Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re : Shaders

Here's Luke Smith's response to this issue and I have to say that I pretty much agree with him.

Shaders are earned through gameplay: leveling, chests, engrams, vendors. We expect you’ll be flush w/ Shaders as you continue to play. (1/4)

When you reach level 20, Shaders will drop more often: vendor rewards, destination play and endgame activities. (2/4)

Shaders are now an ongoing reward for playing. Customization will inspire gameplay. Each planet has unique armor and Shader rewards. (3/4)

With D2, we want statements like "I want to run the Raid, Trials, or go back to Titan to get more of its Shader" to be possible. (4/4)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6yp6ps/luke_smith_comments_on_shaders/
So what do shaders actually do?

So what do shaders actually do?
Color your gear. That's it. In D1 you could reuse them. In D2 you can't but according to Bungie once you hit max level they drop more often. They have zero to do with winning anything.

Nobody lost a raid because they had a purple cloak.

Bring up your map via the director and youll see diamond-shaped emblems showing the time and place of the next event.
In all the time I was on I was attempting to solo public events this morning, Nobody seemed to care to join in.

Color your gear. That's it. In D1 you could reuse them. In D2 you can't but according to Bungie once you hit max level they drop more often. They have zero to do with winning anything.
Ahhh. Thanks. I don't own a console so I've never played Destiny. I have the 2nd one preordered though for pc. I only got to play the beta for a couple of hours but I loved it.

Shaders were part of what kept some of the hardcore grinding for a year or two. I hope the drop rates are better because it took me 2 years to get a Dead Orbit shader in D1.

I am enjoying it so far. Level 13.

Havent done any PVP but have never been a big PVP-er.

Just reached level 20 and got legendary engrams from the edz and caide, i have like 10 legendary items already, it took me forever to find one once i was level 20 in the first game but i suppose they aren't as important now seeing as you can get them at an earlier level.

"This Week At Bungie" came up yesterday and it was pretty informative.
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46234

Some good dates and things to remember :

090717_calendar.jpg

So no Xur today, but we should see him next week.

-We have the raid launching next Wednesday
-We have Trials of the Nine (guessing it's similar to D1 Trials) launching next Friday
-Sept 26 we have the Faction Venders returning so that will be some new story-line and stuff to do

Looks like they are pacing the launch quite well. I've had a blast and I highly recommend that when you get to the "endgame" you start doing the challenges on each of the individual planets. If you pull up you ghost, without going to your director, the challenges should appear on the right hand of your screen. Completing them all gives some good rewards ; I even got a few exotic engrams.

Also, as your light increases, start doing those "Blue" missions as they are some really interesting side stories and they are also dropping some good gear.

I'm also going to post this video by Datto showing how to activate the Heroic Public Events.

Had a couple free redbox codes and rented this. It's definitely more refined in every aspect from map design, pacing, gameplay, etc. and I'm having fun with it after playing a few hours.

Only played Destiny 1 sparringly the first year and played some again recently, so it feels a little fresh for me but can see how the hardcore players who became burnt out with the repetitiveness grind of D1 may not be too impressed with D2 because the template of the game is the same.

Looks like Bungie will try to keep the game feeling fresh with different events between DLC, let's see how long that will last before the gameplay begins to wear thin and become stale.

The PvP is the weakest part of these games, which is surprising coming from Bungie.

Enjoying it so far. Loving fast travel, no need to go to space all the time and more. Only thing I don't like is that it seems so much easier to just one punch every low level enemy instead of shoot them.

With exploring, are there any hidden fun items? I can't seem to find any, and that seems weird.

Enjoying it so far. Loving fast travel, no need to go to space all the time and more. Only thing I don't like is that it seems so much easier to just one punch every low level enemy instead of shoot them.

With exploring, are there any hidden fun items? I can't seem to find any, and that seems weird.

Loot boxes, but that's all I've found.

I love how the adventures are little fully voiced mini-missions, I feel like there is as much content here as the entirety of D1 + expansions. Also now that I've gotten used to the kinetic/power/energy loadout format I don't really miss the old format as much as I thought I would. We'll see how it works come raid time.

I got an exotic engram from killing one of those little high lvl mini bosses and opening the loot chest outside the church in the edz I wasn't expecting that.

I read somewhere that you shouldn't do any exotic missions until you reach lvl 260. Is that still true?

I love how the adventures are little fully voiced mini-missions, I feel like there is as much content here as the entirety of D1 + expansions. Also now that I've gotten used to the kinetic/power/energy loadout format I don't really miss the old format as much as I thought I would. We'll see how it works come raid time.

I was still bithcy about the weapons at first, but as I've progressed and gotten some really good Energy weapons I've found the system to work pretty well. I still miss having a fusion rifle and a rocket launcher... snipers, swords, and rocket launchers seem to be the most dominant Power weapons so I rarely end up equipping a fusion rifle. They really just don't have much place when compared to swords / snipers / rocket launchers. And holy shit... rocket launchers. I've got a legendary one, don't recall the name, which feels like Gjallarhorn. It packs an amazing punch with the first detonation and then there's another huge set of detonations behind the initial blast. By far and away that's the best weapon I have found so far for DPS.

Just got MIDA multi-tool!!! I was a LL 267 and it dropped at 282. NOTE : hold onto your blue and purple scout rifles as the quest for MIDA requires you to dismantle 5 of them.

I read somewhere that you shouldn't do any exotic missions until you reach lvl 260. Is that still true?

Only if you're seriously worried about power-leveling as fast as possible. The progression is very reasonable and it feels rewarding and generous at times. I started playing yesterday at LL 215 or so and after a few hours I was at about 250. About 3 hours this morning and now I'm at 267 I think... so if you want to hold off go ahead, but people out there are freaking out about power-leveling as fast as possible. To each their own but I'm having fun turning in engrams and getting some cool gear. The whole idea here is that legendary engrams seem to cap out at 265, so to get above that you'll need to do quests and exotic quests seem to be dropping quite high... I was 267 and my MIDA just dropped at 282.

I got a noob ass question
What the hell is this second purple box next to my hand grenade and underneath my super charged power meter

I got a noob ass question
What the hell is this second purple box next to my hand grenade and underneath my super charged power meter

Did you unlock any abilities like Marksman's dodge or anything?

Did you unlock any abilities like Marksman's dodge or anything?
Yea I figured out it was my B button right after I posted
I forgot all about those unlocked abilities

Trying to get some Crucible going is a pain in the ass so far on Xbone. First game took me a solid 10 minutes of waiting in orbit, and after that game I get returned to orbit and now I'm sitting here with "1/8 Guardians... searching" for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back