Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just keep running them. Eventually you will get one.
You can run with the origin story and the black scorpion if you want. BS is a solid weapon.

I have been running with the Tone Patrol and the Origin Story or the MIDA and Uriel's Gift. For PVE I have been using Better Devils/Uriel's Gift or the Antiope/Sunshot depending on the mood. The hand cannons are sick, but I would get shit on in PVP.

I want to get a nameless midnight. Took the origin story when I had the choice. What is the easiest way to get that shit? Just keep running strikes?

Also, just started the Osiris campaign, the scout, auto, or hand cannon?
Haven't tried the HC, but the AR feels like Uriel's gift. I don't care for SRs, but I like the Osiris scout (forget what it's called). It is very stable, has a fast fire rate, and has a satisfying sound when fired.

So Bungie got hit pretty hard with refunds by people who bought the base game but not CoO. Since Bungie locked Trials, Faction Rally, Iron Banner, Nightfalls, Heroic Strikes, and Prestige difficulty behind the CoO DLC paywall people were no longer capable of achieving the trophy / achievement for doing a prestige event, and they were no longer able to get Legend of Acrius. All of this of goes along with people no longer being able to play basically ANY of the endgame activities. So after a whole week of Bungie getting battered pretty aggressively in the forums and the gaming websites / journals / magazines they finally made some changes.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46537

"Therefore, this week, we will release a hotfix that will make the following changes:
  • The Prestige Leviathan Raid will be brought back down to Power 300, and its rewards will drop down to match the new Power Level. All players will regain access to the Prestige Raid.
    • This will allow access to “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
    • This will also allow all players ability to complete the final step for the Legend of Acrius Exotic Shotgun.
  • Trials of The Nine will only require Curse of Osiris when it features a Curse of Osiris map. For all other weeks, it will be available to all players.
    • This will allow access to “Lest Ye Be Judged” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
    • Trials of The Nine rewards that launched with Destiny 2 will still be accessible to all players.
    • New Seasonal Rewards that launched with Curse of Osiris, such as the new Seasonal Armor Ornaments, will require ownership of Curse of Osiris to acquire.
  • The Prestige Nightfall will remain a pinnacle activity, at the new 330 Power cap.
    • This means Prestige Nightfall will require ownership of Curse of Osiris.
    • Because of this, we will update “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy to only reference The Prestige Raid.
    • Moving forward, we are investigating adding a 3rd difficulty to all Prestige activities, so that we can provide both a challenge that stays relevant with each new Expansion, and a Prestige version that is available to all players.
  • Normal Nightfall will only require Curse of Osiris when it features a Curse of Osiris map. For all other weeks it will be available to all players.
  • Time limited events – Iron Banner, Faction Rally, and The Dawning, will be made available to all players.
    • We will be postponing tomorrow’s Faction Rally, to ensure all of our players can access the activity and the appropriate rewards.
    • Iron Banner and Faction Rally rewards that launched with Destiny 2 will still be accessible to all players.
    • New Seasonal Rewards that launch with Curse of Osiris, such as the new Seasonal Armor Ornaments, will require ownership of Curse of Osiris to acquire.
We expect these changes to go live tomorrow at the end of scheduled maintenance to deploy Update 1.1.1.1. Moving forward, we are also looking to improve on Heroic Strikes, with new challenges, new Modifiers, and free access for all players."

My favorite part is that Prestige Mode is being returned to 300 power level, and they are dropping the rewards as well. GREAT JOB Bungie because that's EXACTLY what people wanted. </sarcasm> LMAO Also Faction Rally won't drop tomorrow for those who didn't notice it.

To be fair it's good that they have finally started communicating rather than allowing the forums and players to foam at the mouth with hatred.

So Bungie got hit pretty hard with refunds by people who bought the base game but not CoO. Since Bungie locked Trials, Faction Rally, Iron Banner, Nightfalls, Heroic Strikes, and Prestige difficulty behind the CoO DLC paywall people were no longer capable of achieving the trophy / achievement for doing a prestige event, and they were no longer able to get Legend of Acrius. All of this of goes along with people no longer being able to play basically ANY of the endgame activities. So after a whole week of Bungie getting battered pretty aggressively in the forums and the gaming websites / journals / magazines they finally made some changes.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46537

"Therefore, this week, we will release a hotfix that will make the following changes:
  • The Prestige Leviathan Raid will be brought back down to Power 300, and its rewards will drop down to match the new Power Level. All players will regain access to the Prestige Raid.
    • This will allow access to “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
    • This will also allow all players ability to complete the final step for the Legend of Acrius Exotic Shotgun.
  • Trials of The Nine will only require Curse of Osiris when it features a Curse of Osiris map. For all other weeks, it will be available to all players.
    • This will allow access to “Lest Ye Be Judged” Achievement/Trophy for all players.
    • Trials of The Nine rewards that launched with Destiny 2 will still be accessible to all players.
    • New Seasonal Rewards that launched with Curse of Osiris, such as the new Seasonal Armor Ornaments, will require ownership of Curse of Osiris to acquire.
  • The Prestige Nightfall will remain a pinnacle activity, at the new 330 Power cap.
    • This means Prestige Nightfall will require ownership of Curse of Osiris.
    • Because of this, we will update “The Prestige” Achievement/Trophy to only reference The Prestige Raid.
    • Moving forward, we are investigating adding a 3rd difficulty to all Prestige activities, so that we can provide both a challenge that stays relevant with each new Expansion, and a Prestige version that is available to all players.
  • Normal Nightfall will only require Curse of Osiris when it features a Curse of Osiris map. For all other weeks it will be available to all players.
  • Time limited events – Iron Banner, Faction Rally, and The Dawning, will be made available to all players.
    • We will be postponing tomorrow’s Faction Rally, to ensure all of our players can access the activity and the appropriate rewards.
    • Iron Banner and Faction Rally rewards that launched with Destiny 2 will still be accessible to all players.
    • New Seasonal Rewards that launch with Curse of Osiris, such as the new Seasonal Armor Ornaments, will require ownership of Curse of Osiris to acquire.
We expect these changes to go live tomorrow at the end of scheduled maintenance to deploy Update 1.1.1.1. Moving forward, we are also looking to improve on Heroic Strikes, with new challenges, new Modifiers, and free access for all players."

My favorite part is that Prestige Mode is being returned to 300 power level, and they are dropping the rewards as well. GREAT JOB Bungie because that's EXACTLY what people wanted. </sarcasm> LMAO Also Faction Rally won't drop tomorrow for those who didn't notice it.

To be fair it's good that they have finally started communicating rather than allowing the forums and players to foam at the mouth with hatred.
<Dany07>

Oh Bungo. Anytime it looks like they might be righting the ship they manage to nose dive right back into the abyss.

horrible choice to make the changes and take away things we already have. Pulling the foot outta their ass was a good step they should not have needed to make, but at least they did.

I want to get a nameless midnight. Took the origin story when I had the choice. What is the easiest way to get that shit? Just keep running strikes?

Also, just started the Osiris campaign, the scout, auto, or hand cannon?
I grabbed the hand cannon thinking each toon would get to pick (they don't) and it's garbage.

I grabbed the hand cannon thinking each toon would get to pick (they don't) and it's garbage.

I watched a few videos. The assault rifle, the positive outlook, is essentially the Uriel’s gift with kill clip. Sounds beast.

<Dany07>

Oh Bungo. Anytime it looks like they might be righting the ship they manage to nose dive right back into the abyss.

Over 3 years of that shit. They either don't listen to the community out of sheer arrogance or they're woefully incompetent. I think it's a little of both. I do have to admit I am very much enjoying Bungie constantly doing the dumbest thing instead of the right thing and seeing a lot of the famous Destiny streamers and youtubers quit the game completely.

Over 3 years of that shit. They either don't listen to the community out of sheer arrogance or they're woefully incompetent. I think it's a little of both. I do have to admit I am very much enjoying Bungie constantly doing the dumbest thing instead of the right thing and seeing a lot of the famous Destiny streamers and youtubers quit the game completely.

Schadenfreude is what you're describing and I'm not going to lie; I'm enjoying watching them get called out for all the bullshit. I keep hearing about how communications between departments is making Destiny very difficult to develop. Some people on Reddit hit the nail on the head when they said that when a company has to start looking at how to monetize a game, rather than how to make a game fun, then it's pretty much "game over" for the players.

When I heard them mention a couple weeks ago that they were looking to the future and "beyond Destiny" it really caught my attention. I'm wondering if they're just going to end it and sell the franchise or do something to get out of the contract early. I can only imagine how demoralizing it must be to work at Bungie and see how shit is being handled while knowing you have to keep on making the game WORSE with updates.

Fuckin' Bungie... All they had to do was create a 3rd tier for all events.. Premier Nightfall/Raid or something at the higher level...

At least I managed to run the normal raid with all 3 toons and cash in for items at the highest level. It's one less event per character to get a luminous now...

I have been running with the Tone Patrol and the Origin Story or the MIDA and Uriel's Gift. For PVE I have been using Better Devils/Uriel's Gift or the Antiope/Sunshot depending on the mood. The hand cannons are sick, but I would get shit on in PVP.
I'd move away from Uriels. Positive Outlook is the better Auto Rifle at this point. Has kill clip and just eats. You can beat Nameless Midnight with the MIDA in PVP, but its close.

I'd run Antiope / Positive Outlook (once this Prometheus Lens is over with). PO has solid range to it and Antiope is great for close encounters.

Better Devils is by far my favorite hand cannon in this game. I haven't used another one that beats it. Sunshot is good also, I just don't like wasting a secondary slot for a hand cannon.

I'd move away from Uriels. Positive Outlook is the better Auto Rifle at this point. Has kill clip and just eats. You can beat Nameless Midnight with the MIDA in PVP, but its close.

I'd run Antiope / Positive Outlook (once this Prometheus Lens is over with). PO has solid range to it and Antiope is great for close encounters.

Better Devils is by far my favorite hand cannon in this game. I haven't used another one that beats it. Sunshot is good also, I just don't like wasting a secondary slot for a hand cannon.

Won't have time to play til tomorrow, but I did decide on the PO. Looks so beast. Can't wait to use it.

Really, I am just looking for different weapons to use and experiment with. Have been rolling MIDA/Uriels for a while now.

I still have not got Better Devils dammit

I have been using Nameless Midnight and Sunshot or Dead Orbit's Dire Promise and PO

just got light 281 psyched to try out some higher lvl content.

watchmojo just posted a video listing the 5 reasons Destiny 2 is better then Destiny 1 and of course the comment section is hilarious

watchmojo just posted a video listing the 5 reasons Destiny 2 is better then Destiny 1 and of course the comment section is hilarious

To be fair I agree with all 5 of their points...

-the story is better
-Guided Games is a good idea just not well executed
-leveling up is much easier and much less grindy
-the map / fast travel and new UI is much better
-there is absolutely more shit to do than there was in D1.

Watch Mojo pinned a comment at the top explaining they meant to get this video out a long time ago but didn't get around to it. I also think it's likely they were comparing Vanilla D1 to Vanilla D2. While D2 turned out to be a shit show the 5 things listed by Watch Mojo were certainly upgrades over D1.

Anyways, has anybody been playing since the update today? I was looking on Reddit and some of the Masterworks stuff sounds OK, as well as being able to buy shit from vendors.

I also didn't see it posted yet so here's the updates that came in the patch today :
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46536

Activities
Leviathan Raid

• Brought the Prestige "Leviathan" raid back down to 300 Power, making it accessible to all players, regardless of Curse of Osiris ownership
  • Adjusted Prestige difficulty rewards no longer grant guaranteed 330 Power items
  • Adjusted the difficulty for the normal Calus encounter
Trials of the Nine
  • Players who do not own Curse of Osiris may now access Trials of the Nine when a Destiny 2 launch map is featured
Trophies and Achievements
  • Modified the achievement "The Prestige" and the associated trophy to remove the Nightfall component
    • This may now be completed, regardless of Curse of Osiris ownership, by completing the "Leviathan" raid on Prestige difficulty
General
Miscellaneous

• Fixed an issue impacting Power level progression from level 289 to 300 for players who do not own Curse of Osiris

Fixed an issue that would prompt a Curse of Osiris purchase menu when players were attempting to acquire the Scout Report: Mercury item with insufficient Glimmer
  • Fixed an issue where the word "Nightfall" was not prepended to new Curse of Osiris strikes in the Nightfall Director node
  • Adjusted the functionality of Chest Reward Throttles
    • Players now receive reduced amounts of loot when opening large numbers of chests in quick succession, rather than nothing at all
  • Cayde's Stash chests now grant rewards via the loot stream to prevent items from disappearing into the ground
  • Fixed an issue where cannons on Mercury were not functioning properly for PC players when they were playing at over 60 fps
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the functionality of HDR settings for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro

Collections

• Fixed an issue where players with over 84 emblems were unable to see all emblems they owned within the collection screen
User Interface
  • On player inspection, currency display is no longer visible
  • Vendor waypoints are only highlighted when players have enough tokens to earn a reward
  • Fixed an issue where some players could not interact with items when they had full inventory
Faction Rallies
  • Players can no longer loot the same chest multiple times in quick succession for Faction Rally tokens
  • Fixed an issue where Faction Rally tokens were not being removed at the conclusion of the event for some players
  • Faction Rally emblems now display the correct pledge tracker stat
  • Fixed an issue where Faction Rally tokens were being removed from players' inventories when the players were creating a new character
  • Fixed an issue where some players would not receive a Faction Rally winner discount
Masterworks
  • Legendary weapons can now drop as Masterworks for characters above Power level 250
  • Masterworks provide bonus weapon stats and generate Orbs on multikills
Engrams
  • Legendary and Exotic Engram drop rates have been adjusted down for Public Events, and up for Strike and Crucible playlist activities
  • Reduced the chance of a Legendary engram rewarding multiple Legendary items
Xûr
  • Xûr now sells a three of coins consumable item that increases the drop chance of Exotics
  • Xûr now sells the Fated Engram
Exotics
  • Fixed an issue where Vesper of Radius, the Helm of Saint-14, Graviton Forfeit, and Gemini Jester were dropping with incorrect class mods
  • Fixed an issue where the Prometheus Lens Exotic Trace Rifle was outputting too much damage too quickly
  • Fixed an issue where Exotic weapons from Curse of Osiris were mislabeled within Exotic engrams
Gift Consumables
  • Zavala now sells a Fireteam Gift consumable that provides rewards to the user's fireteam on strike completion
  • Shaxx now sells a Fireteam Gift consumable that provides rewards to all players at the end of a Crucible activity
  • Tess Everis sells a Fireteam Gift consumable that provides rewards to all players on Strike or Crucible activity completion
Faction Vendors
  • Faction vendors now offer legendary gear for direct purchase with Legendary shards and faction tokens
Crucible
  • Added invisible physics to keep players from hiding in the Red Bay Box on the Pacifica map
  • Adjusted Power Ammo locations on the Eternity map

To be fair I agree with all 5 of their points...

-the story is better
-Guided Games is a good idea just not well executed
-leveling up is much easier and much less grindy
-the map / fast travel and new UI is much better
-there is absolutely more shit to do than there was in D1.

Watch Mojo pinned a comment at the top explaining they meant to get this video out a long time ago but didn't get around to it. I also think it's likely they were comparing Vanilla D1 to Vanilla D2. While D2 turned out to be a shit show the 5 things listed by Watch Mojo were certainly upgrades over D1.

Anyways, has anybody been playing since the update today? I was looking on Reddit and some of the Masterworks stuff sounds OK, as well as being able to buy shit from vendors.
yeah I've been playing the masterwork stuff seems to be dropping at a decent rate but nothing I want to use so far. The amour is buyable as long as you have ranked up with that vendor and pvp isn't overran with trace rifles anymore. Plus with the extra reward boost in pvp and stike it's making those two type of tokens easier to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back