Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by StabbyMcHatchet, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usmctanker242

usmctanker242 Red Belt

FINALLY got to rank 50 with FWC last night and got the catalyst for Sunshot. I played for about an hour afterwards using Sunshot only and got to only 9% of the "Sunburst Kills." Holy shit that's going to take some serious grinding...you really have to find groups of adds who are very close and very weak to get those types of kills. Either way I still love Sunshot and it's fun to have both Firefly and Explosive Rounds at the same time.

I also finally got around to doing some of those Curse of Osiris "Heroic Adventures" for the powerful engram and got my first Forge Weapon... it was the scout rifle and I absolutely love it! It feels really good and reminds me of the Cocytus from D1.

I'm pretty burned out after grinding for Rank 50 though...I did it all solo so that takes some extra time. I'm still not sure why the faction vendors give out anything besides faction gear though... kind of shitty to get 2 full sets of non-faction gear before a full set of faction gear.

GSP in 2006 and Scuba like this.
  2. Cozytoesflava

Cozytoesflava Silver Belt

A lot of the reviews said guys had like 300 hours in and still had like 25% of the shit they wanted. That does sound like a grind. Sheesh. The gameplay is a lot of fun, but I really don't see myself playing enough to really progress that far.

StabbyMcHatchet likes this.
  3. Cozytoesflava

I only got to like level 6. LOL

4. usmctanker242

usmctanker242 Red Belt

I totally understand... I'm kind of burned out after grinding this week. I only played a couple hours a day, and not even every day, but it was a monotonous grind that just wasn't very fun. The "Renown" mechanic I actually enjoyed and hope they use something similar to it in the future with different modifiers to make it more interesting. Just the thought of doing all this shit over again for the Graviton Lance catalyst next month is pretty daunting and I'm not sure I'm going to be interested.

5. tru3f4n

tru3f4n Red Belt

they sell alot of the stuff too like different warframes and weapons or you can just grind for them and hope the rng is good.

6. Cozytoesflava

I really just pop it on and run a few pvp matches every day or so. I'll run enough to get enough tokens to cash in once or twice and shut it off.

Still haven't done the COO campaign and haven't done the Warmind yet.

usmctanker242 likes this.
  7. tru3f4n

tru3f4n Red Belt

wait until you have to get the graviton lance cosmology kills

GSP in 2006 likes this.
  8. Cozytoesflava

I really don't see myself paying for the stuff. I guess I can't complain with a free game, but I always thought it was bullshit having the microtransactions and buying incomplete games and having to buy shit. Tiger Woods, for example, would sell a $60 game and you'd have to pay a total of another $60 for the rest of the courses. Ridiculous. I know there are people that would spend their money for a pantsuit or some other bullshit for the golfer that didn't do anything except make your golfer look a bit different.

9. usmctanker242

usmctanker242 Red Belt

I saw a great trick for this.... manually set the date on your console to one day backwards, load into Mars, and you'll have the entire instance to yourself. Go to the south (bottom) of the map, near where you spawn, and start Escalation Protocol. The first round is a ton of thralls so jump over them all a few times to get them to all group up and then unload with Graviton Lance. One kill should get you ~20 of the "cosmology kills."

Edit :

Another great way where you don't have to set the date on your console is as follows :

"Do the Hephaestus adventure on Mars. Get to the end where you're defending the terminal. If you do this you'll more clearly what I'm talking about. It's a darkness zone, so once you get the percentage to ~95%, kill yourself with rockets. During the whole encounter it's just constant thrall spawning. Completed the Cosmology kills in a night."

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    StabbyMcHatchet likes this.
  10. tru3f4n

tru3f4n Red Belt

I'm doing the hephaestus method but when you're -360 your LL is still too low to get the kills to add up half the kills are just still just normal kills so you only get 2-3% per wipe.

11. tru3f4n

tru3f4n Red Belt

you can still grind for the stuff it just takes longer pretty much everything they have for sell you can get just by playing the game it just takes time. Plus the Prime gear is pretty much going from a legendary to exotic in destiny so more then just cosmetic stuff.

12. Scuba

Scuba Brown Belt

13. StabbyMcHatchet

StabbyMcHatchet Add StabbyMcHatchet on Youtube Facebook & Twitter

I actually don't like the grind but I'm not going to complain because I will sound like a self-entitled crybaby. But truly I can't be bothered. I find the whole "Reknown" thing a total pain in the ass and if you're on when your friends aren't around soloing these lost sectors is a slow, laborious affair. On the bright side if you do it with five reknown you get 40 toekns but still, I just don't see myself going through that for 1000 tokens.

14. usmctanker242

usmctanker242 Red Belt

Hmmm...E3 trailer for D2 : Forsaken

Looks like you were right....ghost is killed and then Cayde.

Edit: looks like I'm late to the party, but I can't believe they're going this route.

15. usmctanker242

usmctanker242 Red Belt

40!? I got 10...what were you doing that gave you 40 tokens for a lost sector?

16. SaiWa

SaiWa Brown Belt

26 total per attempts (includes getting the 5 stacks) at most assuming he has the full set of the faction gear equipped... he's probably talking about that daily event that gives u bonus faction points.

17. SaiWa

SaiWa Brown Belt

hmmm that Hephaestus adventure sounds like the easiest..

I ran the escalation protocol at the bottom of the map (the middle one). use hunter and shadow shot. what I do is I kill all the thralls with sunshot then once you clear them the other ads start piling up at the bottom. I weaken most of them (1-2 shots - around half health or a bit more).. once there's 10 of them or so I shadow shot the group and blow them all up with sunshot. sometimes when other peeps join in and fuck up my groove I fast travel to the top of the map and start the escalation point on the right side (walking out of the building where the Asian guardian is standing). after the thralls all die, you can hide back in the main building, at the stairs, and shoot to weaken before sunshooting the whole gang...

I scored 100% last night.. that wasn't such a terrible grind.

gun is awesome... it's pretty badass in PVP if you stick with the group..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  18. StabbyMcHatchet

StabbyMcHatchet Add StabbyMcHatchet on Youtube Facebook & Twitter

Hm. Coulda been a flashpoint or something and I didn't notice. Or maybe I'm just plain wrong but I thought I remembered seeing 40 pop up.

I do wear the full DO set from last season, not sure if that helps.

usmctanker242 likes this.
  19. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

He's literally the only character most people give a shit about.

tru3f4n and usmctanker242 like this.
  20. SaiWa

SaiWa Brown Belt

Agreed. Certainly hope he's not dead for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.