Diaz coach Richard Perez claims Conor McGregor took “substance” to help with stamina, mass gains

This is complete and utter horseshit...

First.. McGregor may or may not be clean, im not going into that one..

But, the idea that USADA found something but did nothing.. As soon as a lab flags a positive its not just USADA that are informed, but WADA also get an alert and it brought to their attention. WADA's role is to ensure that signatories follow up on positives, that cases are dealt with.

There is simply no way that USADA could bury a positive.

True indeed. But I'll politely remind you that Vitor pissed hot and had dissemination of the positive result covered up until it was unintentionally leaked over email around the time of the jones fight, after that happened, I say all bets are off.

God damn, I never thought it would be this hard to be a Diaz fan.

Wouldn't be surprised but I'll wait till some actual evidence comes out as opposed to just hearsay.

yeah, but suspicious results can absolutely be buried, like his low T/E ratio.

Yet people are certain that a multi-million dollar golden goose athlete won't have his ass covered by his company which makes astronomical amounts of money off him

That's some super naive shit they're on

And i'm not saying it's only conor, shit we have proof that the ufc covered Belfort ass when he juiced against Jones

But somehow conor fans do not accept it's highly possible for macgregor also... It's pretty disgusting

But, the idea that USADA found something but did nothing.. As soon as a lab flags a positive its not just USADA that are informed, but WADA also get an alert and it brought to their attention. WADA's role is to ensure that signatories follow up on positives, that cases are dealt with.

I mean, this isn't Russia

Didn't the UFC "bury a positive" for Brock Lesnar that ultimately surfaced?

The other thing is: testing isn't a magic bullet. The guy can be on PEDs and not test positive. It's not trivial.

yeah, but suspicious results can absolutely be buried, like his low T/E ratio.

WADA have access to all results. A low t/e ratio in itself would just lead to follow up testing. WADA would also see the results of any follow up testing. This is why the UFC went with USADA, becaue they are monitored and overseen by WADA.

Didn't they bury or delay reporting some kind of test result from Vitor Belfort? I remember something about that but don't remember the details.

That wasnt usada. UFC chose to ignore Belforts wonky t/e ratio. That wouldnt happen now

True indeed. But I'll politely remind you that Vitor pissed hot and had dissemination of the positive result covered up until it was unintentionally leaked over email around the time of the jones fight, after that happened, I say all bets are off.

that wasnt usada. vitor didnt actually test positive but his testosterone levels were 100% suspicious but it was ignored.
THat could not happen under USADA because of the monitoring and oversight of WADA. USADA have to show they have investigated and commenced disciplinary action on every positive or issue or they risk losing their accrediation. That would be catastrophic for US sport. We are talking Russian levels of catastrophic.

Yet people are certain that a multi-million dollar golden goose athlete won't have his ass covered by his company which makes astronomical amounts of money off him

That's some super naive shit they're on

And i'm not saying it's only conor, shit we have proof that the ufc covered Belfort ass when he juiced against Jones

But somehow conor fans do not accept it's highly possible for macgregor also... It's pretty disgusting

but you are failing to understand what the system is.

USADA are accredited by WADA. If they lose that accreditation American sport is fucked. Like really fucked.

Every positive, every suspicious sample that goes though the system is flagged for wada (its all administered through a central database).

Its simply not possible for USADA to cover up a positive test without WADA's knowledge unless they employed some Russian style breaking into the lab and swapping out samples level shit.

It wasn't all muscle gain. McGregor also had extra fat since he wasn't cutting a ton of weight like he did for 145. And as mentioned, McGregor weighed about 168, so he fought at WW with no weight cut.

dynamic_resize

Back