Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

Damn, it feels pretty fuckin' crisp on PC and my PC is far, far from high end.

Things I took away from this:

Fusions already getting nerfed, lol

Kinetic weapons do more damage to heads than energy weapons

Energy weapons apparently do more damage to people in their supers

Bungie done good. The feel of the PC port absolutely annihilates the consoles (and I too do not have a TOTL video card). They really should have done this on pt.1.

I think a lot of it is simply having a mouse combined with a high refresh rate. The increased res doesn't hurt either.

I drove through Oklahoma once. Never again. No, I haven't touched my PS4 in ages and I'm getting tired of shelling out $60 every year for the privilege to play online when I went months at a time not using my console.
yeah that fucking playstation plus is stupid if the game is online only you should just need an internet connection to play it.

Bungie done good. The feel of the PC port absolutely annihilates the consoles (and I too do not have a TOTL video card). They really should have done this on pt.1.

I think a lot of it is simply having a mouse combined with a high refresh rate. The increased res doesn't hurt either.
They did an awesome job, but they fucked up by leaving Aim Assist in the game for the PC version. If you use a controller on PC you get console Aim Assist, which is super fuckin' strong in Destiny, so people are just plugging their xim4s in and getting controller Aim Assist while using keyboard and mouse so people are hitting shots that they should actually be missing by a large margin.

I'm surprised by how well it runs on my pc. I only have a gtx 1050 2gb and I haven't noticed any frames drop.

Saw this on the reddit earlier

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ilers_details_on_the_first_destiny_2_dlc_via/

Kept it out of the title to avoid spoilers.

Yesterday, a source sent over some high-level details on the upcoming DLC, which is called The Curse of Osiris and scheduled to be out in December, three months after Destiny 2 launches on September 6. According to those details—which I’ve corroborated with a second source familiar with plans for Destiny 2—The Curse of Osiris will come with a patrol zone on the planet Mercury and a social space on the Lighthouse, an area that in Destiny 1 was only available to players who netted flawless records in the player vs. player gauntlet Trials of Osiris.

The DLC’s story will revolve around saving Osiris—who has been mentioned quite a bit in Destiny lore but not yet seen in the game—from the robotic alien Vex. We should hear more about it soon.
[/spolier]

Saw this on the reddit earlier

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ilers_details_on_the_first_destiny_2_dlc_via/

Kept it out of the title to avoid spoilers.

Yesterday, a source sent over some high-level details on the upcoming DLC, which is called The Curse of Osiris and scheduled to be out in December, three months after Destiny 2 launches on September 6. According to those details—which I’ve corroborated with a second source familiar with plans for Destiny 2—The Curse of Osiris will come with a patrol zone on the planet Mercury and a social space on the Lighthouse, an area that in Destiny 1 was only available to players who netted flawless records in the player vs. player gauntlet Trials of Osiris.

The DLC’s story will revolve around saving Osiris—who has been mentioned quite a bit in Destiny lore but not yet seen in the game—from the robotic alien Vex. We should hear more about it soon.
[/spolier]

so they are pretty much putting in a piece of the original story by Joe Staten as a DLC in Destiny 2 this is really starting to remind me of Jodorowsky's Dune but on the bright side I'm finally going to make it to the Lighthouse.

Datto is a fucking cunt he's already calling for Hand Cannon nerfs

Bungie set the precedent by ALREADY nerfing fusion rifles... so they know their game isn't balanced from the beginning. Even with all the bullshit changes they have made they are still having issues. I can't blame Datto... as others have stated the issues with xim4 are going to create a serious epidemic is Bungie doesn't just cancel the aim-assist on PC altogether. Apparently Overwatch had the exact same issue and they had to just get rid of aim assist on PC to balance things out.

Bungie set the precedent by ALREADY nerfing fusion rifles... so they know their game isn't balanced from the beginning. Even with all the bullshit changes they have made they are still having issues. I can't blame Datto... as others have stated the issues with xim4 are going to create a serious epidemic is Bungie doesn't just cancel the aim-assist on PC altogether. Apparently Overwatch had the exact same issue and they had to just get rid of aim assist on PC to balance things out.
I understand that I just don't want cross platforms nerfs if they are concerned about extra aim assist/aimbot type bs on the pc don't carry the shit over to the consoles. Plus that cunt already saying the range is too much on handcannons fuck him he's the dumb twat who bitched about weapon rolls with Luke Smith.

They've already nerfed Fusions? Shit, I got killed a few times from a distance that astonished me. Hand Cannons are insane on PC, there's almost no reason to use anything else. Also, I didn't try the Titan during the console beta, but holy shit are pulse grenades strong.

Preload started downloading automatically today. Yay!

I understand that I just don't want cross platforms nerfs if they are concerned about extra aim assist/aimbot type bs on the pc don't carry the shit over to the consoles. Plus that cunt already saying the range is too much on handcannons fuck him he's the dumb twat who bitched about weapon rolls with Luke Smith.

Damn buddy, take it easy. All he said was that HE (as in his personal opinion) felt that hand cannons should have a bit more "range dropoff" so they wouldn't be so damaging at such a long range. It's not like he was calling for a massive nerf of hand cannons across the board.

I have been shitting on pc kids with my elite controller lmao so easy to run circles against people using wasd.

I have been shitting on pc kids with my elite controller lmao so easy to run circles against people using wasd.
The close game is a lot easier with a controller, but you're also getting insane amounts of aim assist on everything using that controller.

The close game is a lot easier with a controller, but you're also getting insane amounts of aim assist on everything using that controller.
Just like console tbh. Using mnk is easy for aim, just not movement.

Have you tried swearing about it?

Had to switch my Battlenet account region and actually did get to play the PC beta. It's so smooooooooth. Blizzard's customer support is surprisingly great in my one instance of using them. Much, much better than Steam in that regard, lol. Was ready to hop back on board with a pre-or......

So much recycled gear....that much money behind it and that many people making the game and they bring back old exotics. Fucking weak. Two new subclasses and the rest rehashes of old ones, 5 total strikes and one we've already played, etc. It really is feeling like Destiny 1.5 with a slightly longer campaign and bigger patrol area. I know patrol is "greatly" expanded but when a Bungie dev says, "hey this is a new patrol public event!" but it's just another stand in the circle and shoot trash mobs for 60 seconds...<mma3> I'm finding it really hard to trust their word about anything.

Nah, I'm good. Path of Exile is filling my loot whore desires these days like no other game before and the economy in that game is actually brilliant as opposed to Bungie's mandatory grind of an economy. The PC version is already coming out way later so what's another 6 months to a year for a heavily discounted game with all the overpriced DLC packs included.

Damn buddy, take it easy. All he said was that HE (as in his personal opinion) felt that hand cannons should have a bit more "range dropoff" so they wouldn't be so damaging at such a long range. It's not like he was calling for a massive nerf of hand cannons across the board.

that's how it started in Destiny 1

Back