Diaz Bros launch their own weed pipe & papers (VIDEO)

That was the most bullshit thing. It was basically a case of entrapment. Tommy Chong had (has?) a website that sold stuff online. The police decided to order something and ship it to a place where paraphernalia is illegal. Tommy Chong's website shipped them the stuff, and they arrested him for distributing paraphernalia illegally. They specifically targeted him and not all of the other sites that do the exact same thing, so it was almost definitely just a case of "let's arrest a celebrity and we'll be famous"
It's a catch 22. It's not illegal depending on how it's marketed. Gotta make sure everything dotted and crossed right.

The Diaz bros are entertaining, and I'm a fan, but I wouldn't buy a product with their faces on it.

It's a catch 22. It's not illegal depending on how it's marketed. Gotta make sure everything dotted and crossed right.
But the crime literally doesn't exist until the police make the purchase. It's not illegal where the website is headquartered, it's not illegal where they have their warehouse, and it's not illegal in most places. Do they have to read up on the laws of every single town in the entire country and know where it's legal or not? Because it sounds to me like the only crime really is that someone knowingly violated the ban on paraphernalia by placing the order. It's completely unreasonable to assume anyone is capable of knowing and tracking laws in literally every single city, county, town, township, hamlet, borough, etc. because you can't possibly keep track of them - laws change in thousands of places on a daily basis.

HUGE amount of money in this.... if they are not fighting, why not make some money? Very smart IMO

Very cool. Isn't this why Tommy Chong got into trouble? Crazy, that wasn't that long ago.
Edit: Didn't realize you guys discussed this.

I'm glad to see that Nate and Nick are finally cashing in on their fame with something that is sustainable after their fighting careers are over. They've come a long way.

But the crime literally doesn't exist until the police make the purchase. It's not illegal where the website is headquartered, it's not illegal where they have their warehouse, and it's not illegal in most places. Do they have to read up on the laws of every single town in the entire country and know where it's legal or not? Because it sounds to me like the only crime really is that someone knowingly violated the ban on paraphernalia by placing the order. It's completely unreasonable to assume anyone is capable of knowing and tracking laws in literally every single city, county, town, township, hamlet, borough, etc. because you can't possibly keep track of them - laws change in thousands of places on a daily basis.
well, it's like if you run an american based website sales and someone in australia purchases a product, you're held liable for consumer law in that country, even though you were selling in america. there's lots of loopholes that can fuck you with online sales.

well, it's like if you run an american based website sales and someone in australia purchases a product, you're held liable for consumer law in that country, even though you were selling in america. there's lots of loopholes that can fuck you with online sales.
Difference is, it's easy to see if something is illegal in the entire country of Australia. This was a case where it was illegal in one particular location and Tommy Chong and his website were not aware of the law - it's simply impossible to know the laws of every single town and county.

For example, can you tell me the legal status of paraphernalia in Wesley, Arkanasa? How about La Grange, North Carolina? How about any other random place in the country you've never been to or heard of? It can be made illegal at a city/town level, a county level, or a state level - and there are a FUCKTON of individual cities/towns/boroughs etc., each with their own laws, and the laws can change at any time with no public posting on the internet. How can anyone honestly be expected to keep track of that many individual places and laws? Why did they only pursue charges against Tommy Chong and not the (literal) thousands of other places where one can buy paraphernalia online?

It was entrapment, plain and simple. If Tommy Chong wasn't famous, they'd never have wasted their time.

Lol is this real life? Will the rolling papers give you an iron chin and the inexplicable urge to flip off everyone around you?

I'll hold out for the Diaz-branded nunchaku.

Nick and Nate Diaz have launched their own personalised/branded "Diaz Bros" weed pipes and rolling papers...This could actually be a worldwide hit.

"Could be a worldwide hit"...lol

Back