Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

Sounds like some good updates coming our way soon. I'm probably going to be putting down Destiny for a while....finally got my BBQ food truck business up and running, so back to "the real world" of having a job and stuff.

Didn't read your location correctly and thought you were in Jacksonville FL. I fly there for work from time to time so I would have stopped by to check your food truck. Love food truck food. Lived off it during college days. If I am ever in Jacksonville NC I'll look you up.

Good luck in your business venture!

Sounds like some good updates coming our way soon. I'm probably going to be putting down Destiny for a while....finally got my BBQ food truck business up and running, so back to "the real world" of having a job and stuff.

Nice, man. Good luck.

I need a new PC game to play, I spent the last 5 months deep in Path of Exile and need something different.

I've been watching Destiny 1 / 2 from afar. I thought my rural DSL would be too slow to play it, but I hopped on Counter Strike the other day and it was fine ~30 ping, other than 1 nasty lag spike in an hour.

Is it a good time for a new player, any tips? I'm very well seasoned for FPS and RPG games. Also, when buying what version do I actually purchase, Base game + expansion pass bundle for $60? They don't offer much explanation on the battle net site.

thanks

I need a new PC game to play, I spent the last 5 months deep in Path of Exile and need something different.

I've been watching Destiny 1 / 2 from afar. I thought my rural DSL would be too slow to play it, but I hopped on Counter Strike the other day and it was fine ~30 ping, other than 1 nasty lag spike in an hour.

Is it a good time for a new player, any tips? I'm very well seasoned for FPS and RPG games. Also, when buying what version do I actually purchase, Base game + expansion pass bundle for $60? They don't offer much explanation on the battle net site.

thanks
If you decide to buy the game you'll want to get the game+both dlcs. I say that because you'll need both dlcs so that you can buy the next dlc that comes out in September, which will * potentially * make the game a lot better than it currently is. I don't know if they'll do some different release at a later date where you can get everything with a single purchase.

To get the most out of Destiny you'll either need to be willing to use lfg sites or know people that play the game. Most of the end game shit you'll want/need people to do it with. If you're more into pvp you'll still want to group with people because people hold each others pockets and lane on every map.

If you decide to buy the game you'll want to get the game+both dlcs. I say that because you'll need both dlcs so that you can buy the next dlc that comes out in September, which will * potentially * make the game a lot better than it currently is. I don't know if they'll do some different release at a later date where you can get everything with a single purchase.

To get the most out of Destiny you'll either need to be willing to use lfg sites or know people that play the game. Most of the end game shit you'll want/need people to do it with. If you're more into pvp you'll still want to group with people because people hold each others pockets and lane on every map.
Hmm, this is useful info... I like to play rogue usually & play when I want and stop when I want. Maybe not the game for me if that is going to hurt me and/or make me not want to play end game after I'm invested.

thanks

Hmm, this is useful info... I like to play rogue usually & play when I want and stop when I want. Maybe not the game for me if that is going to hurt me and/or make me not want to play end game after I'm invested.

thanks
Well you can get away with rolling solo in pvp, but if you want to do the 'competitive' play list it's usually people that 4 stack with friends and Trials is the same.

thanks
I've been playing solo since the first game the only thing you need a fireteam for is the raids & competitive PvP everything else can be played as a solo player. Most the things has in game match making except for trials, raids, and nightfalls so nothing that should turn you away from running solo.

Fucking love food trucks and there are some great BBQ ones here in Milwaukee. Good luck, buddy.

Didn't read your location correctly and thought you were in Jacksonville FL. I fly there for work from time to time so I would have stopped by to check your food truck. Love food truck food. Lived off it during college days. If I am ever in Jacksonville NC I'll look you up.

Good luck in your business venture!

Nice, man. Good luck.

Thanks everybody! First two days have gone well.

Looks like a ton of new grindy stuff to do in Destiny...have fun everybody.

World’s first for the new raid lair happened. Apparently 7 teams finished within 5 mins of each other.

I want that sweet business catalyst but i cant bring myself to grind 50 ranks for a faction anymore

got the catalyst for the Sturm to drop and unlucked it and it's range and handling almost gets maxed out I don't know about using it in PvP but in PvE with the Drang it's nice.

I want that sweet business catalyst but i cant bring myself to grind 50 ranks for a faction anymore

I got it last faction rally and it's not worth the effort in my opinion. You're not missing on anything so don't worry about grinding...Bungie has said that the catalysts which are currently locked behind faction rallies will be available elsewhere in the future.

Can't remember if its been posted or not but Nolan North is voicing Cayde in Forsaken not Nathan Fillion.

I have never gotten a catalyst to drop. Lol

I think Heroic Strikes and Nightfall and Crucible are where they have a highest chance of dropping. Some are specifically only strikes/nightfall and others are crucible. I vaguely recall maybe getting them to drop in public events but I am not sure...

6v6 quickplay is really nice. having fun again playing solo

I think Heroic Strikes and Nightfall and Crucible are where they have a highest chance of dropping. Some are specifically only strikes/nightfall and others are crucible. I vaguely recall maybe getting them to drop in public events but I am not sure...
I got the Sturm and borealis drop in normal strikes during a faction rally never had any in heroic strikes yet.

6v6 quickplay is really nice. having fun again playing solo
It's crazy that adding two more people per team gave people the confidence to try and play in a more solo way instead of laning and holding each others pockets. It's a massive improvement. I've only played like 3 or 4 games since the change went live but there's so many more 1v1 gun fights that the game is actually fun.

I got Borealis and Sturm catalysts to drop. Borealis is easy, just shoot things with each damage style.

Not looking forward to getting 500 kills with Sturm and 500 kills with Drang.

Back