Diaz vs Woodley... Terrible fight to make, but might be more competitive than you think.

Woodley hits him with that full power lead right in the first minute and he'll be lucky if he isn't eating through a straw for months.

Woodley fought Wonderboy for a fucking HOUR and landed that overhand right a grand total of 3x. Each time being late in the fight.

Wonderboy also has bad boxing defense and has proven to be susceptible to big right hands.

What makes you think he would land it on Nate that fast?

Not a chance.
Tyron is the same old Tyron. He can’t help but find a way to have his back to the cage, trapped. He did it in the Maia fight.hes lucky Maia has shit striking.

He done it against Rory who had his way with him there and he done it with nate marquardt who as well all know, battered him silly

This could very well turn out like the Michael Johnson fight

I love Nate but I hate the thought of him being champion tho. He will NEVER defend, unless it's against Conor.

What's even worse is that they might let Conor fight for the WW title. Holy shit that would be terrible

Hoping someone pulls out.

He will not give Woodley problems, Wonderboy didn't give him any on the feet, Nates boxing will not at all. Woodley will leg kick him raw (underrated inside kicks) and take him down at will.

And this thread basically says "Every fighter has a chance", well good for you for figuring that out bro, must of taken you all night to come up with it.
Wrong. Wonderboy was not as able to capitalise on Woodley because he has sub par boxing. Wonderboy is a great kicker and an ok puncher but the gulf between the two is huge.

Tyron can’t handle good boxing.
Nate possesses the skillset that Woodley can’t handle.

Obviously Tyron is a great wrestler and should be using that predominantly but I’m not so sure he will

Last edited:
Ha, wishful matchmaking on UFC's part, they are hoping Nate wins and sets up the greatest of all superfights with Conor for the 170 strap.

Nate is not even a top 10 WW.
He would get smashed by fighters like Wonderboy, Maia, RDA etc, ops he already did.

The only reason he get this hype is because he beat the biggest hype job in all of sports McGregor twice.

Well I guess this is cool for the casuals and the less smart people (who believes in this Mcgregor hype)

What's even worse is that they might let Conor fight for the WW title. Holy shit that would be terrible

Hoping someone pulls out.
Yep, they absolutely would. In fact if it wasn't for that potential I doubt they would make this fight. This whole thing is a fevered dream of Nate vs Conor for the 170 strap - WME/IMG is all about those big superfights.

Woodley fought Wonderboy for a fucking HOUR and landed that overhand right a grand total of 3x. Each time being late in the fight.

Wonderboy also has bad boxing defense and has proven to be susceptible to big right hands.

-Retard alert-

I've news for you, Wonderboy is 10 times the striker Nate will ever be,
I suggest you do some google research and watch some fights before you talk :)

Nate only has 1 legit win in the UFC and thats against Michael Johnson.

Yepp he beat McG and Maynard but they are not that good

-Retard alert-

Fuck off idiot, you don't know shit.

Your mind is as simple as "this guys a good striker and he couldn't do well so this guy who's a worse striker will do worse!!!!" While completely ignoring that there are different types of striking and that they match up different in different fights.

Yes, overall, Wonderboy is a much better MMA striker than Nate but as far as boxing goes he isn't. His boxing is pretty weak, and especially his boxing DEFENSE.

In a pure boxing match, Nate would beat the living dog shit out of both Woodley and Wonderboy.

He will not give Woodley problems, Wonderboy didn't give him any on the feet, Nates boxing will not at all. Woodley will leg kick him raw (underrated inside kicks) and take him down at will.

And this thread basically says "Every fighter has a chance", well good for you for figuring that out bro, must of taken you all night to come up with it.

Wonderboy is a karate-stance counter fighter. Nate Diaz is a pressure-oriented boxer. Two completely different fighters and styles.

Not saying Diaz would win, but that’s just a terrible comparison.

Wonderboy is a karate-stance counter fighter. Nate Diaz is a pressure-oriented boxer. Two completely different fighters and styles.

Not saying Diaz would win, but that’s just a terrible comparison.

Jesus Christ, finally someone with some sense.

Sure, Wonderboy is a better MMA striker than Nate, but he is also completely DIFFERENT. Nate will present completely different problems for Tyron than Wonderboy djd.

Just because 2 guys are "strikers", doesn't mean that they are one and the same. There are tons of different styles of just BOXING, let alone when you throw in kicks, knees and elbows.

There's volume strikers, power strikers, counter strikers, pressure strikers, guys who like to fight in the pocket, guys who like to control the range, stationary strikers, strikers who use a lot of footwork, etc etc etc.

STYLES MAKE FIGHTS.

Otherwise every single boxing and kickboxing fight ever made would look identical, you dumb fuck simpletons.

Last edited:
Everyone knows that nate cant stop a TD from his girlfreind. Tyron doesnt smash much of anything though. He doesnt even fight 95% of the time in a fight as opposed to a fighter who always forwards always looking for subs basically always active. Can woodly TKO before pace Nate sets wears on him? Or Tyron just lay and pray... again I mentioned ref is huge in this fight... wrt lay and pray and TKO opinion.
neither does werdum, both make up for It by being excellent off their backs.

People saying that he loses to wrestlers aren't exactly accurate. He's had trouble In the past with guys who can challenge his bottom game. Guys with proficient jiu jitsu of their own. Both Bendo / RDA had excellent grappling.

His last LW run was a long time ago as well, many years. His grappling has only Improved. Tyron Is a brown belt himself I believe but I don't believe It will be all that easy to just lay and pray him. Even If it goes down, It's not gonna be easy for Tyron there either.

-Retard alert-

overall striker, yes.

boxer, Nate Is far above WB and It's not even close.

2 different styles.

don't think you have a clue what you're tallking about sir.

Chainsaw since we talked yesterday I've been watching all Tyrons old fights. ::::zzzz::::. Anyway - Dem legs kicks he has are vicious. Put Conduit out with 1. Maybe condider that. I'm at 75% Tyron 25% nate late.

Basically Tyron has elite skills in Nates two flaws. Flaws everyone uses to beat nate. Like a blue print these days - well known, Wrestling and leg kicks.

Nate only chance is Tyron gasses and he can start working him.

Wonderboy was probably the toughest stylistic match-up for Woodley, he's a huge WW, has great outside movement/timing. As noted he doesn't have the best defensive boxing, but he does have some nice counters and obviously a solid chin (since he somehow didn't die from Woodley overhands). His whole gameplan against Woodley was to outfight and turn it into a point-karate type contest where he could negate the wrestling and power by staying on the outside to use his kicks and not brawling/clinching. Being able to repeatedly land killshot overhand rights against very talented strikers like WB shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

Don't remember WB eating too many overhands specifically outside of the Woodley fights, best punch Masvidal landed on him was a left hook. For the most part seems like guys haven't been able to figure out how to close the distance without eating shots and then chasing ghosts, so he hasn't taken much damage before the Woodley fights since like Matt Brown?

I actually counted 5 x Right Overhands from Woodley that dropped him a total of 5 times (3 in the first fight, 2 in the second fight); he did that against one of the best overall strikers in the division and has a very tricky style that negates some of his strengths. He also knocked out Robbie Lawler in 2 minutes when he was supposedly unstoppable. He outstruck Carlos Condit and destroyed his leg. So he's been pretty consistent in out-striking the best strikers they can match-up against him.

Stylistically it's just a bad match-up for Nate, he's pretty far outside his prime and not fighting regularly, taken a lot of damage in the last couple fights he was in (and a ton over the course of his career). Woodley probably is on the decline but still such an athletic beast, so will definitely have a big speed/strength advantage, hasn't been in too many wars outside of the Marquardt fight back in the day. Diaz theoretically would have the cardio advantage if he can dictate the type of the fight it is (boxing out-fighting game). However, Nate's sub-par kicks/plodding footwork/lack of TDD will be up against one of the most athletic and powerful wrestlers in the sport so it's a pretty glaring weakness to be exploited by a super intelligent fighter/camp that he would be up against.

Woodley used to base his game around that fake blast double/overhand right set-up a lot, Nate is a slow starter and if you bait him into exchanging early he typically is there to be hit. Nate is tough as nails but if he was getting repeatedly dropped by shots from Conor the same shots from Woodley will put him away. Woodley has the same ability to close distance quickly as Conor while being more explosive and having the double-threat of the takedown.

I just think Woodley is a very intelligent fighter that will be able to exploit the openings with his skillset - maybe he doesn't KO Nate that fast, who knows...but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was first round or even in the first big exchange.

Nick would've been a better choice. I think Nick can win against Woodley

I'll take that over Woodley as champ tbh.

If Nates smart he will talk a lot shit. Like seriously disrespectful shit and get Tyron heated enough to head hunt in the fight. Then once in the fight slap him and keep talking shit to egg him on even further. Make him get reckless and want to take his head off on the feet to prove a point.

Tyron seems like he'd get easily rustled so it might just work.

If Nate can coax him into a stand and bang session then he has a decent shot at winning.

Jesus Christ, do you guys imagine the shitstorm which would ensue if Nate started throwing some really nasty racist slurs at Tyrone DURING the fight!?? That would be fucking gold.

Back