Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

Has anyone else gotten the "Hazard of the Cast" auto rifle yet?
It is an absolute BEAST in Iron Banner. Keep your eyes peeled for it. I love it.
I can't access my Instagram because I am at work but I posted a pic there. It's a great gun, take a look:
www.instagram.com/stabbymchatchet

Man some of the impressions in here have me hyped and wanting to jump back in but the price of admission is a huge turn-off. Decisions, decisions...

Has anyone else gotten the "Hazard of the Cast" auto rifle yet?
It is an absolute BEAST in Iron Banner. Keep your eyes peeled for it. I love it.
I can't access my Instagram because I am at work but I posted a pic there. It's a great gun, take a look:
www.instagram.com/stabbymchatchet
I got one finishing a powerfully engram bounty it came with triple tap and grave robber the other one I have has D2's version of glass half full and grave robber. I'm not really a fan of grave robber in PvP I've been killed by it a few times though just mine has meh rolls.

so what is it they reset twice weekly? Flashpoint no... PvP no... Strikes no... Gambit no... Heroic missions no... Clan no... Dreaming City no...

Man some of the impressions in here have me hyped and wanting to jump back in but the price of admission is a huge turn-off. Decisions, decisions...
Kind of where I'm at too, especially after how crappy Osiris was. The petty side of me just doesn't want to give Bungie any more money.

Finally putting some time into this. Started gambit last night. Having some fun with it. It is a cool idea.

Kind of where I'm at too, especially after how crappy Osiris was. The petty side of me just doesn't want to give Bungie any more money.
CoO was most likely cut content from the base game like the Dark Below in D1 the Warmind too most likely. This dlc feels like the Taken King in terms of content but this story is more enjoyable and along with the updated sandbox actually makes D2 feel like a legit sequel instead of a unfinished casualized PoS that it was for damn near all of year 1.

so what is it they reset twice weekly? Flashpoint no... PvP no... Strikes no... Gambit no... Heroic missions no... Clan no... Dreaming City no...

Weeklies are reset every week. Dailies reset every 4 days I think...

Weeklies are reset every week. Dailies reset every 4 days I think...
just the way the devs talked it sounded like everything but the raid was going to be reset 2x every week but it's just those single play things I wonder what the light lvl cap is on those powerful engrams.

just the way the devs talked it sounded like everything but the raid was going to be reset 2x every week but it's just those single play things I wonder what the light lvl cap is on those powerful engrams.

Tier 1; lowest. Do them if you have gaps to fill if possible.

gambit is starting to feel like supremacy kill the bad guys go to pick up motes and can't teammate runs by and gets them all.

Holy crap, the new raid is tough. I went in last night massively underpowered at 520LL and was more of a detriment to the team than anything else, other than my Tether being useful.

We beat the first boss on the second try, but the next section with the floating plate puzzles was tough as nails. After spending some time figuring out the mechanics and the required communication, we were able to make it through the first puzzle, and get to the second one, but we just couldn't get past that second one. All in all there was progress made though. The boss has 6 health bars and we were able to deplete four of them, so that felt like progress.

This is definitely a case where my light level was a huge contributor to how much of a disadvantage I was at. My team mates were all upwards of 560 LL and they were getting about 50-60 kills while I was lucky to get 5-10 kills.
It's fun, it's hard, and it's fresh. Very bright and colorful too, with all the shit going on. Looking forward to mastering this raid once I grind up my LL.

Holy crap, the new raid is tough. I went in last night massively underpowered at 520LL and was more of a detriment to the team than anything else, other than my Tether being useful.

We beat the first boss on the second try, but the next section with the floating plate puzzles was tough as nails. After spending some time figuring out the mechanics and the required communication, we were able to make it through the first puzzle, and get to the second one, but we just couldn't get past that second one. All in all there was progress made though. The boss has 6 health bars and we were able to deplete four of them, so that felt like progress.

This is definitely a case where my light level was a huge contributor to how much of a disadvantage I was at. My team mates were all upwards of 560 LL and they were getting about 50-60 kills while I was lucky to get 5-10 kills.
It's fun, it's hard, and it's fresh. Very bright and colorful too, with all the shit going on. Looking forward to mastering this raid once I grind up my LL.

Cool!

We also finished the first part of the raid although it took us an hour. No one had done it yet but 5 had seen the raid and I had never seen anything. It took a while to get it and the explanation I got wasn’t real good but I eventually figured it all out.

Last edited:
I didn't do any homework on this raid either, as usual. I went in blind and depending on my Clan Mates to explain it all to me. I don't know if that's fair or not, but that's how I've done every raid. I don't have time to sit around and watch YouTube videos on it, but I know we have some members that can, so I typically let them do the homework and then piggyback off them.

holyshit they lied big time about the lord of wolves range it has to be close to some of those single slug ranges minus the need to hit a crit. I tried the chaperone a few times but that is a more skilled based gun and without a crit that follow up shot is too slow plus in the IB the lvl gaps came into play too. I decided to try it with my hunter to fill a clan bounty for 10 solar kills and I don't think I switch from it on smaller maps.

The gambit scout distant relation is pretty legit. Got it with full auto trigger and moving target.

The gambit scout distant relation is pretty legit. Got it with full auto trigger and moving target.
I just got one with triple tap and openning shot which seems better then the one I got with triple tap and explosive payload. I think I'll hold off on using it in PvP until I get a target adjuster mod or counter balance mod just so I can get the crits easier. I really want to use the one with explosive payload for PvE but the scouts still suck in PvE.

I've got one with Ambitious Assassin and Full Auto. I haven't used it much.

My favorite loadout right now (for PvP and PvE both) is dual auto rifles; the Hazard of the Cast (Gambit Kinetic) and the Age-old bond (Raid Energy AR).

I hit up the IB last night in a attempt to fill some of the bounties in order to get the armour set. I haven't played much and haven't had time, but by the time I filled three of them and cashed in some engrams, I walked away with the full set for my Hunter. I still need to generate a 63 orbs and I still need 17 precision Headshots, but I think I have the rest beat. Not that I am worried about it now that I have the gear, but there might be some hidden reward for completing them all that may get revealed later on in the future.

Back