Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

Are you seriously going to tell me I haven't been mapped by a Saladin's? Good to know, I guess I imagined it all those times I've done it and had it happen to me.

OK, so you know it's pretty rare to cross-map anybody, it's not like it's a common occurrence. Outside of hand cannon range getting a kill with a fusion isn't common, though it does happen. What kind of change would you like to see made to fusion rifles which would still keep them relevant? If you drop the range they'll be back where they were for 2 years... in the gutter. The only advantage they have over a shotgun is their range, but they are absolutely disadvantaged by rate of fire, needing to lead the enemy, and super inconsistent shots.

In terms of balancing I think outside of a very few specific weapons and perks, the crucible feels pretty good. Obviously there's a significant advantage to having a high ROF pulse rifle with high caliber rounds, and a shotgun with all range perks. I love high caliber rounds in PvE, so I would hate to see them nerf those in some manner to satisfy the PvP players. So much of that has already happened... remember the god-awful nerf to Solar Titan's? They made hammers fucking useless in both PvP and PvE, but it's better now. I could see a reasonable rate-of-fire reduction for having high caliber rounds though, or a solid increase in kick and decrease in stability which makes sense.

I do think if they tinker with the high ROF pulse rifles it's going to make them useless again. I've had so many close calls with Clever Dragons while using my Cocytus, where I lose the battle but leave them with just a millimeter of health, so if they did anything to those guns I would win those fights almost every time. It is funny how pulse rifles seem to be the kings of PvP ever since year 2 hit and hand-cannons were knocked off their throne with with the bloom mechanic being added.
there's ppl bitching about bubble titans now due to the amount of orbs of light they make in pvp you add that with skating fucks in pvp pretty soon the titans will be pve only.

there's ppl bitching about bubble titans now due to the amount of orbs of light they make in pvp you add that with skating fucks in pvp pretty soon the titans will be pve only.

Damn, I haven't seen much of that. Most of the bitching I hear about Titans is those skating juggernaut Matador bastards who are almost impossible to kill. There's lots of little things that I guess could be looked at, but I still feel that balance is pretty solid overall. As I said, obviously HCR on high ROF pulse rifles needs to be tweaked a bit. I also think something has to be done about shotguns... maybe that's not a balance thing though considering that every map feels designed to ensure close quarters battle occurs more often than not.

I'm at the point now where I'm not even logging on to play anymore. Rise of Iron was a fun new adventure, the raid was decent, and The Dawning was much better than I had expected. But now we're back to where there's nothing to do outside of grind PvP and I think that's when everybody starts bitching and whining about every little thing in PvP. I don't see Crimson Days doing anything to change that staleness as it's likely going to be another week of Doubles with some shitty shell or class item to chase.

One of the developers for Bungie did make a comment this week on Twitter about Destiny 2 still looking to be released in 2017, so that's something to look forward to.

do fucktards with mics realize that ppl who join their party without a mic can still hear them? he doesn't have a mic well it's only a nightfall if it was a raid I'd boot him other guy yeah blah blah blah. I felt like teabagging their ghost when they died but kept it civil goddamn mic'd up destiny master race elitist twats.

do fucktards with mics realize that ppl who join their party without a mic can still hear them? he doesn't have a mic well it's only a nightfall if it was a raid I'd boot him other guy yeah blah blah blah. I felt like teabagging their ghost when they died but kept it civil goddamn mic'd up destiny master race elitist twats.

You post some weird shit sometimes. When I post LFG I always post "must have mic" regardless of the event because I enjoy conversing with other guardians while I play. If you join my team when I put "must have mic" and you don't have one, I'll boot you. This is why I love the100.io so much more than LFG because people are much more respectful of people's "must haves."

I have ppl invite me I never click the mic option that should let them know I don't have one I just want a nice clean run no real reason to talk. Plus for some reason I always get ppl from France, the UK, or Australia they wouldn't understand me anyways. So to dumb it down I list my guardian say send inv I get inv through party chat easier to join a group that away then run the nightfall no big deal. There is times though where for some reason ppl want to cheese shit like when ppl was farming the grasp of malok and think you need to do it this way or they'd boot you or CoE where I had to have the Helm of Saint-14 and use my bubble titan instead of using the Armamentarium and a solar titan. Its not like I am leading them on or asking for a carry just want to run the nightfall and don't wanna talk while doing it just want to get it done get pissed at the rewards and say fuck it.

Apparently the Banana is back tomorrow. No idea what game type it is, probably control?

Apparently the Banana is back tomorrow. No idea what game type it is, probably control?

Where did you get this? Nothing on Bungie.net, DestinyTheReddit, PlanetDestiny, or anywhere else that I could find. Bungie hasn't made any kind of announcement since before the holidays either. Not saying you're wrong just curious where you got the news.

Where did you get this? Nothing on Bungie.net, DestinyTheReddit, PlanetDestiny, or anywhere else that I could find. Bungie hasn't made any kind of announcement since before the holidays either. Not saying you're wrong just curious where you got the news.
Some people I was playing with were mentioning it, I don't know if they're right, but it is about that time.

Some people I was playing with were mentioning it, I don't know if they're right, but it is about that time.

I certainly wouldn't count on it. I recall Bungie saying that Iron Banner isn't something that just happens on a cycle, but that it's a physical switch that has to be turned after everything has already been setup. Considering Bungie's full crew isn't back until at least Jan 12 according to the last "This Week at Bungie" I find it pretty unlikely that they're going to just spring IB on us.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45601/7_Happy-New-Year

This week's nightfall is going to suck. It's The Wretched Eye.

Epic
Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.

Brawler
Guardian melee damage is greatly increased.

Fresh Troops
Some enemy squads have been fortified with additional reinforcements.

Match Game
Enemy shields are resistant to all unmatched Elemental Damage.

Exposure
Guardian shields are increased but do not replenish.

This week's nightfall is going to suck. It's The Wretched Eye.

Epic
Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.

Brawler
Guardian melee damage is greatly increased.

Fresh Troops
Some enemy squads have been fortified with additional reinforcements.

Match Game
Enemy shields are resistant to all unmatched Elemental Damage.

Exposure
Guardian shields are increased but do not replenish.

No burn so I think this won't be too bad. The last room only has a few ads anyway, which I recall someone on reddit mentioning that isn't effected by Fresh Troops. Same goes for Match Game as there aren't any shielded enemies in the final room either. Exposure is great for this one, especially if you time your deaths properly so that you're revived with a fresh shield right before you get the boss to half health. That way you can basically ignore the shanks and just focus on DPS'ing the boss to smithereens.

Regardless, I haven't played in a few weeks, and I'm still not interested in coming back right now. Icebreaker certainly isn't compelling enough to keep me drudging through nightfalls.

No burn so I think this won't be too bad. The last room only has a few ads anyway, which I recall someone on reddit mentioning that isn't effected by Fresh Troops. Same goes for Match Game as there aren't any shielded enemies in the final room either. Exposure is great for this one, especially if you time your deaths properly so that you're revived with a fresh shield right before you get the boss to half health. That way you can basically ignore the shanks and just focus on DPS'ing the boss to smithereens.

Regardless, I haven't played in a few weeks, and I'm still not interested in coming back right now. Icebreaker certainly isn't compelling enough to keep me drudging through nightfalls.

Thing is, I hate this strike. There's only one real hiding spot and it's a cheese spot. The fucking ogre always chases me around and tends to leave others alone. It's super annoying.

Thing is, I hate this strike. There's only one real hiding spot and it's a cheese spot. The fucking ogre always chases me around and tends to leave others alone. It's super annoying.

I hear it, not a fan of the strike at all either. The whole thing is just tedious and boring... "Ok, that's all the nodes. Wait a tick, there's more nodes. Go kill those nodes." "Now go kill a guy who somehow has an invincible orge." (yes, I know you can kill him after you kill the main boss) Regardless, still better than the updated Omnigul strike in my opinion. This nightfall could have been damned near impossible if it had Void Burn.

Fuck this strike. Not a good time at all.

Shitty story, lazy design and boring fighting in the lead up to the boss, then the boss has an incredibly overpowered void cannon, and the kicker is an invincible ogre that you can't stun and gets faster when the boss is low. All in a round, tiny room with nowhere to go.

Bungie's cheesiest, laziest design at it's absolutely fucking worst.

aren't shanks ussally sheilded in nightfalls?

aren't shanks ussally sheilded in nightfalls?

They can be, but I don't think the shanks in the final boss room in this strike are shielded during the nightfall. I could be wrong, its been a while since I've done this strike as the Nightfall.

Back