Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

Honestly I think it's an even slower grind than anything in D1. I found 500 to be the soft cap.

D1 at launch was much, much worse. At least here you can see some progress with the much large light level even if it's in much smaller increments. I stalled out during the first month of D1 because I couldn't get any decent drops and iirc, getting the currency for vendor purchases was a nightmare. After a month of casual play, I got a purple engram drop and nearly shit my pants.

It decrypted to a blue item which led to me immediately uninstalling the game and not returning until a few weeks after Crota launched.

D1 at launch was much, much worse. At least here you can see some progress with the much large light level even if it's in much smaller increments. I stalled out during the first month of D1 because I couldn't get any decent drops and iirc, getting the currency for vendor purchases was a nightmare. After a month of casual play, I got a purple engram drop and nearly shit my pants.

It decrypted to a blue item which led to me immediately uninstalling the game and not returning until a few weeks after Crota launched.
that's what the loot cave was for luckly I was able to get about a week of prime loot cave farming in before they patched it. Still Master Rahool was a complete cunt when it came to his backwards engram decoding before the first real quality of life update. Getting the ascendant energy to upgrade the last dmg tier on weapons though was bs for ppl not running the raid.

The damage output of Blade Barrage is a tad ridiculous.

Also that Equinox map is atrociously bad from a balance stand point.

Last edited:
The damage output of Blade Barrage is a tad ridiculous.

They better not nerf it. Blade Barrage has been clutch for me in Gambit matches, especially when the Malfeasance boss popped up and we were at a game a piece. It's also netted me a few triple kills in PVP. Gonna be a long time until I can tackle that quest, lol.

The grind is getting to me a bit. I'm around mid 520s so would I be okay running around the Dreaming City? I'm bored of the Heroic stories and daily activities to get powerful engrams, but at least the story missions are easy enough to run past most of the encounters I've already done a bunch of times. Blind Well sounds really fun and I loved the Forge in WoTM with the number of enemies and chaining supers with randoms. So much fun back then.

They better not nerf it. Blade Barrage has been clutch for me in Gambit matches, especially when the Malfeasance boss popped up and we were at a game a piece. It's also netted me a few triple kills in PVP. Gonna be a long time until I can tackle that quest, lol.

The grind is getting to me a bit. I'm around mid 520s so would I be okay running around the Dreaming City? I'm bored of the Heroic stories and daily activities to get powerful engrams, but at least the story missions are easy enough to run past most of the encounters I've already done a bunch of times. Blind Well sounds really fun and I loved the Forge in WoTM with the number of enemies and chaining supers with randoms. So much fun back then.

Yeah the grind is getting to me as well but I have a thing about getting to max level. Once I am there I will focus on specific quest weapons and raids.

Gambit is not a good fit for me apparently. Probably just me being a can. We will have a primevil and will be fucking that shit up, and they get one a bit later and 2 seconds later we already lost. I am bumfest.

Would be cool to get a poll to see which class people prefer.

Gambit is not a good fit for me apparently. Probably just me being a can. We will have a primevil and will be fucking that shit up, and they get one a bit later and 2 seconds later we already lost. I am bumfest.
gambit is a real cunt game mode there's no heavy so you're stuck using weakass guns and supers to kill the final boss. It seems like most the teams I play on pulls ours first but it doesn't matter because the other team will just invades and heals it until they got theirs and then they just melt it. Then there's stupid shit like taken goblins giving the primeval a shield and teammates being too stupid to kill the goblins. Or them wasting their supers and heavy on the primeval before the wizards are killed. They are releasing an update on the 16th that should fix some of the stupid shit like ammo for the sleeper and scout rifles being garbage against PvE adds.

There's a kind of rubber banding mechanic, not sure exactly how it works, and I've definitely lost despite us getting a primeval first and the opposing team just absolutely melts theirs in what seems like 5-10 seconds. I'm also not a fan of how often it seems like the opposing team can invade us after we've summoned the primeval. Feels like every time an invasion is over, another one starts right away. Could also be a full fireteam chaining invasions and mote drops.

Personally, I like it a lot but it can be a real struggle sometimes when you're solo queuing. I was playing solo last night and my team and I made a great comeback in the opening round. Full auto, boss spec mod shotgun ftw. Next round kicks off and it's really close again. I head to the other side of the map for the new spawn, Titan smash a ton of enemies and pick up 15 motes but get tagged by that electro Scorn mutant. I look around to see where my teammates are and one guy was invading while the other two are still in the middle. I respawn, run to the middle and one guy is in his inventory and the other guy is just standing around. :mad: I finished all my Gambit bounties in the previous round so I left the game and switched to my second character to work on getting through the campaign. I also get a little salty when my teammates don't have shotguns or something to melt the blockers.

I'd love to grind for the Luna's Howl or the Broadsword but all the Crucible modes get really dull for me. It probably doesn't help I'm an average to below average pvp player. QP is Clash and Control and I hate 4v4 so I never touch Competitive. The modes in that sound really dull. They really need to add more modes for QP at least to lend some variety to that playlist. Just throw in Mayhem and/or Supremacy. I'll be happy if I never play Zone Control ever again. Not sure why QP feels it necessary to match my all random team versus a full or 4/6 full fireteam with two of those players using Luna's Howl. I just need to git gud I guess.

gambit is a real cunt game mode there's no heavy so you're stuck using weakass guns and supers to kill the final boss. It seems like most the teams I play on pulls ours first but it doesn't matter because the other team will just invades and heals it until they got theirs and then they just melt it. Then there's stupid shit like taken goblins giving the primeval a shield and teammates being too stupid to kill the goblins. Or them wasting their supers and heavy on the primeval before the wizards are killed. They are releasing an update on the 16th that should fix some of the stupid shit like ammo for the sleeper and scout rifles being garbage against PvE adds.

There is plenty of heavy if you gear up and keep an eye for it actually. Generally as soon as i wipe out the first area of ads I run to the middle area and snipe the next area while I wait for the dispenser to drop a heavy brick. I always keep an eye out for it. Wearing gear with options to drop heavy Ammo helps a bit too.

When the primeval drops I target all the shit ads first then work on the 2 witches. Switch to void energy to break witch shield then finish them off. Then you can target the primeval with heavy and supers. I am generally full heavy most of the time unless I invade but I usually have 8-10 shots of sleeper left for primeval. Halfway through primeval health I pop my super and go ham. Time it after the invader comes over unless health is much lower.

Strat is generally great for solo play. If your team is trash nothing u can do about it. If a random pops their super as soon as primeval drops then it’s almost always wasted.

The update for the sleeper Ammo is good. Sleeper is overpowering already and there’s too much ammo.

There's a kind of rubber banding mechanic, not sure exactly how it works, and I've definitely lost despite us getting a primeval first and the opposing team just absolutely melts theirs in what seems like 5-10 seconds. I'm also not a fan of how often it seems like the opposing team can invade us after we've summoned the primeval. Feels like every time an invasion is over, another one starts right away. Could also be a full fireteam chaining invasions and mote drops.

Personally, I like it a lot but it can be a real struggle sometimes when you're solo queuing. I was playing solo last night and my team and I made a great comeback in the opening round. Full auto, boss spec mod shotgun ftw. Next round kicks off and it's really close again. I head to the other side of the map for the new spawn, Titan smash a ton of enemies and pick up 15 motes but get tagged by that electro Scorn mutant. I look around to see where my teammates are and one guy was invading while the other two are still in the middle. I respawn, run to the middle and one guy is in his inventory and the other guy is just standing around. :mad: I finished all my Gambit bounties in the previous round so I left the game and switched to my second character to work on getting through the campaign. I also get a little salty when my teammates don't have shotguns or something to melt the blockers.

I'd love to grind for the Luna's Howl or the Broadsword but all the Crucible modes get really dull for me. It probably doesn't help I'm an average to below average pvp player. QP is Clash and Control and I hate 4v4 so I never touch Competitive. The modes in that sound really dull. They really need to add more modes for QP at least to lend some variety to that playlist. Just throw in Mayhem and/or Supremacy. I'll be happy if I never play Zone Control ever again. Not sure why QP feels it necessary to match my all random team versus a full or 4/6 full fireteam with two of those players using Luna's Howl. I just need to git gud I guess.
I'm sure more ppl will use shotguns if ammo dropped more or they was worth using on the boss luckly I got the parcel of stardust to drop early on so I just have that in the top slot. I'm really hoping the scout rifle buff is worth it in the next update so I can stop having to use bows. It just seems most the solo players go in there just to fill bounties or weekly/daily challenges and not to win. I have no ideal how much times I've played where the mote bank was at 65-70 and and player was holding enough to pull a primeval but they was too busy doing other shit.

There is plenty of heavy if you gear up and keep an eye for it actually. Generally as soon as i wipe out the first area of ads I run to the middle area and snipe the next area while I wait for the dispenser to drop a heavy brick. I always keep an eye out for it. Wearing gear with options to drop heavy Ammo helps a bit too.

When the primeval drops I target all the shit ads first then work on the 2 witches. Switch to void energy to break witch shield then finish them off. Then you can target the primeval with heavy and supers. I am generally full heavy most of the time unless I invade but I usually have 8-10 shots of sleeper left for primeval. Halfway through primeval health I pop my super and go ham. Time it after the invader comes over unless health is much lower.

Strat is generally great for solo play. If your team is trash nothing u can do about it. If a random pops their super as soon as primeval drops then it’s almost always wasted.

The update for the sleeper Ammo is good. Sleeper is overpowering already and there’s too much ammo.
the sleeper is way too op there's no reason it should out do every other heavy in that game mode I got the gambit rocket launcher with cluster bombs and tracking thinking it would free up that slot so I could use another exotic somewhere else but nope it's garbage. I just got the crooked fang with box breathing I might try that out but as of now no reason to not use the sleeper.

the sleeper is way too op there's no reason it should out do every other heavy in that game mode I got the gambit rocket launcher with cluster bombs and tracking thinking it would free up that slot so I could use another exotic somewhere else but nope it's garbage. I just got the crooked fang with box breathing I might try that out but as of now no reason to not use the sleeper.

Oh I agree. Didn’t really use sleeper till most recently with gambit but now I can’t stop using it cause it just wrecks everything. Decrease the ammo to 2 makes sense. I generally don’t care too much for winning when playing solo. Still play to win but don’t stress over it cause I cant control the quality of my teammates. I’ve had plenty of comebacks and teams coming back in us. I like the wildness of it actually..

gambit just pisses me off in my first 11 matches I won ten of them with the only loss was coming from joining a team that was short handed and already being down one round. Since then though it's win one lose one typical solo player bs I swore I'd stop playing once I got the ace of spades but those damn gambit weapons are too good so I've just been chasing those but my rng has been shit.

I always solo queue and just lose all of them even when I play well. Fml. I’m not great, but not lose them all kind of shitty.

gambit just pisses me off in my first 11 matches I won ten of them with the only loss was coming from joining a team that was short handed and already being down one round. Since then though it's win one lose one typical solo player bs I swore I'd stop playing once I got the ace of spades but those damn gambit weapons are too good so I've just been chasing those but my rng has been shit.

I find that if I don’t pick up any motes and let my teammates pick them up there’s a greater chance of success. It’s only when I have to run specific bounties to pick up motes is when I go out of my way of grabbing them.

I wonder who it was who thought it was a good ideal to give out shit armour and reworked yr1 shit weapons +90% of the time instead decent gear when getting prime engrams or completing powerful reward bounties. Or even the blind well not giving you shit for tier 3 & 4 completions. Plus the new rewards in PvP being shit where most the time you get 1 or 2 tokens + a blue item. Then there's the strikes being complete garbage so everything is pushing you to do the stupid ass raid or a game mode that they seem to think is a good replacement for not having an endgame outside team required activities.

With the Primeevil you have to play smart. Boop it with the tractor cannon, DOT void grenades, Tethers, Void shotguns, etc. The Colony is a Godsend for invading and healing the enemy primeevil too. I think Gambit is a lot of fun, but I will admit that it is a game mode that has come the closest to seeing me twist a controller into two pieces....

I find that if I don’t pick up any motes and let my teammates pick them up there’s a greater chance of success. It’s only when I have to run specific bounties to pick up motes is when I go out of my way of grabbing them.
I think I'm getting an ulcer from this shit I was pushing hard today to fill this weeks powerful reward bounty that requires you to bank motes. In the last game I banked 107 and all that work was for nothing due to ppl not playing right and the other team invading all the time. I've tried just killing adds and letting other players collect the motes but most the time they don't bank them often enough. I just bank them anytime I run by the bank thing where most ppl seem to wait until they got 5,10, or 15. It's just annoying seeing ppl with over 10 not banking them because they are trying for a large blocker and then get killed by an add or an invader.

lol Tru3f4n, over the years of playing Destiny you've been here in these threads from the start, and playing Destiny just as long as I have. I still can't think of a time when you were actually happy with the game or said anything good about it; yet here you are, constantly playing it.

The new raid is so sweet. Fun. Challenging. Exciting. Action packed. Team oriented. It's awesome.

The Powerful engram drops are shit and the grind is slow, but if you are steady with your grind you will get to a higher light level. I'm up to 564 now and I have learned not to give a shit about my armour sets. None of it matches, which drives me nuts, but I literally just equip the highest piece of gear I have and be done with it. The only time I will infuse something is if we're going into the raid and I have a piece of gear that is lowering my light level to the point that it makes me ineffective, such as my Orpheus Rig.

The only pieces that I really spend masterwork cores on at this point is the pants, the Legend of Acreus, The Colony and the Whisper. Other than that, I am just running whatever makes my light the highest.

I heard a rumour that they are going to nerf the infusion costs. Certainly no soon enough IMO. The infusion costs are ridiculously high, as are the Mod costs. Once they nerf those costs I think it will help balance the game out overall.

Back