Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

I'm really curious about what the original version of Destiny looked liked and how the story unfolded because there is some really interesting stuff in the grimoire that just gets glossed over in the game. All these weapons have unique names and "lore" attached but are really nothing more than *wink wink* "look how cool this description is" throwaway lines. Looks like they're trying to address that with that lore button prompt but like everything with Bungie..we'll see.

Funny because my clan had a discussion about that article and a handful of people were upset. Most said who cares, we spent so much time in D1 because we shot a lot of shit, had a ton of laughs, raided hard and had some awesome nights of multiple pvp groups going.

one of our clan mates was all over the Destiny lore and shit and would tell us updates and stories stacked behind stories about Destiny and what the original should have been and what each monsters meant and blah blah blah. It was interesting until he started repeating his stories to others who had not heard it.

all we cared about was shitting shit in the face... and teabagging.. i heart teabagging...

All these weapons have unique names and "lore" attached but are really nothing more than *wink wink* "look how cool this description is" throwaway lines. Looks like they're trying to address that with that lore button prompt but like everything with Bungie..we'll see.
Like the history of TLW vs Thorn would've been nice to see some of it explained in the game.

Since it's almost time to say goodbye to this flawed, but endearing, game, what's everyone's favourite memory from the game?

Since it's almost time to say goodbye to this flawed, but endearing, game, what's everyone's favourite memory from the game?
Wiping over and over while trying to get the grenades right to toss Atheon off the side of his platform

Wiping over and over while trying to get the grenades right to toss Atheon off the side of his platform
Wonder why I didn't get an alert for this. But that's a good one. I only did that once, I remember doing it at the Templar a bunch though.

getting the pre nerfed Y1 Hawkmoon after doing my first PoE. After month of running Nightfalls, doing PvP, grinding away in Strikes, and just pretty much anything I could as a solo player and never seeing Xur having it getting it from the Queen's chest was a fuck yeah moment.

My favourite memory from Destiny is the first time I got two of my friends flawless or the first time in year one.

For the first one, we'd been trying for quite a while with no success so we decided that it was going to be our last card. We proceed to lose the very first game of the card but just kept going to see if we could still get it. We manage to get to Lighthouse game and go down 4-0, but we had our supers so we proceeded to make a comeback and get it to 4-4. Final round, my friend has Nova Bomb and we knew one of the enemies has Golden Gun, we hear the Golden Gun pop so we try to spread out but me and one other friend get killed while my other friend Nova Bombs the Golden Gun. He gets my revive, but gets stuck with a grenade in the process. I stick the first person I see with a tripmine(when that was still a thing, damn you Bungo...) which kills him and turn shoot the other guy with The Last Word and he goes down, thinking we've won I don't bother going to get a revive or reload my Last Word, which was at 4 bullets, but the guy get his Self-Res from the orbs the Golden Gun created, so he revives himself and I managed to hit three headshots and I finished him off with a body shot with the final round in the gun to get the flawless. They were hyped as fuck.

getting the pre nerfed Y1 Hawkmoon after doing my first PoE. After month of running Nightfalls, doing PvP, grinding away in Strikes, and just pretty much anything I could as a solo player and never seeing Xur having it getting it from the Queen's chest was a fuck yeah moment.
Nice. I still remember getting my first one from a Nightfall. It was the Valus Ta'aurc strike and I ended up getting two of them from running my three Nightfalls that week.

Several

You carrying me during a raid, and getting Mythoclast, Suros and Fatebringer. I learned a lot from you in this game, and Mass Effect 3, so I really appreciate it.

Getting Ghorn before others due to stupid RNG. Finally getting Icebreaker after everyone else.

Learning the builds and how each tree really influenced the other. It peaked with the perpetual warlock grenade for me, and that's probably one of the most powerful builds out there.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to playing D2 with you and everyone else. I totally enjoyed the group aspect of this, and while I didn't have nearly enough time to play this game even when it came out, I should have a lot more time for D2.

Finally getting to the Lighthouse.

Only a Y2 player here, but I started playing trials almost every week. Completely sucked at it. I was getting randoms of destinylfg, and with no mic, going in and just getting my ass beat over and over again. Finally found a random group of guys that I started playing on the regular. I finally made it the first week of Y3. Never had a moment like that before.

My favourite memory from Destiny is the first time I got two of my friends flawless or the first time in year one.

Pretty sure flawless/lighthouse was a Y2 event. My ass got carried once to the lighthouse and then never again. I was more of a PvE player anyways...

Pretty sure flawless/lighthouse was a Y2 event. My ass got carried once to the lighthouse and then never again. I was more of a PvE player anyways...
Trials of Osiris started during House of Wolves, I wanna say it was May 2015.

Trials of Osiris started during House of Wolves, I wanna say it was May 2015.

wow. my memory is shot apparently. house of wolves was year 1???? I coulda sworn that was a year 2 DLC!...

was it that long ago!??? :/

wow. my memory is shot apparently. house of wolves was year 1???? I coulda sworn that was a year 2 DLC!...

It was indeed that long ago, just a testament to the long content dearths we've had to endure

Several

You carrying me during a raid, and getting Mythoclast, Suros and Fatebringer. I learned a lot from you in this game, and Mass Effect 3, so I really appreciate it.

Getting Ghorn before others due to stupid RNG. Finally getting Icebreaker after everyone else.

Learning the builds and how each tree really influenced the other. It peaked with the perpetual warlock grenade for me, and that's probably one of the most powerful builds out there.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to playing D2 with you and everyone else. I totally enjoyed the group aspect of this, and while I didn't have nearly enough time to play this game even when it came out, I should have a lot more time for D2.
There were some fun raids during that time. You didn't learn anything about Mass Effect from me, I've never played those games lol.

I should have added meeting people to game with. I never played a shooter on console online before Destiny so when I started I had no one to play with but after a while I met some people to play with and I now consider some of them to be really good friends.

Only a Y2 player here, but I started playing trials almost every week. Completely sucked at it. I was getting randoms of destinylfg, and with no mic, going in and just getting my ass beat over and over again. Finally found a random group of guys that I started playing on the regular. I finally made it the first week of Y3. Never had a moment like that before.
I imagine that a lot of peoples would be like yours or their first Vault of Glass completion. Using lfg for trials sounds like a bad time.

I've never been I swore off trials after a little kid got pissed at me when I used my super in the heavy ammo round which resulted in a broken headset. I watched streamer do carrys and they make it look easy maybe in D2 they'll rework it so you don't go up agian PvP pros.

Funny how that works HoW does seem like year 2. With all the grinding to get to lvl 30 before the dark below came out then all the gringing to get to lvl 32 then once HoW hit grinding to get to 34 and all the different stuff you needed to upgrade.

Hadronic Essence
Sapphire Wire
Plasteel Plating
Ascendant Shards
Ascendant Energys
Radiant Shards
Radiant Energys
Armor Cores
Weapon Cores
Etheric Light

The guys who came into game in during TTK missed all that grinding they made upgrading your gear way too easy once TTK came out. Then the light level 1for1 so 400 lvl drops would upgrade your 340 light lvl stuff to 400 instead of like 377 really made it too easy hopefully grinding will be harder agian in D2.

There were some fun raids during that time. You didn't learn anything about Mass Effect from me, I've never played those games lol.

ah shoot man, I thought it was you playing ME3. In any case, meeting new friends and having a blast playing with each other is always a highlight for me.

I really hope whoever at bungie thought it was a good ideal to have laggy players who use the nightstalker with shade step and the NLB catch nut cancer

My second VOG raid. I ran it the first time with a group who specifically carried people and talked us through the mechanics. They made it look so easy and I was really hooked on Destiny raids after that. Cut to the next weekend and I was primed and ready to go for another raid so I went to Bungie.net and looked for a cool, somewhat casual group. Found a bunch of guys running it for the first time and thought to myself, "Hey, I can pay it forward and give some tips to these guys." Oh no. I should have taken notes during the initial run because I was overwhelmed again with all the different mechanics and where people should be.

We didn't do too bad with the Templar and it probably took us a few hours to get past him. But, we were all joking, laughing and apologizing for our mistakes which were immediately followed up with, "ah no worries man, we're all having fun." We get through the Templar and the Gorgon maze took us another hour. We were trying to hit all the chests and finally got through. We're at about five and a half hours right now so we decided to take a short break to grab a quick bite, smoke, take a shit, etc. We reconvene and one guy had to end up dropping out so back to lfg. We get another player in and he's an inexperienced player as well but very chill. We get to Atheon and can't do shit. We're messing up left and right and I had forgotten all that I had learned from that first raid. One guy starts arguing with his wife because she's pissed he's still playing the game, lol. He said, "don't mind her. We're going to finish this boys."

Yet another person had to go because we'd been at it for a good 7 hours or so at that point. We're feeling kind of defeated at that point and morale is low until we get a new player to join. It was this squeaky voiced teenager who grilled us about what we had been doing, corrected our mistakes in a very constructive manner and he turned out to be a life saver. We cleared Atheon on the very next attempt.

So, I salute you, young man whoever you may be.

so now you need to join up on the DestinyLFG.com to list yourself no more just listing your PSN account name and destiny stats fucking stupid.

Back