Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I didn't buy the dlc, the shitstorm is going strong right now in the community. This is an all time low for bungie.
I haven't looked at any of the feed back yet. I could just imagine how bad it'd be if they just released it like they wanted to without saying the stuff they did last week and adding stuff in these two patches.

After doing the Infinite Forest during the main campaign this came to my mind immediately... Billy Madison reference for those who might not know.

qXmFZbx.jpg

I have been playing both d1/d2 since the beginning of each.....solo
never done a raid, no pvp

not a gamer so to speak, but d2 got stale quick

I have hope

Just spent a few hours running the Adventures and guess what... every one of them is just you doing the same shit, over and over, in the Infinite Forest with basically a different boss battle. LMAO... brutally boring. And once you've done this you can start doing Heroic Adventures which is a repeat of the same shit in the Infinite Forest but it's Power Level 300.... to be fair the Heroic Adventures do have modifiers so that's kind of cool. Once you go through those Heroic Adventures you can finally start with the "Prophecy" weapons through Vance and the Forge. Of course, on par for D2, apparently these "Prophecy" weapons are pretty sad as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...rophecy_guns_ive_gotten_so_far_are_awful_and/

I can't imagine going through all of this again with my other characters as just the single playthrough is really bland and boring.

r/DestinyTheGame on Reddit is imploding on itself... so many people wanted this thing to be good or even decent and it's just sad. Think I'm probably finished with D2, well, at least until the next DLC drops since I've already paid for it. haha

Cheers Guardians.

Hahahahaha this DLC. Holy fuck, they're not even trying anymore it seems... I literally ran through the same goddamn hallway six or seven times. "Yeah but it's infinite pathways my friend, infinite..."

6e353698c03e4fee2a96266df70ca812--fighting-memes-picture-comments.jpg

It's safe to say all the true gods of Bungie who made masterpieces like Halo 3 are currently at work at 343 Industries.
Fucking Luke Smith lol

Haven't played this since like 2 weeks after release, looks like there is no reason to come back to it.

Supposedly if you don't have the DLC on PS4 and you haven't got the Platinum beforehand your now locked out of it, due to the light level raise for Prestige. Don't know if its the same for Xbox achievements though.

Just spent a few hours running the Adventures and guess what... every one of them is just you doing the same shit, over and over, in the Infinite Forest with basically a different boss battle. LMAO... brutally boring. And once you've done this you can start doing Heroic Adventures which is a repeat of the same shit in the Infinite Forest but it's Power Level 300.... to be fair the Heroic Adventures do have modifiers so that's kind of cool. Once you go through those Heroic Adventures you can finally start with the "Prophecy" weapons through Vance and the Forge. Of course, on par for D2, apparently these "Prophecy" weapons are pretty sad as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...rophecy_guns_ive_gotten_so_far_are_awful_and/

I can't imagine going through all of this again with my other characters as just the single playthrough is really bland and boring.

r/DestinyTheGame on Reddit is imploding on itself... so many people wanted this thing to be good or even decent and it's just sad. Think I'm probably finished with D2, well, at least until the next DLC drops since I've already paid for it. haha

Cheers Guardians.
They should've fucking made Infinite Forest the vex version of archon's forge because that seems like what it is. This has to be the shittiest DLC they released ppl want to hate on the Dark Below and House of Wolves but those dlc gave you shit to do and this public event did they really need to have two chest?

House of Wolves saved Destiny 1 from the brink with the introduction of trials and gave it enough steam to last to TTK, this expansion is definitely at least dark below bad

House of Wolves saved Destiny 1 from the brink with the introduction of trials and gave it enough steam to last to TTK, this expansion is definitely at least dark below bad
the dark below brought a raid and probably the best weapon mission with the murmur

I thought Dark Below was a good amount of fun and it all culminated with the raid... we knew it going in that we were going to fight Crota, so all of the missions where we destroyed his sword, weakened his soul, etc was so that we could jump into his realm and whip his ass. There was a sense of purpose there and it kind of made sense. We also got a cool character with a ton of back story in Eris Morn who was now a permanent fixture at the tower giving us bounties and that great Murmur quest (as already mentioned by @tru3f4n ).

CoO is explained away by "time-travel" so anything can happen and then they hit you right in the face at the end with that crap about "multiple equations giving the same outcome," so basically what we just did was 100% meaningless. And why in the flying fuck did Osiris jump back into the Infinite Forest instead of coming to the tower or even the fucking Lighthouse? Just so boring, frustrating, and I hate to say it but it just feels lazy. This way they don't have to develop the character, alter the tower space, or anything.

Somebody else brought this up but what exactly is the curse of Osiris? Also, what in the flying fuck did the Traveler awakening actually have to do with the Vex and the Infinite Forest? Ikora tells us on the first mission that the Traveler's awakening has something to do with this, but then we don't learn a single thing about it. Osiris is basically a phantom except for the cut scene to say "Hi, good job, and now I'm leaving for no reason."

I probably need to just pull myself away from this thread because I am quite upset / negative about the game right now. I was really hoping this was going to draw me back in, get me vested in the story and wanting to run the raid again, but holy hell I'm just pissed and bored. Sorry for the rant guys, I do hope that others might find aspects of this DLC which they enjoy, but I really can't find much. Some good QoL changes, you can now see the challenges at all times even if you have glimmer on the screen, and that's nice. haha

the dark below brought a raid and probably the best weapon mission with the murmur

That wasn't a raid, that was a 6 man strike. The raid was easy and lent itself well to carries, one good sword bearer was all you needed for both normal and heroic. It was a step down from VoG. My group's usual completion time was in the mid 20 minute range if I remember right, with pugs around 30-40 minutes. The Dark Below was a total let down (edit: I take this back, dark below introduced black hammer. GOAT expansion for that alone)

Last edited:
This game is following the same trajectory as D1 did so far. Flawed main game with obvious potential followed by an initial shitty expansion with very little content. The only problem is we've already been here before, as this isn't bungie's first go. It almost seems like the lessons they learned from Destiny 1's life cycle were just completely ignored. I don't know if people are going to stick around to see if they can patch the game back to life: I know I'm on the fence this time, and I was a big-time bungie apologist during the shitty parts of Destiny 1. I see that tanker is too, and I highly doubt we're even close to alone in that feeling.

I thought Dark Below was a good amount of fun and it all culminated with the raid... we knew it going in that we were going to fight Crota, so all of the missions where we destroyed his sword, weakened his soul, etc was so that we could jump into his realm and whip his ass. There was a sense of purpose there and it kind of made sense. We also got a cool character with a ton of back story in Eris Morn who was now a permanent fixture at the tower giving us bounties and that great Murmur quest (as already mentioned by @tru3f4n ).

CoO is explained away by "time-travel" so anything can happen and then they hit you right in the face at the end with that crap about "multiple equations giving the same outcome," so basically what we just did was 100% meaningless. And why in the flying fuck did Osiris jump back into the Infinite Forest instead of coming to the tower or even the fucking Lighthouse? Just so boring, frustrating, and I hate to say it but it just feels lazy. This way they don't have to develop the character, alter the tower space, or anything.

Somebody else brought this up but what exactly is the curse of Osiris? Also, what in the flying fuck did the Traveler awakening actually have to do with the Vex and the Infinite Forest? Ikora tells us on the first mission that the Traveler's awakening has something to do with this, but then we don't learn a single thing about it. Osiris is basically a phantom except for the cut scene to say "Hi, good job, and now I'm leaving for no reason."

I probably need to just pull myself away from this thread because I am quite upset / negative about the game right now. I was really hoping this was going to draw me back in, get me vested in the story and wanting to run the raid again, but holy hell I'm just pissed and bored. Sorry for the rant guys, I do hope that others might find aspects of this DLC which they enjoy, but I really can't find much. Some good QoL changes, you can now see the challenges at all times even if you have glimmer on the screen, and that's nice. haha
It's actually pretty funny that bungie was upset how the story was in the first one and this one is just as bad with no grimoire to fill in the gaps. Like how'd Osiris get his ghost back, how'd Brother Vance make it to Mercury from the Reef, why is one of the new strikes a harder version of a story mission.

That wasn't a raid, that was a 6 man strike. The raid was easy and lent itself well to carries, one good sword bearer was all you needed for both normal and heroic. It was a step down from VoG. My group's usual completion time was in the mid 20 minute range if I remember right, with pugs around 30-40 minutes. The Dark Below was a total let down (edit: I take this back, dark below introduced black hammer. GOAT expansion for that alone)
I got that black hammer on my first play through I think the only time I used it was during the devil's lair strike and the Cerberus Vae III strike I never tried for the exotic version.

I got that black hammer on my first play through I think the only time I used it was during the devil's lair strike and the Cerberus Vae III strike I never tried for the exotic version.

wait wat??? you didn't use the black hammer often??? that was the GOAT sniper rifle right next to the other GOAT sniper icebreaker...

I miss those guns. They made you feel special... like Gallehorn special...

D2 sucks... lol

wait wat??? you didn't use the black hammer often??? that was the GOAT sniper rifle right next to the other GOAT sniper icebreaker...

I miss those guns. They made you feel special... like Gallehorn special...

D2 sucks... lol
I didn't like snipers and if I was going to use one it would be the icebreaker or a decent rolled LDR or Longbow with field scout and firefly(I was a shit shot). As for D2 I just got the Crimson I'll be trying that out tomorrow in PvP not sure how a three round burst hand cannon will work for me but it gots Red Death like perks.

I just want my goddamn Icebreaker and G-horn back. Fucking Bungie.

Other than that give me the goddamn Raid rocket so I can at least have non-seeking wolfpac rounds.

avoid PvP for now unless you have the Prometheus Lens, literally a joke. A weapon that has a .4-.5 second time to kill has no place in this game. *in before we asked for buffed primaries* No, this is vex mythocast levels of broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back