Destiny, v8: Throw your money at the screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StabbyMcHatchet

Add StabbyMcHatchet on Instagram Facebook Twitter
@Brown
Reaction score
Last edited:
Nightfall is interesting...

and entirely not worth it. There's no more xp boost and the rewards were not worth the effort or time. I got 11 strange coins and my friend got a 287 handcannon.

A mixture of both, Probs sway towards pve though.

My advice, especially with the inception of the Prison of Elders, is that you focus on acquiring:
* Primary weapon in each burn type (of your preference: Hand cannon, A/R, etc)
* Shotgun in each burn type
* Sniper in each burn type
* HMG in each burn type
* Launcher in each burn type
I personally only play around with fusion rifles, scout rifles and pulse rifles during menial tasks like Patrols or Bounties, but when the shit gets thick and TTK (Time to Kill) becomes important, you want to know you have solid loadouts in every burn type.
Plus it is nice to have versatility in your loadouts. Any elemental shotgun will take down the same elemental sheild quickly in the PoE or anywhere else, leaving the enemy open to heavy attacks with a launcher or HMG, or headshots with your primary, etc. If for example you are fighting the Hive in the PoE and it is arc burn, you still may want to consider running a Solar Shotgun, because those wizards' sheilds are tough-as-nails solar, and your Arc damage weapons will take too long to drop the sheild, leaving you open to a quick death.

Like, when we run the PoE and we have to fight Valus Trau'ug (He recalibrates his sheild to a random burn type every time you take it down), I will typically run Void primary and heavy, with a Solar shotgun to address the Solar shield enemies.
My clanmate will run opposites, so one guy is primarly Solar with an Arc Shotty, and one guy is primarily Arc with a Void shotty.
This way, wahtever shield he pops, we have a guy on teh team who can take it down and we lay the boots to him.
Sorry if this post is too long guys. I just really love this game and love talking about it.

I got the Hawkmoon.

Loving this expansion. No regrets. I am happily deleting my old shit that I slaved so hard to get, and in three hours I brought my hunter up to level 40, and acquired legendary chest, arms and cape. Need boots and helmet, but even teh green and blue stuff is better than the previous Legendary gear I had.

Only thing is sentiment. I kinda want to keep my Iron Banner gear, just because that is the gear that I feel I actually "earned" through grinding. I kinda want to keep my Dead Orbit gear too, because it is vanilla and wil never be available, but if it is not upgradable there is really no point.

Loving everything. I picked the Autorifle as a reward from Cayde. (He is funny as hell man) It is a Suros Vanguard issue. I love the second sight on it. This game is amazing. I am pumped. It took every ounce of my willpower to come into work tonight.
Tomorrow I start working on my Warlock, getting him to 40, then next day will be Titan. Then the Raiding will begin.

#raidersandlooters

Hawkmoon is sooooo much fun to use.
Took me a long time to get it and well worth the effort

Just plowed my way to 40. There's so much to do.

Woo, my Hunter finally has a hood and cape.

Now onto my Warlock with his DBZ attacks.

it takes forever to load up the character screen now. I am having a hard time upgrade my weapons in the middle of matches now.

Title makes me happy I passed on this one.

it takes forever to load up the character screen now. I am having a hard time upgrade my weapons in the middle of matches now.

lol I was trying to switch weapons during missions and I had that problem

I was going to flip shit if I died.

Also, soloing that mission in the VoG...what a doozie.

Started leveling up my defender skill tree last night, finished striker, hoping to have 3 34s ready to go for ttk release. Also, those titan gauntlets I picked up from xur last week (can't remember their name) are killer. I've gotten several kills from the shock that is emitted when another player melees me in pvp.

I bought the ps4 bundle today.

Is it taking anyone else 4 hrs to dl this shit from scratch

last tuesday they did an update and it took 6-7 hours so today after a little update it was ready to go. If it only takes you 4hrs you're lucky

Thanks for the info guys, I already have VOC and Atheons Epilogue that i'll be looking to ascend asap.

How does the Prison of Elders reward system work? I've beat it on lvl 28 and 32 and got the chests. does this mean i won't be able to open the chests if i beat it on those levels again?

When I DL'ed the expansion last week I just walked away from teh xbox and went to bed. It was done by the time I woke up.

I've gotta say Ashton, I appreciate the posts you shared but as usual it all comes down to preference. Where you prefer the Word of Crota for Primary void, I prefer Atheons epilogue. But it is just a preference thing. I like bullet hoses. If there is Arc burn, I never hesitate to run the Necrochasm.
(This paragraph is in regard to PvE)

Great advice though, regarding the VoG weapons. I personally feel that the VoG weapons are some of the most superiour available in the game. It is a testament to the design and the thought that went into the VoG. Once Ascendant light was brought into the game and people could ascend ANY legendary, you saw people ascend VoG weapons in droves. This is especially noteworthy considering we have the option to reforge the new weapons into whatever perk tree we want, yet still people are flocking to the VoG weapons.
I have personally ascended Fatebringer, Found Verdict, Vision of Confluence, Atheons Epilogue, and will do Praedyths Revenge too. There is a real lack of Primary Solar burn, as far as legendary hand cannons go. I hope to get sherpa'd through the ToO to get to the lighthouse and score one of those Trials Hand cannons, and re-roll it to Solar burn.

I am wrecking shop now in Crucible, since discovering the loadout that suits my playstyle: NL Shadow Scout Rifle, Found Verdict Shotgun, Chain of Orbiks-Fel HMG.
I have almost every significant shotgun in the game with fucking-near perfect rolls (Just need Felwinters lie), and still I always run the Found Verdict over any other. Fast shooting, fast reloading, far reaching, hard hitting. Again, IMO the VoG weapons are superiour.

Most of what I posted for pvp is purely trials oriented as that is the only time I really play anymore. The TTK difference between most weapons in the crucible is like a quarter of a second or less, just about anything can be viable if you know how to use it and you aren't playing against MLG pro quickscopers that squeeze every last drop out of their perfectly rolled weapons.

PvE is pure preference, everything that's leveled up can work and honestly there is nothing more annoying than people in LFG demanding specific weapon loadouts for scripted content.

This expansion is the real deal. I am taking it slowly and enjoying each mission. Only lev 35 so far.

Such a shame they could not have this content ready earlier.

Thanks for the info guys, I already have VOC and Atheons Epilogue that i'll be looking to ascend asap.

How does the Prison of Elders reward system work? I've beat it on lvl 28 and 32 and got the chests. does this mean i won't be able to open the chests if i beat it on those levels again?

You can always open the little chests, they will only have cores/light once per week though. The big chest always carries a queen's weapon, and on your first opening per week has an exotic chance.

Loving TTK. Blasted my way through the Oryx storyline yesterday and now I've run through all of the new strikes (not NF though). I'm just working on the hundreds of side quests now and I'm absolutely loving it. They finally listened and put together a decent set of encounters which are not entirely composed of "Ride your sparrow here, shoot some bullet sponge/horde mode, scan something."

The new strikes are pretty fun... that Dark Knight one is insane.

Started leveling up my defender skill tree last night, finished striker, hoping to have 3 34s ready to go for ttk release. Also, those titan gauntlets I picked up from xur last week (can't remember their name) are killer. I've gotten several kills from the shock that is emitted when another player melees me in pvp.

Nice. ACD/0 Feedback Gauntlets.
I bought them from Xur but still haven;t levelled them up yet. Then I ended up getting another set from a drop, so I have to look at the stats and compare to pick the best set.

The Bones of Eao are pretty amazing. Almost game changing for the Gunslinger. You can glide across the PoE arenas, reloading your weapon and you hop through the air on the run from enemies, wihtou slowing down. It's a thing of beauty. Will also make cheesing the bridge easy for Hunters now for both getting up top and swording across.

Once they see what TTK has changed they'll be back. Bungie knocked this one out of the park

Damned straight!

Also, just to be a whiner, I'm not a fan of the new hunter class at all. That bow is surprisingly underwhelming, especially when compared to Arc Palpatine and Solar Thor. I just don't think Void Robin Hood comes anywhere near in comparison.

Nice. ACD/0 Feedback Gauntlets.
I bought them from Xur but still haven;t levelled them up yet. Then I ended up getting another set from a drop, so I have to look at the stats and compare to pick the best set.

The Bones of Eao are pretty amazing. Almost game changing for the Gunslinger. You can glide across the PoE arenas, reloading your weapon and you hop through the air on the run from enemies, wihtou slowing down. It's a thing of beauty. Will also make cheesing the bridge easy for Hunters now for both getting up top and swording across.

Yeah, hopefully I can pick up those boots soon for my gunslinger. They'll work with the new class also because it has a triple jump so it'll be worth grabbing.
Actually played last night with a consistent fire team with mics and what a difference it made, super enjoyable and having team work in effect really made some control matches feel different. Typically, the spawn location flips several times throughout a match, but it was nice that we'd choose our two control points early and really work together to keep the other team limited. Been playing a month and ten days or so but little by little my Destiny friends list is growing and hopefully I'll be able to do that more consistently.

Damned straight!

Also, just to be a whiner, I'm not a fan of the new hunter class at all. That bow is surprisingly underwhelming, especially when compared to Arc Palpatine and Solar Thor. I just don't think Void Robin Hood comes anywhere near in comparison.

It's surprisingly useful, though.

Yeah, hopefully I can pick up those boots soon for my gunslinger. They'll work with the new class also because it has a triple jump so it'll be worth grabbing.
Actually played last night with a consistent fire team with mics and what a difference it made, super enjoyable and having team work in effect really made some control matches feel different. Typically, the spawn location flips several times throughout a match, but it was nice that we'd choose our two control points early and really work together to keep the other team limited. Been playing a month and ten days or so but little by little my Destiny friends list is growing and hopefully I'll be able to do that more consistently.

You've just gotta get your ass online about 6:30pm pacific and you can run with some Raiders and Looters.

Finished the story with my warlock last night. Lots of fun...the taken are a welcome addition!

So i've got 3 legendary hand cannons over the past few hours and i don't know if any of them are worth keeping. Her Mercy, Red Hand IX and Ill Will. I'm not too bothered about them since i've already got Thorn and Hawkmoon

So i've got 3 legendary hand cannons over the past few hours and i don't know if any of them are worth keeping. Her Mercy, Red Hand IX and Ill Will. I'm not too bothered about them since i've already got Thorn and Hawkmoon

what Lvl are you and what where you playing?

It's surprisingly useful, though.

it really is in Pve. i can slow down waves of taken and pull out a rocket and wipe them all out quick.

in Pvp, it is good for Rift and control when the enimies gather in one spot. i got several muti kills with it last night by launching it and a grande.

i have yet to try the others sub classes, but will power up my warlock today so i can be a Sith Lord.

what Lvl are you and what where you playing?

I'm level 32 got them from Nightfall, random reward in crucible and Prison of elders lvl 32

Hawkmoon is sooooo much fun to use.
Took me a long time to get it and well worth the effort
Damn, look at you, Mr. Administrator. Anyways gotta say I'm really enjoying TTK so far, the cut scenes are much better. It did fell weird clearing out my vault, and keeping maybe 3 guns.

I'm level 32 got them from Nightfall, random reward in crucible and Prison of elders lvl 32

Thanks. Only a lvl 29 with my titian.

And can you do the PoE 32 with friend or do you have to solo it, cause I can't seem to solo it. Its too hard for me

Nightfall is interesting...

and entirely not worth it. There's no more xp boost and the rewards were not worth the effort or time. I got 11 strange coins and my friend got a 287 handcannon.

you were able to finish the nightfall? what light level were you?

11 strange coins may not sound like a lot but at this stage of the game it is. xur will be coming out with exotic shit and if you are short on coins this would be the most reliable way to get them (especially for newbies). I have 500 of them suckers and more if I need to convert to them so I ain't worried.

the 287 handcannon isn't good? legendary? well if u don't like it just infuse it with something else you like and bump that shit up instead.

Thanks. Only a lvl 29 with my titian.

And can you do the PoE 32 with friend or do you have to solo it, cause I can't seem to solo it. Its too hard for me

Supposed to be done with a team of 3. I wish they'd make matchmaking optional already for all poe, trials, and nightfalls.

I got the Hawkmoon.

Loving this expansion. No regrets. I am happily deleting my old shit that I slaved so hard to get, and in three hours I brought my hunter up to level 40, and acquired legendary chest, arms and cape. Need boots and helmet, but even teh green and blue stuff is better than the previous Legendary gear I had.

Only thing is sentiment. I kinda want to keep my Iron Banner gear, just because that is the gear that I feel I actually "earned" through grinding. I kinda want to keep my Dead Orbit gear too, because it is vanilla and wil never be available, but if it is not upgradable there is really no point.

#raidersandlooters

i am the other way. i am having a hard time deleting any of my old shit because i grinded so much on PVE. i grinded to have three of all the important year 1 weapons (one for each character) and it's been a lot of work and dedication. to toss it all away is just.. gaahhhh... it hurts. i haven't done it yet but i know i will soon...

Those captains can go fuck themselves, though.

lol no doubt. i didn't know wtf was going on at first.

so are all my exotics just shard bait now? do we still need shards? it was actually cathartic to clear out my vault. was mainly just IB weapons in there at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back