DiBella Defends Wilder-Arreola "PBC On FOX" As a Ratings Success

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Glad to see someone in the know put like it is

“The only other heavyweight title fight that’s done that many people was when Wilder fought on free TV the last time,” DiBella told BoxingScene.com. “It did a similar number. No Klitschko fight over the last decade has had that many people watch it. Even when Lewis fought Tyson, and it was enormous, less than two million homes saw it. So by what standards are you guys judging? - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-...-ratings-success--106940#sthash.mYMc6K8v.dpuf

Queen got ruined itt

comparing it to lewis/tyson? ahaha. wait. ahaha

Did you guys read the article?

He's just doing damage control.

Comparing it to Tyson/Lewis, Crawford/Postol, and GGG/Lemuiex viewers lmao.

2&1/2 million is a huge number, for an objective mismatch. The heat is rising for young Deontay, no doubt.

How the fuck did he break a hand and tear a bicep though.

Dat explosive power!

Good thing he's black, or Seano would be whining about how limited he is. ;)

2.5m is decent for a replacement fight for a paper belt.
What did it peak at?

Where are you guys getting 2.5 million at? It averaged 1.8 million I thought.

Glad to see someone in the know put like it is

“The only other heavyweight title fight that’s done that many people was when Wilder fought on free TV the last time,” DiBella told BoxingScene.com. “It did a similar number. No Klitschko fight over the last decade has had that many people watch it. Even when Lewis fought Tyson, and it was enormous, less than two million homes saw it. So by what standards are you guys judging? - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-...-ratings-success--106940#sthash.mYMc6K8v.dpuf
Is he comparing PPV buys to free TV viewers?

If you read it clearly states more viewers as in more exposure to the general public
I'm not looking for a fight but if you have an in with Haymon have him call me. I'm tired of waiting for DiBella to stop by S&W to offer my services.

I'm not looking for a fight but if you have an in with Haymon have him call me. I'm tired of waiting for DiBella to stop by S&W to offer my services.

Lol pm me your number I'll put you in touch

If you read it clearly states more viewers as in more exposure to the general public

If you think there were more eyeballs on Wilder vs Nipples than Tyson vs Lewis then you are misinformed.

Nobody outside of the USA watches boxing bruh.

Where are you guys getting 2.5 million at? It averaged 1.8 million I thought.
The entire show did 1.8 million. The main event did 2.5 million.

Overall ratings still terrible no matter how you spin it

The entire show did 1.8 million. The main event did 2.5 million.

Overall ratings still terrible no matter how you spin it
How is that terrible?

This is the most watched HW fight not featuring Johann Duhaupus in years.

Back