Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

My verdict is in and so far it's very good stuff; that being said, I am playing as a Hunter right now and they are the masterclass, so...
The new Super ability for Void is dope. It's basically bladedancer with void blades and invisibility.

The bow is non-stop fun with awesome snap-on-target crit-shot aim assist. You can cock the bow and triple jump and hipfire with it, and the reticle is a small circle which makes shooting it very consistent. I think they'll be nerfing it before long.

I am pissed right off at them for implementing the infusion requirements though. I had a stack of legendary shards and mastercores, and after screwing up once, I now have nothing. I used it all up on infusing gear without noticing the actual material costs.

WORD OF ADVICE: Just wear the blue armour until you hit max light, then infuse the gear you want to prioritize. Not noly does it cost glimmer and shards to infuse gear, but also costs mastercores and planetary mats. The infusion system is legit bullshit and I am sure these guys will change it in the future because Reddit will have a temper tantrum the way things are now.

This game is fun again. The new freeroam area is fun and the enemies are well designed and unique. I'm glad I bought it.

Does the game change if you don’t buy the Forsaken dlc? I just got the game like two days ago (because it’s temporarily free) and I wanted to play through the main campaign before I make any decisions about getting any of the dlc.

Yeah it does I have not gotten Forsaken and the other updates are in effect. The game seems fun again which is great the changes they made along with my absence for a few months have helped.

I like those Baron hunts. Those fucks are gonna get it. All of them.

The Bow is such a fantastic addition to this game. I was hyped when I saw it in the trailers, but now that I have had a chance to use it: BOOM!

I saved a few Gunsmith parts up over the last while, probably about 2000 parts. Leveled up to about 440LL, then just before bed I cashed in a bunch of Gunparts and Crucible tokens, and by the time I was done equipping everything I was 495LL.

I also masterworked my kinetic bow and got a Void Bow to drop so yeah I'm pretty stoked for sure.

I started running my Warlock through the story as well. It goes by SO MUCH EASIER when you have a fireteam and don't solo it.

I like those Baron hunts. Those fucks are gonna get it. All of them.

Very impressed with the baron hunts. They pulled out all the tricks in their books for these hunts and each of them are different and cool in their own ways.

The grind is real and thoughtfully crafted. Last DLC I was able to be max level for all my characters in less than 2-3 weeks. This time around some serious work needs to be done to get there. I am liking it a lot. Too bad I don't have as much time to grind but I am going to appreciate this way more. Still upset that I haven't scored a single new exotic yet but that's making thirsty for them even more...

Also I think you're best to grind your LL up using all the shitty blue armour and weapons until you hit a LL that you want to be at, AND THEN go and turn in your tokens. For example when I turned in some tokens, I forgot to mention that I also turned in Calus tokens with the sweeperbot. They were dropping at 475 for a while, then they started dropping at 495 after a while. If I wasn't so impatient, I should have waited until I was LL 550 or so, then started turning them in on the quest to hit 600LL.

Very impressed with the baron hunts. They pulled out all the tricks in their books for these hunts and each of them are different and cool in their own ways.

The grind is real and thoughtfully crafted. Last DLC I was able to be max level for all my characters in less than 2-3 weeks. This time around some serious work needs to be done to get there. I am liking it a lot. Too bad I don't have as much time to grind but I am going to appreciate this way more. Still upset that I haven't scored a single new exotic yet but that's making thirsty for them even more...
Yeah man, the Baron hunts were fucking cool and unique. It was so weird to be in an Oryx-type environment but be fighting a Baron.

I haven't gotten an exotic yet either, but RNGeezus, if you're listening, give me an exotic Bow!

I started running my Warlock through the story as well.

That's one aspect about Destiny that I always HATED and still do. I like running a char through the story, but not all of them. But I'm one of those OCD guys who hates seeing flashing markers in his directory haha. I think they should keep it in definitely for people who want to run the story with all three characters, but give us options. Diablo for instance, you can start a new char in either story or 'adventure mode'. It would be so much better if Destiny did something similar imo.

That's one aspect about Destiny that I always HATED and still do. I like running a char through the story, but not all of them. But I'm one of those OCD guys who hates seeing flashing markers in his directory haha. I think they should keep it in definitely for people who want to run the story with all three characters, but give us options. Diablo for instance, you can start a new char in either story or 'adventure mode'. It would be so much better if Destiny did something similar imo.

If you are talking about Diablo 3 that was much later after multiple upgrades and seasons in the book. I do agree that I wouldn't mind seeing an option to skip the story after you've done it once but this story is pretty good so I don't mind running it again on my other toons.

This might be a dumb-dumb question, but:

Does anyone know where the seasonal reward loot for the vendors are? Meaning, for the Vanguard, Crucible, and Gambit NPC's, I only see one weapon each under their seasonal rewards. Where are the rest? Specifically, Luna's Howl (the reward for this season's competitive play mode).

Yeah I was wondering that too. They must be planning on patching in the seasonal gear drops. I know that one of my clan mates made a comment in our clan chat that the optimacy gear looks amazing, but when I went over to Ikora to look at her rewards there was nothing showing up there. Maybe I need to do more shit to unlock that stuff but I have finished the Campaign on my Hunter so I figured I'd be done.

I've asked him where he saw it and I'll let you know @Darkballs but that guy lives in Australia so he's on a differnet time schedule than us.

Played a few Forsaken missions and was rewarded with the Lord of Wolves exotic shotgun. Thing seems like it will be a beast in pvp.

WORD OF ADVICE: Just wear the blue armour until you hit max light, then infuse the gear you want to prioritize. Not noly does it cost glimmer and shards to infuse gear, but also costs mastercores and planetary mats. The infusion system is legit bullshit and I am sure these guys will change it in the future because Reddit will have a temper tantrum the way things are now.

This game is fun again. The new freeroam area is fun and the enemies are well designed and unique. I'm glad I bought it.
Before the dlc came out I grinded the shit out of strikes and pvp trying to load up on shards and masterwork cores but not doing raids or trials I got hosed on the masterwork cores I only had around 90. At first whan I saw infusion my gear to higher light took masterwork cores I was pissed but it's not a big deal now at lvl 500 but lvl 600 is going to be a pain. I was planning on ranking up in pve and pvp would give out shards like pre dlc but they don't but overall not that much of a hassle I'm liking this grindiness of the game now.

This might be a dumb-dumb question, but:

Does anyone know where the seasonal reward loot for the vendors are? Meaning, for the Vanguard, Crucible, and Gambit NPC's, I only see one weapon each under their seasonal rewards. Where are the rest? Specifically, Luna's Howl (the reward for this season's competitive play mode).
maybe it's hidden and will be given out once you reset your glory rank.

Yeah man, the Baron hunts were fucking cool and unique. It was so weird to be in an Oryx-type environment but be fighting a Baron.

I haven't gotten an exotic yet either, but RNGeezus, if you're listening, give me an exotic Bow!
I haven't got any exotics at all but did get the Duke MK.44 and was like wtf after 5 years it's in the game.

maybe it's hidden and will be given out once you reset your glory rank.

Just found that it's actually a quest Shax gives you when you first talk to him, although you might need to complete one Crucible match first.

Doesn't work the same as last season with Redrix. Just a straight up grind. Can't find the thread on reddit someone made (yes, people have already gotten it), but the steps were something like:

-Complete 10 Competitive matches
-Get 150 Handcannon kills in Competitive
-Get 2100 points (same as you had to do for Redrix) in Glory/Competitive
-Get 100 precision Handcannon kills in Competitive.

That's a lot of work, but the reviews make it seem like one of the best PVP AND PVE weapons around.

If you are talking about Diablo 3 that was much later after multiple upgrades and seasons in the book. I do agree that I wouldn't mind seeing an option to skip the story after you've done it once but this story is pretty good so I don't mind running it again on my other toons.

Oh yes the story is very enjoyable so far. Some of those boss fights are pretty intense as well if you're solo'ing the campaign as I am. It's nothing TOO crazy but I like the bump in challenge and different mechanics, it's not just this whack-a-mole shooting gallery all the time anymore.

I'm a big fan of the new Gambit mode as well. It's fun, tense, doesn't take ages and players of all kind of skill can contribute. Seems like a winner so far.

Back