Did 60s-era bodybuilder Larry Scott have the best physique of all time?

G

Guestx

Much is made of Arnold's physique, as we know. And Frank Zane is a favorite of many. And then of course there's Zyzz. Oh Zyzz, RIP.

But what about Larry Scott?

For those who don't know, Scott was the first ever Mr. Olympia winner, winning the title in both 1965 and 1966. He was 5'7", usually weighed between 205 and 215 lbs, and was the first bodybuilder to reach the 20" arm milestone.

Every time I run across his pics I fail to find flaws in his physique. He always seems to have just the right amount of mass without having too much. His physique seems to be perfectly symmetrical. And I find him to be the definition of an "aesthetic" look.

So I'm putting it out there: Larry Scott had the best physique of all time.

Agree or disagree?

18cbd2cc8959c674e5e4cdc297df8a2f.jpg

10ba4318fe759c8e798e791eda062b32.jpg

Larry+Scott+03.jpg

30e68cec9d2b2faf6d8dfe378972189b.jpg

Also, I'll just add that he kept himself in shape and continued to kick ass even into his 70s:

tumblr_lyv3epPUSU1r827vgo1_400.jpg

Prime Arnie wrecks him imo

Prime Arnie wrecks him imo

I think that's the general contention, but frankly I think Arnold had symmetry problems. His biceps, for one, did not look alike and every time I see pics of him that sticks out to me.

That doesn't mean Arnold wasn't awesome. He obviously was. But he wasn't this flawless specimen like some pretend him to be.

Never heard of this guy but...
<mma4>
... good contender but he's not close to Arnie's level.

Arnold-Schwarzenegger.jpg

13-arnold-schwarzenegger-approved-nutrition-tips-graphics-3.jpg

first off, no homo. The only addition I have for this thread is i think bodybuilders with extreme vascularity are disgusting looking.

Serge nubret is better tha Larry Scott.

Never heard of this guy but...
<mma4>
... good contender but he's not close to Arnie's level.

aEGOggo_700b.jpg

13-arnold-schwarzenegger-approved-nutrition-tips-graphics-3.jpg

Out of curiosity, why specifically would you say Arnold was better? Just because he was more massive?

In my opinion, Scott was better shaped. Frankly, in that second pic you posted Arnold doesn't even look that good. He looks like some misshapen oaf.

Met Larry in Hawaii many years ago. His guns were still impressive.

No. Pretty much every woman on the planet looks much better..

scott was considered to have a fantastic physique at the time.
so was steve reeves, vince gironda and harold poole also thought to possess awesome figures.

they were the precursors and in many cases the inspiration for another generation of bodybuilders to emerge and evolve.

Back