?

what in the literal fuck
aint nobody got time for that

also no strider or altered beast? bruh

I like how on all of those package sets they include a few games in there no one really gives a shit about. It is part of the 'corporate agreement'.

Nintendo vs Sega huh?

I remember this battle very well... in mid 80's Nintendo was running the home video game market and in 1986 here comes this new system called the Sega Master System. The Sega Master System was definitely the superior gaming system with better graphics. The graphics on Sega's games were the closes to the arcade version at the time but Nintendo had better games with better game play.

WINNER: NINTENDO!

Yeah... Nintendo still won. I remember back in the mid 80's a buddy of mine wanted a Nintendo for Christmas but his mother let the guy at the electronics store convince her that Sega was a much better gaming system than Nintendo and that the games were better... so she bought him Sega instead of a Nintendo.

So... a couple days after Christmas me and a couple other friends went over to my buddy's house to play his Sega. We were blown away by the cool arcade like graphics but after maybe a hour of playing the games we kinda felt like that the games weren't as fun as Nintendo's. The games looked way better but the game play just wasn't there and Sega also had a very small game library. My buddy wasn't to happy... not only did he really want a Nintendo but now since he had a different system he couldn't trade games with us. lol

Speaking of Sega... what do you guys think of Sega's Classic gaming console that comes with 80 games?

image hosting more than 5mb

windows screen capture

Thank you.... I was really thinking about buying one since it's so cheap. Thanks for the heads up.

Pretty sure they are only licensed by Sega too, not produced by them. Hence the number of not well known games on them.

There is a Genesis console with 80 games and two wireless controllers at Walgreens for $60. Might get that until the NES one becomes more available...

Back