Diamond Muay Thai vs Sitsongpeenong Phuket vs Sinbi

RichardN7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello world,

I'm off to Thailand this summer to take my game to the next level, I've never had Muay Thai training, but have a solid skillset in Boxing and Kickboxing.
I'm torn between Diamond MT in Koh Phangan, Sinbi and Sitsongpeenong Phuket.

Any experiences, reviews or advice you have to share are appreciated.

Could you please elaborate? :D how is it better than the other two?

are you going to Thailand for a holiday or specifically to kickstart your MT training?

i dont know why you would select Diamond MT on island of Koh Phangan, it is a small island off a small island (koh samui) off the coast of southern thailand - do you really imagine it to be a place where the best training would be found? Koh Pha Ngan, to give it its proper name, is known as "the party island", its where they have the massive Full Moon parties on the beach at that spring break fratpack trustafarian shithole of a town Haad Rin

Sinbi i have heard little about but the little i have heard has it down as a tourist gym

if you want to do some thai holidaying , maybe the island of Koh Samui fits the bill, and SuperPro gym is pretty respected, overeem and others have done camps there. But if you really want training first and foremost, go and stay at Sitsongpeenong BANGKOK, that's the one i would go to. I am looking at doing two weeks there myself later this year, i visited recently and it was sick

are you going to Thailand for a holiday or specifically to kickstart your MT training?

i dont know why you would select Diamond MT on island of Koh Phangan, it is a small island off a small island (koh samui) off the coast of southern thailand - do you really imagine it to be a place where the best training would be found? Koh Pha Ngan, to give it its proper name, is known as "the party island", its where they have the massive Full Moon parties on the beach at that spring break fratpack trustafarian shithole of a town Haad Rin

Sinbi i have heard little about but the little i have heard has it down as a tourist gym

if you want to do some thai holidaying , maybe the island of Koh Samui fits the bill, and SuperPro gym is pretty respected, overeem and others have done camps there. But if you really want training first and foremost, go and stay at Sitsongpeenong BANGKOK, that's the one i would go to. I am looking at doing two weeks there myself later this year, i visited recently and it was sick
I'm going there to train, not party. Diamond is very hihly recommended, that is why I'm interested.
Could you describe your time in Sitsongpeenong Bangkok? I'm leaning towards going there myself.

I'm going there to train, not party. Diamond is very hihly recommended, that is why I'm interested.
Could you describe your time in Sitsongpeenong Bangkok? I'm leaning towards going there myself.
Why would you go to a party island for serious training?

I was there for two months. The location is on the outskirts of Bangkok so there are no real distractions. The only things to do in the area are go to coffee shops or the supermarket but you can go to different places in a taxi. They also take you to quite a bit of fights.

The accomodation is really nice. It is like a hotel. They have satelite TV, a pool tbale and a x box if you get bored. Only thing was the wifi was rubbish when I was there.

The padholders make the training fun and most of them help you out a lot. Also people like Sittichai helped me out a bit. In the AM the foreigners and the Thais train together so you can spar with them etc. If you're very good you can train with them in the afternoon. I mainly clinced with the foreigners but occasionally I got to clinch with Rolex and some of the smaller Thai boys. I was there when it was the IFMA's so there were a lot of really good fighters there with a few beginners.

Monday Wednesday and Friday
AM
running around the park (it's really beautifull). The run is optional
you may start of with kicks and knees on the bag
then you do pads 3-5 round 4 minutes with 30 seconds rest. Even though sometimes they go over
when you are not doing pads you are on the bag. Sometimes the trainers come over and make you work a lot on the bag. Especially Monlit
50 Kicks and 200 knees on the bag
clinch about 20 minutes
press ups sit ups and pull ups

PM Boxing sparring
20 mins skipping
then you do pads 3-5 round 4 minutes with 30 seconds rest. Even though sometimes they go over
when you are not doing pads you are on the bag. Sometimes the trainers come over and make you work a lot on the bag. Especially Monlit
clinch about 20 minutes

Tuesday Thursday and Saturday
AM
running around the park
Thai sparring

PM
20 minutes skipping
pads 3-5 round 4 minutes with 30 seconds rest. Even though sometimes they go over
clinch about 20 minutes

what is the best way to book at a training camp in phuket. do you email first then book or just turn up there?

That is my favourite description of Haad Rin, trustafarian shithole hahaha

Right now, Sinbi is producing the best fighters of those three gyms, by far. People think of Sinbi as a "tourist gym", which in some respects perhaps it is, but they have more fighters who are competing in the stadiums right now than Sitsongpeenong Bangkok, which people probably think of as a "serious gym". A bunch of their fighters are young too and competing in good divisions.

Sitsongpeenong is basically a gym which you name check, if you don't know anything about muay thai but want to pretend that your on the cutting edge of what's happening. It's a gym which has appeal for muay thai noobs.

Would have been cool to train at Sinbi while Saenchai was there a few years back.

Right now, Sinbi is producing the best fighters of those three gyms, by far. People think of Sinbi as a "tourist gym", which in some respects perhaps it is, but they have more fighters who are competing in the stadiums right now than Sitsongpeenong Bangkok, which people probably think of as a "serious gym".

What fighters do they have?

If you've never done MT before I wouldn't worry too much. I'm not sure how fit you are but training twice a day at a so called tourist gym should be more than enough. Your experience will largely depend more on you than the gym itself. Sitsongpeenong or Sinbi both sound good to me. I've been to Sinbi many times and have nothing but good things to say about it. People like to look down on gyms by calling them tourist gyms but the truth is if you're not a pro fighter and staying in Thailand for a long time then you're a tourist.

Back