Di Nardo Boxing

Sorry man got a big ass migraine right now so I'm a bit snappy. Didn't mean to take it out on you.
No worries. Didn't mean to be an asshole. After all, it's you and me both who can't afford these gloves.

Hope your migraine goes away...

"The purpose of DI NARDO is to create products with the best materials available on the world market, investing in research, choosing only the best, so that we can give our customers a better product, handmade and with precious materials.

True, Kevlar thread is not necessary, but it's a finesse, something that other brands do not have. To be 'made in Italy' is to be synonymous with style and quality, constantly improving and treating every single aspect of any artifact.

Example:
A handy carpenter who builds a solid wood cabinet will only care for the front of the cabinet, as the back will be resting against a wall, so he will not care for it and will use poor materials for building the walls rear of the cabinet, as the human eye will not see that part but only the front of the closet.

A master carpenter, instead, will care for the exterior as the interior of the furniture, and will use precious wood for the construction of all the artefacts, of course, the furniture will cost more, but the result will be absolutely better.

This is what makes DI NARDO. Handcrafted and treating every single aspect of the glove - both internally and externally.

The leather:
- It's common knowledge that some of the biggest companies in the world, I do not want to name names, produce handbags and leather goods in general, only and strictly in Italian leather. The reason is simple - Italy is the capital of tanning leather. We are the masters in the tanning of the skin, nobody and I say no one in the world has our knowledge in glorifying these materials.

Calfskin is definitely one of the best skins that can be used to produce boxing equipment equipment. The point is to get the leather to the right thickness for the workmanship but it is the tanning method that is the most important since it is by its toughness, brilliance, and durability.

We are the old continent, Italy has 150 years of history, it is a country that has always lived in manufacturing, I, Filippo Leccese Di Nardo, come from a generation of tailors and tanners. All my life I have lived among machines for sewing fabrics and skins. I could talk to you about hides for hours; tell you stories and secrets of a craft that is passed on from generation to generation - from it's origins to the present day.

Most boxing equipment manufacturers rely on suppliers - I have no supplier. I create my product from start to finish, from model paper to cut, from padding to packaging. The only company I really enjoy is Cleto Reyes but others are just entrepreneurs. They would not know where to start building a pair of gloves.

This is the artist's life. I hope that when I'm gone, my gloves will be recognized as valuable pieces of art."

- Filippo Leccese Di Nardo

@Di Nardo Boxing - From my very basic knowledge of leather, Calf leather is typically thinner than Cowhide leather. If this is the case, what is the advantage to having thinner leather as opposed to thicker leather for boxing gloves?

To clarify, this is not meant as an attack on the brand, just genuinely curious on your take given your experience in the field.

The reason alot of brands choose to use cow or buffalo hide is that a large proportion of them use Pakistan manufacturers, a country populated heavily with those animals. The main problem is the method of tanning this skin - they do not use exemplary techniques. Unfortunately using this aswell as poor synthetic dyes results in a low quality of leather to work with. We only use the first choice of leather and we chose calf as it has a greater sturdiness over time than the leather used by other manufacturers. Furthermore, the leather is divided into first choice and second choice. Di Nardo only uses the first choice - the best part of the animal. The second choice is the skimmers of the hides coming from other workings or from parts of the animal that could have been damaged in their lifetime.

The Gloves look great, good luck to your endeavours.

Padding compositions.

Combat gloves:

- Model no "EQUUM I" - Composition:
- horsehair, EVA (quilted) - rigid padding - 08.oz - 10.oz

IMG_20171108_202814_329.jpg

- Model no "EQUUM II" - Composition:
- horsehair, microfiber bow, EVA (quilted) - semi-rigid padding - 08.oz - 10.oz

IMG-20171030-WA0017.jpg

- Model no "TUTELA" - Composition:
- horsehair, microfibre fence (quilted) - soft padding - 08.oz - 10.oz

IMG-20171115-WA0029.jpg

Training gloves:

- Model no "CAESTUS" - Composition:
- horsehair, foam rubber (quilted) - semi-soft padding
12.oz - 14.oz - 16.oz - 18.oz - 20.oz

IMG-20171110-WA0013.jpg

Note:
The training gloves 8 / 10.oz are padded with the "TUTELA" padding pattern.

Ashley Theophane rocking his bespoke fight gloves and boots on the way to a 7th round stoppage win.

IMG-20171202-WA0038.jpg IMG-20171202-WA0037.jpg IMG-20171202-WA0039.jpg IMG-20171202-WA0036.jpg

They look a lot better on someone.

A specially designed pair of 8oz professional fight gloves for a client of ours. These gloves incorporate our TUTELA padding system and, as is the Di Nardo way, are handcrafted by Filippo Leccese Di Nardo out of the finest materials available.

IMG-20171214-WA0010.jpg

Maybe you could do some kind of lottery and give one free pair to a Sherdog member so they can review them. Or you could just skip the lottery, give me a free pair, and I’ll happily review them!

Maybe you could do some kind of lottery and give one free pair to a Sherdog member so they can review them. Or you could just skip the lottery, give me a free pair, and I’ll happily review them!

We have already sent a pair to be reviewed by a forum member...

Who's the lucky member and when can we expect a review?

Back