Dick's and Walmart Are Being Sued for Age Discrimination re Gun Sales

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by alanb, Mar 8, 2018.

1. fallable

fallable Brown Belt

But, to my knowledge, the courts aren't doing that, right? What the general conservative believes won't factor into how the court rules. It's a real legal case we are discussing here, Dicks and Wal-Mart being sued for age discrimination, not the validity or consistency of the mainstream conservative movements political ideology.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. Madmick

Madmick Scholar of Taghaza Staff Member Senior Moderator

Funny how leftists care about the freedom of business when it suits their agenda....and only when it suits their agenda.

This is your own stick.

Yorkist and ObsoleteSoul like this.
  3. jeffbeesdat

jeffbeesdat Orange Belt

Awesome surfing reference. Do you still surf? Where did you live or grow up?

4. El anciano

El anciano Green Belt

They need to stop selling guns period. At some point you would think there will be enough murders that we will make guns illegal. Documents written 200 years ago have no way to account for changes in society

5. Moretti

Moretti Layla & Sadie

It should be 25 imo

6. Liquid Smoke

Liquid Smoke Great artists steal™

No. Our position is businesses should be able to make as much money as they want.

7. Canned Tuna

Canned Tuna Red Belt

I agree.

My stance is that bakeries should be able to deny anyone they want for any reason. I'll stick to it and say that Walmart and dicks should be able to do the same.

I'm not going to judge someone who abuses this broken system to make a buck off of Walmart too harshly. Because fuck Walmart

8. alanb

alanb Brown Belt

9. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Black Belt

How much longer until everything gets pushed up to 21:

- voting
    - joining the military
    - gambling
    - buying tobacco

10. Fedorable

Fedorable A man trapped in a man's body.

which is the cake amendment?

we got a free tide pod sample in the mail.

11. Arkain2K

Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

I have always thought the 18/21 thing is hilarious. Particularly when people legally gets married and can't even legally drink to the toast at their own wedding. Because they're supposedly responsible enough to start their own family but not mature enough for a glass of champagne to celebrate.

You're either legally an adult, or you're not.

Once you ARE declared to be an adult by law, you should be eligible for ALL the rights offered to adults.

I don't even care where they want that arbitrary goalpost to be, but just be consistent and choose one.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  12. lfd0311

lfd0311 Gold Belt

huh?

13. Teppodama

Teppodama Black Belt

They need to stop selling cars period. At some point you would think there will be enough drunk driving accidents that we will make either vehicles or alcohol illegal, again.

Oh I know, we can simply put those cool breathalyzer sensors in all vehicles that keep them from starting if you exceed the limit. No reason we shouldn't have those in every vehicle given how many alcohol related deaths there are a year.

Oh, and we should certainly make it so that max MPH on all vehicles can't exceed 65mph, possibly 75mph, unless they're emergency, law enforcement or military vehicles. No reason law abiding citizens need to go any faster than that. We could also just tie them all into GPS with a limiters to determine where the vehicle is at all times and through the onboard computer and sensors throttle its speed to whatever is the legal limit in that given area. So if it's posted as 30mph, you can only go 30mph until you enter another zone that is higher. No reason we shouldn't, the tech is there and it'll save lives.

What my point is if all you're concerned about is saving lives then we can certainly do a whole hell of a lot more to make lives safe along side getting rid of all the guns. We can curb or remove so many liberties and elements of our society as to virtually guarantee one of, if not the the most, safe society in the world. But how much do you really want to live in that society.

We know fast food is bad for you. We can outlaw it. Only organic locally sourced products from now on.

Raising meat animals for food...horrible for the environment and climate change. Gonna lead to a lot of deaths...outlaw it.

The afore mentioned alcohol. Servers no real medicinal or nutritional purpose. Leads to a metric F-ton of deaths...outlaw it.

Opioids, too dangerous to allow unlicensed citizens to self-administer. Shouldn't allow them to be able to receive them unless administered by a physician or licensed home health representative...legislate it.

Basically what I'm trying to say is if you're scared of guns and need them gone to feel safe, or so mightly concerned about saving lives, and are willing to impact my freedom to own them and use them lawfully without restriction then there are an absolute ton of things that are equally dangerous you get away with or have access to that I want legislated as well.