Diabetes CGM and martial art, possible?

LeKarateur

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, been diabetic for a while and now I have received my first continuous glucose monitor...

It's a bit sad because it feels like I won't be able to do any form of contact sport since it's a bit too fragile to get hit. Recommended to wear on the stomach but many also wear on the upper buttock and some on the tricep as well. Feel as if tricep is a bit risky as well. This means the upper buttock would be my only choice but I'm still not too sure...

Was wondering if you or someone you know have used a CGM successfully while doing some kind of martial art? Preferably more sporty ones rather than traditional arts.

Thanks.

Hey.. do you experience frequent lows? I mean, do you need to wear it 100% of the time?

hey bro, I am a nurse. I am not a doctor so I would advise you talk with your doctor first but.......from my understanding exercise is good for people with DM. That being said, I dont see any reason why you couldnt train muay thai, you may not be able to fight or spar, but you can do everything else as far as conditioning, bag work, pad work as long as you can place it somewhere it wouldnt interfere with your movements, just make sure your pad holder, coach, etc. etc. is aware of your monitor and doesnt hit you there. Not sure of your age but if you are a minor consult with your parents. your a real champ my friend, go for it.

Back