Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't get on at all last night, which was a total bummer. What hunter helmet are you guys talking about?

I've been smoking a brisket all night long so I've been grinding out some D2 for shits and giggles. Got the Polaris Lance and the Catalyst for it, and also finished up the Catalyst for Sunshot. That Sunshot Catalyst is a hell of a grind... by the time I finished it I had 3345 kills with the Sunshot since I Masterworked the weapon and started working on the Catalyst. Unreal how long that took...finally broke down and started spamming the Escalation Protocol on the southern end of Mars.

Ran some Iron Banner and it was OK, lost most of my games but had fun knocking out the Milestones. I've got all my characters at or above 370 so I'm now working on completing Escalation Protocol. Me and a bunch of randoms got to round 4 and that was my first time ever actually beating round 2, so that was kind of cool.
3345 kills I thought the graviton lance was bad I had to grind EP to finish it but while doing so unlocked the next step for the polaris lance. I don't see why that ep part was at 3/5 steps 4 & 5 was a cake walk compared to the 3rd one.

I've been smoking a brisket all night long so I've been grinding out some D2 for shits and giggles. Got the Polaris Lance and the Catalyst for it, and also finished up the Catalyst for Sunshot. That Sunshot Catalyst is a hell of a grind... by the time I finished it I had 3345 kills with the Sunshot since I Masterworked the weapon and started working on the Catalyst. Unreal how long that took...finally broke down and started spamming the Escalation Protocol on the southern end of Mars.

Ran some Iron Banner and it was OK, lost most of my games but had fun knocking out the Milestones. I've got all my characters at or above 370 so I'm now working on completing Escalation Protocol. Me and a bunch of randoms got to round 4 and that was my first time ever actually beating round 2, so that was kind of cool.

sweet...

I am up to level 360s and just randomly doing stuff. being doing mostly solo stuff but with the app update its easy to look for a nightfall or raid squad now.

I was trying to complete some other task and ran into a group that had just started escalation protocol so I decided to help out. we made it and beat level 4 (which completely surprised me cause I never went past level 3) but for some odd reason, the group just disbanded after that. no one started the next encounter.... I was like "wha!?"... oh well...

I've never beaten level three, but my guy is only about 355 and I haven't had the fortune of banding together with higher light level players yet.

I've never beaten level three, but my guy is only about 355 and I haven't had the fortune of banding together with higher light level players yet.

yah just ignore it till later.. I think I am barely strong enough to help out but who knows how strong it is at higher level..

back in the day I would do research on how to do these things. now I am just playing along and whatever... people tell me shit during the game and I am like "WHAT!?! you can do THAT!?"...

last week nightfall we destroyed that boss with DARCI sniper rifle in less than a minute. 90% of its health was gone in 20 seconds.. And that was with me not realize what I was doing...lol

I got the jade rabbit and the colony catalyst to drop in back to back IB matches shit rng then wtf rng I was hoping the get the vigilance wing in the 3rd match but got my as kicked instead.

yah just ignore it till later.. I think I am barely strong enough to help out but who knows how strong it is at higher level..

back in the day I would do research on how to do these things. now I am just playing along and whatever... people tell me shit during the game and I am like "WHAT!?! you can do THAT!?"...

last week nightfall we destroyed that boss with DARCI sniper rifle in less than a minute. 90% of its health was gone in 20 seconds.. And that was with me not realize what I was doing...lol
they was showing ppl farming the D.F.A in this weeks nightfall beating the boss in less then 10 seconds

I got the jade rabbit and the colony catalyst to drop in back to back IB matches shit rng then wtf rng I was hoping the get the vigilance wing in the 3rd match but got my as kicked instead.

I scored it VW catalyst last night. then saw how many fuckin' kills I needed to unlock and I was like "pfffff... yeah okay... fuck this bullshit.."

I scored it VW catalyst last night. then saw how many fuckin' kills I needed to unlock and I was like "pfffff... yeah okay... fuck this bullshit.."
is it kills in pvp? with the jade rabbit you need like 250 headshot kills in pvp and 150rpm scout rifles are garbage in this game.

is it kills in pvp? with the jade rabbit you need like 250 headshot kills in pvp and 150rpm scout rifles are garbage in this game.

same. 250 kills in pvp - i think it was headshot too but i might be mistaken.. but still a shit ton.. i ain't grinding pvp that... if i get there eventually through casual playing great.. but i am not aiming for it.

same. 250 kills in pvp - i think it was headshot too but i might be mistaken.. but still a shit ton.. i ain't grinding pvp that... if i get there eventually through casual playing great.. but i am not aiming for it.

Yeah, 250 headshot kills for a weapon you don't like? Get the fuck out of here Bungie...what a god damned joke. I have no issue with a grind but that kind of shit is just silly. That Sunshot catalyst really was a chore and now I'm working on the Polaris Lance catalyst but it's not working as intended. The perk for the weapon is if you get 4 consecutive headshots (not kills) it loads a solar round. The catalyst asks you to kill 50 enemies with that solar round, but it creates an explosion like Sunshot and also has a solar burn. So if you kill the enemy with the explosion it won't count, and it will only count if you kill the enemies with the burn. Fucking stupid!

Yeah, 250 headshot kills for a weapon you don't like? Get the fuck out of here Bungie...what a god damned joke. I have no issue with a grind but that kind of shit is just silly. That Sunshot catalyst really was a chore and now I'm working on the Polaris Lance catalyst but it's not working as intended. The perk for the weapon is if you get 4 consecutive headshots (not kills) it loads a solar round. The catalyst asks you to kill 50 enemies with that solar round, but it creates an explosion like Sunshot and also has a solar burn. So if you kill the enemy with the explosion it won't count, and it will only count if you kill the enemies with the burn. Fucking stupid!
I loved the Jade Rabbit in D1 but they nerfed it so much in D2 it's not the same gun. All the catalyst does is raise the stability which might be ok in PvE but in PvP it's useless. 150rpm scout rifles still need 4 crits so in most cases the 180-200rpm scout rifles are going to out do the and have a better ttk. Now they have a few pulse rifles that are out doing them at scout rifle range. As for the polaris try the cabal the legionary takes the 5th shot to the head without dying from the explosion but die from burn dmg.

I loved the Jade Rabbit in D1 but they nerfed it so much in D2 it's not the same gun. All the catalyst does is raise the stability which might be ok in PvE but in PvP it's useless. 150rpm scout rifles still need 4 crits so in most cases the 180-200rpm scout rifles are going to out do the and have a better ttk. Now they have a few pulse rifles that are out doing them at scout rifle range. As for the polaris try the cabal the legionary takes the 5th shot to the head without dying from the explosion but die from burn dmg.

Agreed, scout rifles are in a poor place compared to everything else. In PvE I don't think it's an issue but in PvP scouts just aren't as good as pulses. Graviton Lance is insane in PvP and there are no maps where the line of sight is really "out of range" for a pulse. I've rocked Nameless Midnight pretty much since the first couple of days, but with the way that Graviton Lance and Vigilance Wing have been buffed it just can't compete anymore. It does sound like with the new weapon system everything is going to get a shake up so we'll see what happens with Forsaken.

As for Polaris Lance I looked up a few videos and everybody is doing as you suggested, so good call.

@Tru3f4an the Jade rabbit is a KILLER in the crucible dude.

Yeah but only :eek::eek::eek:s use pulse rifles.
that made me laugh I really wish they would buff scout rifles or atleast have a sharper dmg falloff for pulse rifles. I think the second rnd of the burst from the graviton lance has zero dmg falloff. these maps are to mushed up to find decent scout rifle lanes like you had at bannerfall, shores of time, blind watch, memento, or pantheon in D1. Even on maps like the endless vale, the fortress, and vostok scout rifles are fucked due to them putting stupid shit in the way.

that made me laugh I really wish they would buff scout rifles or atleast have a sharper dmg falloff for pulse rifles. I think the second rnd of the burst from the graviton lance has zero dmg falloff. these maps are to mushed up to find decent scout rifle lanes like you had at bannerfall, shores of time, blind watch, memento, or pantheon in D1. Even on maps like the endless vale, the fortress, and vostok scout rifles are fucked due to them putting stupid shit in the way.

Yeah, this is what I was getting at with not enough range for damage falloff to matter on pulses. Graviton Lance's second does indeed not suffer from damage falloff and it's a super powerful shot. I used Sunshot and the Seaons 2 IB auto rifle for most of my Iron Banner plays this week and did fairly well. Sunshot, even with the completed catalyst, still suffers from a ton of bloom and ghost bullets...very frustrating where I'm in very close quarters and am still doing zero damage because I'm somehow missing shots. Eventually I went back to Graviton Lance and started doing much better. That gun can cross map pretty easily on every map, and it does more damage at those long ranges than any scout rifle.

Ynow I'm working on the Polaris Lance catalyst but it's not working as intended. The perk for the weapon is if you get 4 consecutive headshots (not kills) it loads a solar round. The catalyst asks you to kill 50 enemies with that solar round, but it creates an explosion like Sunshot and also has a solar burn. So if you kill the enemy with the explosion it won't count, and it will only count if you kill the enemies with the burn. Fucking stupid!

Solo into Leviathan and start the first encounter. Head back to entrance steps. Get precision shots until you hear the que for the solar round and headshot one (healthy) cabal. That will make sure you get credit for the damage tick off. Since there's unlimmitted enemies (and therefore ammo) the whole thing can be cranked out in 30 minutes.

Still, boring, and the grind for these needs to be taken down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back