Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

This Week At Bungie came out yesterday and they have addressed some of the concerns from the Beta. They keep saying that the build we are playing is quite old, so lots of things have been updated already... including cool downs in PvE, weapon damage in PvE, and grenade damage in PvE.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46077/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--07202017

So we'll see how the game actually feels when we get it and start leveling up our characters. I'm really just not of a fan of the new weapon system and they are going to have to figure something out. Really they have just nerfed our guardians by forcing us to carry 2 primary weapons rather than a special. I totally understand this system for PvP, but not for PvE and it makes no sense.

He's a fucking twat he has no ideal what's going on in his games and lets pvp take priority over pve. Maybe it isn't him that's to blame but everyone there at bungie where they are trying to keep the pvp players happy with a balanced game but still find a way to fuck it up. I know it's just the beta but the guns feel like shit in pvp and in pve there's no ammo I don't think I've had any heavy drop for me in the strike. I did like running the strike with the void Warlock but hated it with the Titan and Hunter.

I generally don't mind Luke Smith as I like a guy who says what's on his mind. He got killed over the interview he gave a few years ago but I just took it as he was proud of the game he had made. He wasn't a PR guy and I think he talked and acted like an actual programmer, so I really don't hate the guy for the things he said. But he was lead designer for D2 so I think lots of the basic stuff, like the new weapon system, falls on him.

I generally don't mind Luke Smith as I like a guy who says what's on his mind. He got killed over the interview he gave a few years ago but I just took it as he was proud of the game he had made. He wasn't a PR guy and I think he talked and acted like an actual programmer, so I really don't hate the guy for the things he said. But he was lead designer for D2 so I think lots of the basic stuff, like the new weapon system, falls on him.
except for the fact he's a journalist who made his name off of talking about Halo then he goes and join Bungie as a fucking sellout and he acts like a programmer which he isn't. He's nothing more then a Bungie PR guy who just happen to be in control of making the game so he's going to come out and say how good it is and if the players don't think so who gives a shit he's not going to admit it he'll just blame it on having to make the deadline like in D1.

Iirc, Luke Smith also had a huge hand in designing VOG so he still has some cred with me.

So we'll see how the game actually feels when we get it and start leveling up our characters. I'm really just not of a fan of the new weapon system and they are going to have to figure something out. Really they have just nerfed our guardians by forcing us to carry 2 primary weapons rather than a special. I totally understand this system for PvP, but not for PvE and it makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense for PVP but it gimps PVE so hard. It's insane Bungie keeps sticking with balancing both modes together. Create PVP specific loadouts, go nuts with skins for PVP guns and let people customize them to make them feel like the guns are their own.

I'm not a hardcore PVP player so what do I know. I doubt I'll touch PVP at all unless a clan team needs me to fill the last spot. I don't want calm and tactical in Destiny, I want crazy movements, space magic melting people and fun guns. If I want tactics and teamwork, I'm at no loss for better PVP experiences at double the framerate.

Iirc, Luke Smith also had a huge hand in designing VOG so he still has some cred with me.

It makes perfect sense for PVP but it gimps PVE so hard. It's insane Bungie keeps sticking with balancing both modes together. Create PVP specific loadouts, go nuts with skins for PVP guns and let people customize them to make them feel like the guns are their own.

I'm not a hardcore PVP player so what do I know. I doubt I'll touch PVP at all unless a clan team needs me to fill the last spot. I don't want calm and tactical in Destiny, I want crazy movements, space magic melting people and fun guns. If I want tactics and teamwork, I'm at no loss for better PVP experiences at double the framerate.

I agree about Luke Smith... I try not to bash him as I understand that he has done some amazing things with Destiny and it's probably due to his commitment that D1 came as far as it did with the story. That being said I think he has a specific vision for the game and at times I don't agree with that vision.... the balancing problem you mentioned is one of the main reasons.

I have to give both Bungie, and Smith, props for quickly getting out ahead of the bullshit with Twitter and the TWAB. They did a good job addressing the concerns most of us are having with the Beta, but I'm still not very convinced. I thought D2 was an entirely new engine but that's not the case and it's already showing (infinite super glitches, inability to balance separately, etc). PvP was never my forte in Destiny, but over time I did get better at it and learn to enjoy it at least to some extent. I'm hoping that after some serious tweaking that might be the case for D2... I'm kind of stuck with the game as I pre-ordered (like a fool) and they won't accept refunds. haha Anyways, guess I'm just rambling now.

you didn't get the digital deluxe edition did you?

Of course I did! haha Again, I'm pretty bummed about the beta, but I'm going to let Bungie get back to work and see how the final product feels before I get too negative about it. I enjoyed the first mission, but the strike really showed how this new weapon system is handicapping our guardians. We'll see what happens in the end.

Of course I did! haha Again, I'm pretty bummed about the beta, but I'm going to let Bungie get back to work and see how the final product feels before I get too negative about it. I enjoyed the first mission, but the strike really showed how this new weapon system is handicapping our guardians. We'll see what happens in the end.
don't feel bad I bought that too plus with them say the beta is a few months old and stating most the pve issue are being dealt with or have been fixed the pve should be better I still don't like the pvp.

Best way I can describe D2 so far is....its like playing destiny 1, but with shittier movement, and it feels like your playing with rare fucking weapons.

Best way I can describe D2 so far is....its like playing destiny 1, but with shittier movement, and it feels like your playing with rare fucking weapons.
I was actually playing Destiny 1 earlier doing control and going up agianst redbar players felt like destiny 2 pvp. Especially when one of those laggy players would get into melee range and I'd hit them then they would disappear from my view then I'd find them hit them agian they'd hit me right when I hit the third blow then I'd die and a second later they would. Plus the grenades hitting them but not sticking and their sheilds not dropping until I'm dead it felt like destiny 2 control except for getting the ward of dawn three times in a single game and the grenades being there whenever I needed them.

Is PvP only 4v4 or is it just the beta

It's 4v4 suppose to make it more stable less laggy I call bs on that still gonna have lag but wait times should be lower

It's 4v4 suppose to make it more stable less laggy I call bs on that still gonna have lag but wait times should be lower

In terms of lag the beta felt amazing to me... never saw anybody glitching around or shooting through walls. Granted the beta is very small and only has a handful of people playing (in relation to the population in D1) though.

Alright, I got some time to sit down and play today and so far I really like it. I've only tried Hunter so far, but I didn't notice a big difference in the movement, I did turn my sens up by 1 after reading people saying the controls felt a bit sluggish. The time-to-kill takes a bit of a getting used to but one or two matches is enough to get used to it. There's a higher emphasis on team shots but there is still room for the hero plays if you find the right moments.

There's a higher emphasis on team shots but there is still room for the hero plays if you find the right moments.

This. You gotta stick to your teammates or you're fucked. Every time a teammate or me got separated, we'd lose the round but if we stuck together we dominated. It feels like Trials levels of intensity at all times and is a bit draining for me since I'm average at best at PVP. The objective in Countdown mode seemed kind of weird with the limited revives because it felt like we only focused on that one time and the rest was just killing the other team to win the round. Why not make it straight up death match then?

I think there's definitely room for this more hardcore style of PVP and casual 6v6 modes. Not sure why Bungie couldn't develop both styles for PVP since D2 seems like it's much more focused on that than PVE. A ranking system and private matches won't even be in the game at launch...makes me wonder just how troubled development for this was.

In terms of lag the beta felt amazing to me... never saw anybody glitching around or shooting through walls. Granted the beta is very small and only has a handful of people playing (in relation to the population in D1) though.
I ran into a couple but can't really prove it seeing how they don't show others bars.

That's troubling. The mechanics were the best thing D1 had going for it. Even when the game got super dull and repetitive, it always felt great. I'm going to wait for the PC beta to try it out for myself.

That's troubling. The mechanics were the best thing D1 had going for it. Even when the game got super dull and repetitive, it always felt great. I'm going to wait for the PC beta to try it out for myself.
the movement it just different not really bad just new but the same like boost at a different time and initial part of the jump is off and the speed is effected by what you're wearing.

So the social space, The Farm, was pretty dead. Not much going on, no NPC's, and there's not much to do. I played soccer for a few minutes and that was pretty much the highlight of the things you can do right now. There's still a lot which needed to be rendered (a fireworks show which just has a red glare, the fire has a yellow "hue" but no actual flames, etc) and it's pretty much just a large dead space. Kind of disappointing much like the rest of the beta. haha

Back