Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the long-term outlook update and the this week at bungie... and the changes sound nice but I can't help wondering where in the hell prestige Eater of Worlds is.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46567

I have yet to do the raid. I just don't have the time or a group to do it with on this game.

There are some good changes coming that are way overdue. There's not enough content or things to grind for, and having stuff locked behind Eververse is shitty. There's not nearly enough variability in the gear either, and exotics don't feel amazing at all.

I have yet to do the raid. I just don't have the time or a group to do it with on this game.

There are some good changes coming that are way overdue. There's not enough content or things to grind for, and having stuff locked behind Eververse is shitty. There's not nearly enough variability in the gear either, and exotics don't feel amazing at all.
Yeah if they deliver on half the promises in that update they'll have moved a pretty big step in the right direction

should have just made a big ass expansion for Destiny 1. while making a true sequel, not this cheap knock off.

tried it.. its okay but I am not liking the building aspect of the game. my clan isn't too fond of it either. I wouldn't mind a co-op game that didn't involve more shooting... :/
have you tried warframe? It has shooting but I've just been going around as a melee guy.

so ranked PvP will be on matches won not how good you do by yourself I'll stick to quickplay.

should have just made a big ass expansion for Destiny 1. while making a true sequel, not this cheap knock off.
I would've preferred that but I'm sure Activision would've been cunts about it.

I would've preferred that but I'm sure Activision would've been cunts about it.

As far as I understand Bungie has complete creative control over Destiny. It wasn't so long ago that the sequence of events leading to Eververse "came out" and it was Bungie's idea since they weren't capable of keep up with the originally planned DLC + DLC + Comet every year tempo. So Bungie decided to implement Eververse to fulfill their monetary commitments to Activision since they couldn't pump out the content quickly enough to hold up to their part of the contract.

The changes listed by Christopher Barrett are pretty good for the most part, but as has already been mentioned they're moving back to how D1 was in so many ways. Can they just give up on this "Primary, Energy, Power" slot bullshit and let us have fun again with secondary weapons? And can they quit dicking around with mod's and just give us back RNG rolls with a good pool of perks? It just feels like they refuse to admit that fixed rolls in a loot based game wasn't the right way to go. But instead of just going back to the way it should be they're doubling and tripling down on ways to try and make loot exciting. Just frustrates the ever living shit out of me, and the Reddit forums are pretty irate with the news as it basically states "When we hit Year 2 the game will be much more playable."

I have to ask is anybody generally excited about the updates? I know the PvP guys are probably happy with the Ranked PvP, but is anybody excited about these updates? Is anything they listed going to pull anybody back in? Just curious.

6v6 PVP is coming back, so that's nice. No joke I enjoyed Mayhem because I hate how slowly things recharge in this game still. Sorry, you only get one super per game, if you're lucky maybe two. That's crap.

6v6 PVP is coming back, so that's nice. No joke I enjoyed Mayhem because I hate how slowly things recharge in this game still. Sorry, you only get one super per game, if you're lucky maybe two. That's crap.

I'm just not excited about 6v6 because instead of 4 people grouped up in an alley it's going to be 6. With the weakness of the weapons, lack of useful perks, and now we're talking bout K/DR going to mean something... I think PvP is going to slow down to a snails pace.

Mayhem was great... I was initially not excited about it, but I played it the 2nd and 3rd weeks of the Dawning and I had a good time. The Slova-Bomb glitch was fucking hilarious to watch and it made me laugh when I'd see a whole team of Slova-Glitchers just sit in their spawn and constantly drop out the Slova-Bombs. It was so funny and I really had a good time with it... looking at the Dev update I'm guessing we won't see Mayhem again until Season 3?? I'm totally with you on Mayhem being so great because there's actually PvP matches where I don't end up getting my super (I suck, this I know).

I'm trying to stay positive but I just feel that until they fix the weapon system and bring back Special weapons this game is going to be boring. I was doing strikes yesterday and the hidden Juggler mechanic must have glitched out because I was using all 3 weapons, along with abilities, and I had no ammo for any weapon for at least a minute. It was during the CoO strike where you have to kill the Vex Boss and I'm up there just punching the shit out of Goblins because I have no ammo. I don't know.. guess I'm just ranting / bitching now.

As far as I understand Bungie has complete creative control over Destiny. It wasn't so long ago that the sequence of events leading to Eververse "came out" and it was Bungie's idea since they weren't capable of keep up with the originally planned DLC + DLC + Comet every year tempo. So Bungie decided to implement Eververse to fulfill their monetary commitments to Activision since they couldn't pump out the content quickly enough to hold up to their part of the contract.
Bungie would've had to forfiet stock to Activision if D2 wasn't released in '17 so instead of releasing a good game they released this rushed pos. Do you think they would've been able to release a better game if they didn't have to push for a deadline? Most the stuff that came out in that big update should've been stuff that was in the game to start with. Just an extra 3 months to polish the game wouldn't have been a bad thing and they could've still met their '17 deadline.

Bungie would've had to forfiet stock to Activision if D2 wasn't released in '17 so instead of releasing a good game they released this rushed pos. Do you think they would've been able to release a better game if they didn't have to push for a deadline? Most the stuff that came out in that big update should've been stuff that was in the game to start with. Just an extra 3 months to polish the game wouldn't have been a bad thing and they could've still met their '17 deadline.

What I see with D2 is a failure on so many levels to make a fun game. While aesthetically it's a gorgeous and amazing experience they went so far backwards in terms of gameplay and progression that I don't think any extra time would have had an impact on the issues we still have today. The weapons are fixed rolls with unexciting perks, armor is irrelevant and 100% aesthetic, and so far the "seasons" are pointless. The monthly activities haven't been exciting, PvP isn't terrible but it's certainly not anywhere near as exciting as D1, and above all they basically destroyed the game by putting all the fun weapons into a single category.

The band-aid fixes don't feel like it was stuff coming down the pipe-line that didn't make it into the original game, but instead it seems like a reactionary fix due to bad press. A good point was made here, and on Reddit, that our D1 Guardians would EASILY kick the ever living shit out of our D2 Guardians. Unfortunately this was all done in the name of PvP balance and what we've ended up with is a game where PvP is primarily about grouping up and shooting down sight lines, and PvE is about plinking away at bosses for a while using two different primary weapons. Supers, grenades, and melee's feel almost like they are permanently on Trickle and there's also a hidden Juggle mechanic so Bungie is FORCING us to use a weapon we may not desire to use.

So no.. I personally don't think anymore time to polish up the main game would have helped. I feel like the design philosophy for this game doesn't mesh up with the expectations and wants of the players.

They've got to fix the weapon systems and damage values for PvP to become alive again. No ones going to give a fuck about playing ranked if primaries are still weak and the game holds back individual skill. They've got to increase damage values on par with destiny 1 (3 taps/3 burst for kills), keep abilities where they are now but increase recharge times, fix the weapon system (chris barrett hinted at this) primary, special, heavy, this would allow people to make individual plays again. Destiny 2 lacks the most important factor of all, FUN. Destiny 1 I could fuck around while playing pvp for example, we could play private matches with all our friends with only No Land Beyond equipped..that shit was hilarious. Simply the freedom of being able to choose HOW I played was one of the best things about Destiny. You could play with a sniper AND shotgun at the same time or whatever variation that you liked. The game has been stripped of all the things that bring about a skill-gap.

-buff primaries
-buff movement speed
-increase base recovery regen
-old weapon system (primary, special, heavy) --- giving people special again in d2 wouldnt be good idea on its own, you'd need to buff primaries again so that special isnt the only thing being used.
-more in depth skill trees
-IN AIR ACCURACY FOR FUCKS SAKE. just because little jimmy doesn't have the quick thinking/reflexes doesnt mean all other players should be HANDICAPPED to lower skill levels.

this shit is so much better than the slow-paced dick holding pvp we have now. Destiny 1 was actually hard as fuck to learn and it took me months of busting my ass to improve, part of the grind was actually improving my gameplay.

Last edited:
-IN AIR ACCURACY FOR FUCKS SAKE. just because little jimmy doesn't have the quick thinking/reflexes doesnt mean all other players should be HANDICAPPED to lower skill levels.

I agree with your whole post with the exception of in-air-accuracy. If everything else is brought up to D1 levels then I think we would have an amazing PvP experience. In-air-accuracy makes no sense and especially so when you're talking about Destiny and the amount of auto-aim. I understand we're talking space wizards but I think physics does need to have a place as well. If you're vertically moving your bullets are vertically moving as well, so they're not going to shoot straight like they do in Destiny.

Just my opinion but with the movement speeds in D1 Hunters wielding hand cannons had a massive advantage by being able to jump and still land shots with unfair accuracy. It was silly and that's one of the things I'm glad they fixed. My main point being if everything else is brought back to D1 levels then nobody is handicapped and players will have many more avenues to utilize their superior skills. Doing 180° jump snipes is pure bullshit and I believe it has no place in a game.... obviously my personal opinion.

I agree with your whole post with the exception of in-air-accuracy. If everything else is brought up to D1 levels then I think we would have an amazing PvP experience. In-air-accuracy makes no sense and especially so when you're talking about Destiny and the amount of auto-aim. I understand we're talking space wizards but I think physics does need to have a place as well. If you're vertically moving your bullets are vertically moving as well, so they're not going to shoot straight like they do in Destiny.

Just my opinion but with the movement speeds in D1 Hunters wielding hand cannons had a massive advantage by being able to jump and still land shots with unfair accuracy. It was silly and that's one of the things I'm glad they fixed. My main point being if everything else is brought back to D1 levels then nobody is handicapped and players will have many more avenues to utilize their superior skills. Doing 180° jump snipes is pure bullshit and I believe it has no place in a game.... obviously my personal opinion.
I agree with the sniping aim-assist forsure, however FLINCH from guns helped me fight against the sniper metas. I would use grasp of malok or hawksaw aggressively and it would almost negate any advantages snipers had against me. I think in-air accuracy should be brought at least to D1 levels or include a perk like icarus. I dont mind the advantage hunters had because thats part of the class build (agility and speed). Warlocks had/have insane melee ranges and I think that was far more crutch than being able to land shots in the air (this is much harder to due). I also think the hunters could use more buffs compared to titans and warlocks to be honest. I think if you have the ability to land 360 no scopes you SHOULD be allowed to do it if you are capable.

Also when it comes to in-air bullet physics; most of the time as a hunter in d1 with my handcannons I would actually be above you and shoot as I am coming down so the bullet would have a downward trajectory (it makes sense). But I do think in-air accuracy should have some accuracy fall-off but not to a point where it hurts you. One of the biggest mechanics in destiny is the movement itself, it doesnt make sense to have boots on the ground 100% of the time while shooting, whats the point of even having hunters or all this crazy movement for classes. If players are capable of doing this they should be allowed to do so. I think 1 shot fusion grenades and 1 shot shoulder charge were a much bigger problem than in-air accuracy (which takes much much much more skill). You also have to keep in mind theres no such thing as "auto aim" or "aim-assist" on PC unless you're using a controller.

@D3THRONED , I could live with most of what you said. But I still contest that anybody should be capable of 180 snipes and especially so when they are being shot at the same time.

You brought up a good point about OHK sticky grenades and shoulder charge, and I agree that was a bigger issue than in-air accuracy. Everybody has their own playstyle and it seems like people want their playstyle to be untouched but they want others styles to be toned down. ; )

Either way we will have to wait and see what the season 3 balance changes will do to PvP. Until then it's all speculation. Cheers buddy.

You're both right I think. Having such great air mobility be absolutely useless for shooting (outside of exotics/talents) is really dumb, and really detracts from gameplay. Air shots were still difficult in D1 at common ranges, and if you missed you were probably dead (after they fucked hand cannons of course). I don't see why it had to be removed outright, as high-risk high-reward gameplay is fun for some people. Needing to flinch sniper rifles to be competitive and jump shooting sniper rifles should have never been a thing, because snapshot's speed on scoping should have never been a thing. I abused the FUCK out of snapshot on my her benevolence; snapshot snipers being used by fast-reflex, low-latency players was just not even close to balanced or fair. Long-ish scoping time should have always been the balancing factor for snipers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back