Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

Another Hand Cannon nerf incoming. Fuckin' feels bad man.

@GSP4tw , Yep, range is getting nerfed again. I can see why though as hand cannons were super dominant in PvP again.

Here's a good video talking about the information from todays stream and all of the changes. He did forget to mention that vendors will reset weekly, so that means each week we'll see new rolls on vendor weapons and armor, so that's actually pretty exciting.

@GSP4tw , Yep, range is getting nerfed again. I can see why though as hand cannons were super dominant in PvP again.

Here's a good video talking about the information from todays stream and all of the changes. He did forget to mention that vendors will reset weekly, so that means each week we'll see new rolls on vendor weapons and armor, so that's actually pretty exciting.

As I said, feels fuckin' bad man. I've pretty much exclusively used hand cannons since this game came out (the only time I took a break was early year two when I used a Hawksaw.)

That change you mentioned should have been in the game since the beginning.

As I said, feels fuckin' bad man. I've pretty much exclusively used hand cannons since this game came out (the only time I took a break was early year two when I used a Hawksaw.)

That change you mentioned should have been in the game since the beginning.

I think the Vendor Reset is perfect for now, but I can see where giving people so many awesome weapons with constant re-rolls would be a problem. But now that the game is basically just going "Mayhem Mode" we may as well have as much fun as possible. The hand cannon range thing is tough, but hopefully they altered the way the bloom effect works a bit. I wouldn't mind damage falloff happening sooner if the bullets still hit their targets.

Why? Was a developer crying about getting killed by Hand Cannons too?

I think it's pretty obvious they are modifying PvP to cater directly, and specifically, to Trials of Osiris. So if anything is too good for Trials then it's going to get modified.

https://destinytrialsreport.com/
Looks like last week hand cannons accounted for ~42% of all primary weapon kills. Sidearms accounted for 50% of all special weapon kills, and now they are being modified to only allow you to keep your current magazine after death, rather than all of your reserve ammo as well.

So yeah, Trials is what matters to them right now, and pretty much nothing else.

So whiney cunts are getting them nerfed again due to fucking pvp so even more bs in pve. There's no fucking reason another fucking range nerf should be put on them due to fucking fucks using them as the new "meta" in pvp. What would have been so fucking hard about just removing stupid ghost bullets instead of giving them "yr1" accuracy while nerfing the range then renerfing once whiney cunts couldn't use the old meta.

Why? Was a developer crying about getting killed by Hand Cannons too?
Someone must have been bitchin' about 'em for there to be another range nerf. I'd rather they give me my range back but I get ghosts again and I've posted about my disdain for ghost bullets. My best Handcannon has been useless since the last tweaks because it doesn't have rifled or range finder.
I think it's pretty obvious they are modifying PvP to cater directly, and specifically, to Trials of Osiris. So if anything is too good for Trials then it's going to get modified.

https://destinytrialsreport.com/
Looks like last week hand cannons accounted for ~42% of all primary weapon kills. Sidearms accounted for 50% of all special weapon kills, and now they are being modified to only allow you to keep your current magazine after death, rather than all of your reserve ammo as well.

So yeah, Trials is what matters to them right now, and pretty much nothing else.
Pretty much every nerf that has hit this game has been a result of Trials. They've been catering to it since it dropped.

So whiney cunts are getting them nerfed again due to fucking pvp so even more bs in pve. There's no fucking reason another fucking range nerf should be put on them due to fucking fucks using them as the new "meta" in pvp. What would have been so fucking hard about just removing stupid ghost bullets instead of giving them "yr1" accuracy while nerfing the range then renerfing once whiney cunts couldn't use the old meta.

Don't hold back man, quit being so timid and tell us how you really feel about this hand cannon range nerf!

Don't hold back man, quit being so timid and tell us how you really feel about this hand cannon range nerf!
Don't worry young grasshopper your sarcasm isn't wasted on me. You got the numbers for the clever dragon and grasp of malok pre high caliber nerf because I'd really like to see those vs the eyasluna and palindrome. Guns like the yr3 devil you know and her revenge are already garbage due the base range they come with and even with rifled barrel and rangefinder can barely match a base palindrome or eyasluna range so yeah it's fucking retarded for another range nerf due to a couple pvp hand cannons.

3m range drop off isnt shit to worry about tbh
you a pvp guy or pve? Was you around during yr1 doing pvp before the auto rifle nerf? They are boosting auto rifle range that nerf is going to put you right into auto rifle range

Don't worry young grasshopper your sarcasm isn't wasted on me. You got the numbers for the clever dragon and grasp of malok pre high caliber nerf because I'd really like to see those vs the eyasluna and palindrome. Guns like the yr3 devil you know and her revenge are already garbage due the base range they come with and even with rifled barrel and rangefinder can barely match a base palindrome or eyasluna range so yeah it's fucking retarded for another range nerf due to a couple pvp hand cannons.

At this point nerfing anything feels pretty silly. It's kind of a shit show when about 6-8 weeks ago they restore the range to hand cannons, and now they're already going ahead and pulling it back. It's not a huge nerf, but again, it's going to make rifled barrel / range finder pretty much necessary perks for a reliable PvP weapon. That's really limiting their usability and it's just not very fun.

If anything this hurts PvE and is going to dull the excitement for the return of Fatebringer. Oh well, it's pretty obvious that Trials is the only thing that matters at this point. I can see why though as this game is dead... their "hail mary" to keep us busy until Destiny 2 is to let us earn the same shit we used to have before they took it from us. And they're allowing us to redo the same raids we've been doing for 2+ years already because they made them irrelevant all this time. And we're not even getting the weapons back the same way we had them as they're now going to take an exotic slot. I'm speaking about raid weapons... should have mentioned that already.

I'm just not very psyched about this... I was hoping it would get me fired up and amped to start playing again, but I really don't feel that way at all. Just seems like going through the motions to fill slots in a logbook.

yeah I'm not sure how much longer I'll play this I was never into doing raids to begin with so this update isn't doing much for me outside of the weekly story missions, new CoE, nightfall xp bonus, and weekly vendors reset. I might do the Vault of Glass and Crota's End raids for the Titan and Warlock armour but the other two I'll avoid it's just the whole catering to the pvp mainly trails players pisses me off. I've used HC as my main weapon from the get go in pvp and pve but since this last patch I can't remember the last time I've used a HC in strikes just scout rifles with explosive rounds and crowd control now they're cutting the range agian.

So apparently they're announcing Destiny 2 today and from an Italian poster it seems the release date is September 6 with a beta in June.

I loved my fatebringer, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend time farming one up with hand cannons as gutterfucked as they are.

you a pvp guy or pve? Was you around during yr1 doing pvp before the auto rifle nerf? They are boosting auto rifle range that nerf is going to put you right into auto rifle range
I only play pvp and trials. Ill still 3 tap people fine. Still better than AR because i can cover an shoot rather than have to hold a line of sight. Just gotta make sjre you use your guns in their intended ranges

Last edited:
I only play pvp and trials. Ill still 3 tap people fine. Still better than AR because i can cover an shoot rather than have to hold a line of sight. Just gotta make sjre you use your guns in their intended ranges
I don't do trials or to much pvp so you saying it isn't a big deal aren't getting why I'm getting pissed. Go try some strikes while using just a handcannon to see how much that range and dmg falloff actually effects them in pve.

I don't do trials or to much pvp so you saying it isn't a big deal aren't getting why I'm getting pissed. Go try some strikes while using just a handcannon to see how much that range and dmg falloff actually effects them in pve.

This is the inherent problem with Destiny. I have to say that I do understand their point of view for designing the game this way... no matter where you go or what activity you do, your weapons will feel and perform in the exact same manner.

That's all fine and dandy until you start nerfing every weapon to cater specifically to the Trials and PvP crowd. Then PvE just gets hit so many times over the years... I will still never forgive them for giving us the Sunbreaker, and then absolutely neutering their capabilities because of PvP. Bladedancer has felt the PvP nerfing wrath as well.

Guess we'll have to see how they choose to handle this issue in Destiny 2.

maybe in destiny 2 it will be all melee based or maybe they'll figure out how to nerf shit in pvp without fucking up the pve extra work yeah but screw it's worth it.

Back