Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left-coast mentality. Everyone wins! They tried to make everyone happy and equal, participation trophies at its finest. Fuck all that shit, they need to clean house and get a lot of those shit heads out.
I don't think bungie ever intended to turn their player base into a bunch of elitist pricks that the good majority of the D1 player base turned into so they tried a new approach in D2. I can see their point somewhat it was annoying as fuck not getting in the Crota hard raid because you're stuck below lvl 33 and didn't have the gjallarhorn or not getting into trials because your K/D was below 1.5 and you didn't have the eye of osiris emblem. With the way they made D2 though that is beyond the point they completely nerfed their whole game for no reason other then wanting to make it easier for new players that have most likely left already. Now they are trying to bring back their core base to a game that was built for casuals by implementing shit that should've been in there from the start.

I'm at a point where I doubt I'd even buy it.

I wouldn't pre-order it, but I would certainly not shut myself off to it. As frustrating as D2 has been / will continue to be, D1 was an amazing game in a fun world with satisfying gun-play and space wizardry. I don't know... tough to just walk away and never give it a 2nd thought.

It's still crazy to me that they released a sequel with far less customisation, if anything i was excited about a sequel because i thought they would expand on everything not streamline and dumb everything down.

D3 will need to have glowing reviews and be out for at least a month before i will even consider buying it.

It's still crazy to me that they released a sequel with far less customisation, if anything i was excited about a sequel because i thought they would expand on everything not streamline and dumb everything down.

D3 will need to have glowing reviews and be out for at least a month before i will even consider buying it.
Yeah, we can't trust intial reviews on a game like this. In most of the reviews I can remember, they weren't even thru the campaign before they wrote the reviews. Most of the big issues with the game, aren't as noticeable that early.

Yeah, we can't trust intial reviews on a game like this. In most of the reviews I can remember, they weren't even thru the campaign before they wrote the reviews. Most of the big issues with the game, aren't as noticeable that early.

True, to be honest i would probably wait a couple of months. D2 is one of my biggest disappointments in gaming, not getting stung like that again.

I'm at a point where I doubt I'd even buy it.

Yeah, fuck that. I already paid Bungie $150 or so for D1 and the DLC yet they still messed up D2 after allllllllllll the good improvements they made over the 2-3 years, things they learned, the scant amount of community feedback they actually listened to, etc. It really is a shame because I had a blast playing with clanmates but I think just about everyone quit and I doubt even half of us would even consider buying D3.

It's the worst sequel I've ever played by a very, very wide margin.

True, to be honest i would probably wait a couple of months. D2 is one of my biggest disappointments in gaming, not getting stung like that again.

For me the biggest disappointment goes back to KOTOR 2 and Jade Empire or Mass Effect 4.

For me the biggest disappointment goes back to KOTOR 2 and Jade Empire or Mass Effect 4.

KOTOR 2 was a good game but it had too much ripped out due to time constraints. If you play on PC you can download the "Restored Content Mod" for free. This mod has a lot of small stuff that fixes a lot of plot holes that just kind of ended for no reason, and it also fixes a couple bugs. On top of that you get the level where you have to fight the assassin robots the entire way through (ripped out of the original release) and shut down the factory.

KOTOR 2 was a good game but it had too much ripped out due to time constraints. If you play on PC you can download the "Restored Content Mod" for free. This mod has a lot of small stuff that fixes a lot of plot holes that just kind of ended for no reason, and it also fixes a couple bugs. On top of that you get the level where you have to fight the assassin robots the entire way through (ripped out of the original release) and shut down the factory.

Original KOTOR was the best though, and KOTOR didn't live up to the hype at all.

Hey All,

In case anybody gives a flying fuck at all, the "Go Faster" update is launching today after the maintenance period. The list of changes is quite large so I'm just going to add a link, but it looks like PvE damage across the board is increasing by about 15%. Some strange decisions though... explosive rounds now have reduced damage from the explosion, but they have more damage from direct impacts. What's the fucking point of explosive rounds then?

• Explosive Rounds
    • Decreased PvE Explosive Rounds damage multiplier by 15%
    • Increased PvE damage for the base weapons to compensate for this decrease

Anyways, here's the link for the patch notes for those interested.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46708

Just played rumble, the update is ass. This wont bring back any players that left, the time to kill hasn't changed at all. Needs to be brought back to the .8 ttk destiny 1 had, not the 1.2 ttk we currently have. shit is dumb

Hey All,

In case anybody gives a flying fuck at all, the "Go Faster" update is launching today after the maintenance period. The list of changes is quite large so I'm just going to add a link, but it looks like PvE damage across the board is increasing by about 15%. Some strange decisions though... explosive rounds now have reduced damage from the explosion, but they have more damage from direct impacts. What's the fucking point of explosive rounds then?

• Explosive Rounds
    • Decreased PvE Explosive Rounds damage multiplier by 15%
    • Increased PvE damage for the base weapons to compensate for this decrease

Anyways, here's the link for the patch notes for those interested.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46708
they're trying to get ppl to use something other then better devils and nameless midnight in pve

Just played rumble, the update is ass. This wont bring back any players that left, the time to kill hasn't changed at all. Needs to be brought back to the .8 ttk destiny 1 had, not the 1.2 ttk we currently have. shit is dumb
how's the movement though?

how's the movement though?
slightly faster, doesn't really help out anything honestly. still takes the same amount of time to kill bosses/people. one thing i do like is the arcstrider super speed being increased..thats about it. the game is 99.99% the exact same pre-patch. rumble is decent because of no team shotting, but if you were hoping to relive the fast paced/ruthless pvp destiny 1 had this isnt it.

slightly faster, doesn't really help out anything honestly. still takes the same amount of time to kill bosses/people. one thing i do like is the arcstrider super speed being increased..thats about it. the game is 99.99% the exact same pre-patch. rumble is decent because of no team shotting, but if you were hoping to relive the fast paced/ruthless pvp destiny 1 had this isnt it.

Did you try Dawnblade?

Did you try Dawnblade?

I haven't yet but I've been watching true vanguard play around with it, i do like the arcstrider change a lot. I dont have a warlock on PC at the moment but I do on console but I refuse to hit console again until handcannons feels good. I like the overall speed increase but I wish theyd make primaries more deadly along with it. I want to be able to get those multikills quick and fast with melee + primary weapon without having to rely on power ammo.

I haven't yet but I've been watching true vanguard play around with it, i do like the arcstrider change a lot. I dont have a warlock on PC at the moment but I do on console but I refuse to hit console again until handcannons feels good. I like the overall speed increase but I wish theyd make primaries more deadly along with it. I want to be able to get those multikills quick and fast with melee + primary weapon without having to rely on power ammo.

I haven't played yet but they did say they were really trying to make handcannons much better on console (and PC with a controller). The update notes list the following for handcannon changes :
  • Increased PvE damage for all Hand Cannons by 15%
    • Precision Hand Cannons deal 0.15x more precision damage, increasing from 1.5x to 1.6x (+6.6%)
  • Increased hip fire accuracy when using controllers on console and PC by 33%
  • Increased ADS accuracy when using controllers on console and PC by 25%
From some Reddit questions that were answered by Bungie they also said these buffs to accuracy apply to "in air" accuracy. So maybe give it a shot and see what you think. Either way thanks for the input... not sure I have it in me to play anymore, but I still can't help myself from rooting for this game.

I haven't played yet but they did say they were really trying to make handcannons much better on console (and PC with a controller). The update notes list the following for handcannon changes :
  • Increased PvE damage for all Hand Cannons by 15%
    • Precision Hand Cannons deal 0.15x more precision damage, increasing from 1.5x to 1.6x (+6.6%)
  • Increased hip fire accuracy when using controllers on console and PC by 33%
  • Increased ADS accuracy when using controllers on console and PC by 25%
From some Reddit questions that were answered by Bungie they also said these buffs to accuracy apply to "in air" accuracy. So maybe give it a shot and see what you think. Either way thanks for the input... not sure I have it in me to play anymore, but I still can't help myself from rooting for this game.
Yeah i've been talking strictly PvP sorry for not mentioning that. I havent touched PvE yet but I assume thats its fairing much better than PvP right now. In-air accuracy for PvP right now is just as bad as it was before the patch, PvE I think will be different though. I want this game to succeed but I dont think D2 will be fixed, hopefully by D3 bungie will have learned finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back