Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the weapon rolls and non-uniqueness of the weapons, I agree that there is not a TONNE of variance. A few of the autorifles I have had drop are similar to each other in appearance and in handling. Even the sights are similar. Sometimes the sights are so similar that I lose track of whether I am currently using a Scout or an Assault rifle till after I pull the trigger.

For Crucible, I put a bright yellow shader (Bumblebee) on my Kinetic AR of choice (Scathelocke) so that I will always know what I am running with at the time. I found that helped. With that as my main, I usually switched between an energy AR and an energy Scout Rifle.

But anyways the Scouts have a few models that look and handle similarly as well, and it's tough to find a weapon that you really "like the feel of" to a point where you can differentiate it from the other available weapons. I do have the one with Dragonfly, but I don't use that in Crucible. This early in the game, I am sure I haven't had every version of every weapon drop yet, so maybe I'll find something that really stands out. There is a really good kinetic Scout called "Call to Serve". It handles a LOT like the Mida, and it has a reddot iron sight that reminds me of the Rise of Iron IB weapons. I like it a lot too.

But yeah, nothing super special so far. The Haake Halfdan-D is an Autorifle with a TONNE of potential, but the recoil makes it unmanageable. It's not balanced at all.

Just rambling at this point.

How do the mods work on weapons and armor and how do I use them for upping my light level?

I like using the Scathelocke in PVP too just wish it had Rampage instead of Under Pressure which reminds me too much of persistence.

How do the mods work on weapons and armor and how do I use them for upping my light level?
get to lvl 280 und they add +5 dmg to energy and power weapons and switches the burn if you wanted to or just use the same type and just get the + 5 dmg.

I had a lot of fun in the crucible yesterday though. I had REALLY given the crucible an honest session, so I didn't really have a true idea of how it is playing with D2. I have to say I like it a lot and I have no beef with the balancing. Yes, Mida is out there, but with the movement mechanics available (Hunter Triple jump and Warlock Blink) it makes flanking and rushing that much more fun.

For me it's the persist radar and the only gun afaik with High Caliber Rounds, which they already nerfed in D1 by taking away the HCR LOL. I shouldn't be losing in a medium to close range battle with a high stability AR versus a Scout, unless the player is really good, because my reticle is jumping all over the place while I'm firing. I'd be okay if they got rid of those perks because it'll still be a great scout rifle.
Hell, I'd be down for getting rid of radar all together. But maybe that'd create even more peekaboo team shooting. I don't know. It's worthless in PVE except for finding that one straggler psion who doesn't move from cover at all.

Anyways, only had an hour to play tonight because once again Bungie has maintenance during my after work gaming hours but I finally got a Better Devils to drop with a legendary mod to boot! I'll play Crucible for the Call to Arms milestone and only when a few other clan members want to play it. I'm done with solo Crucible because I'm already tired of Control, Supremacy and Clash. Where's my Mayhem and Rift? :( Rift seems like an even better fit for 4v4 than 6v6. Supremacy was more fun when you had to worry about shotguns and sidearms while rushing for a crest. Now I just have to worry about that cocksucker crouching in a corner hardscoping his Mida all match.

Heard a rumor the next DLC won't even have a raid and I really, really hope that isn't true. If it is, I'm glad Bungie was kind enough to save me $30-40 for the season pass, lol.

Wow, shit - No Raid? That's pretty half-assed.

There are other guns with High Caliber rounds bro.

Side note, I also got a Scout with that perk that's similar to Triple-Double, where if I land three precision shots, a round is added to the mag. haven't tried it yet.

A rumor stemming from a leak so take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, no point in being salty about a very unconfirmed rumor. Though I think it actually makes sense... there's still TONS of people who haven't even gotten into the current raid, and we still don't have the heroic mode yet, so maybe they're not too worried about the next raid just yet. We didn't get a raid with House of Wolves but we did get quite a bit of content with Prison of Elders, a few new strikes, a ton of missions, a new social space, and a metric fuck-ton of quality-of-life upgrades. So even if we don't get a new raid lets do our best to not be so sour... Destiny is a cruel mistress sometimes but she still has the goods as we always come crawling back. haha

Trials saved House of Wolves, prison of elders was hot garbage. 5 rounds with no checkpoints and very limited windows where you could have a replacement join your fireteam? No thanks.

Skolas was a neat fight with lots of mechanics, but just the act of getting to him felt like a chore, and a disconnect could blow your run.

Trials saved House of Wolves, prison of elders was hot garbage. 5 rounds with no checkpoints and very limited windows where you could have a replacement join your fireteam? No thanks.

Skolas was a neat fight with lots of mechanics, but just the act of getting to him felt like a chore, and a disconnect could blow your run.

I forgot about Trials... good call. PoE wasn't amazing but it certainly gave the community a carrot to chase, and I think the quality-of-life changes were enough that not having a raid wasn't the end of the world. Skolas was a fucking nightmare.... level 35 with a million shielded captains, the stupid curse (or whatever it was called), etc... but the rest of PoE wasn't so bad. We used to crush the Nightfalls and run PoE 34 and we had a good time.

I forgot about Trials... good call. PoE wasn't amazing but it certainly gave the community a carrot to chase, and I think the quality-of-life changes were enough that not having a raid wasn't the end of the world. Skolas was a fucking nightmare.... level 35 with a million shielded captains, the stupid curse (or whatever it was called), etc... but the rest of PoE wasn't so bad. We used to crush the Nightfalls and run PoE 34 and we had a good time.

I'd forgotten about bungo's add 1 level difference to the damage calculation difficulty mechanic. Those were not the days <45>

anybody know if you can choose all three factions if you have three different characters or if they are shared? The photos I saw looked like the Factions had different type of armour where DO is light, FWC is medium, and NM is heavy.

If it is anything like D1 you can have each character a different faction

Yeah trufan, you'll probably be able to choose allegiance to one faction per character like in D1.

I scored some pretty cool weapons yesterday that I am looking forward to trying out. I didn't get a chance yet because I got into another raid, but when I was grinding the Crucible I got a neat looking sniper to drop (The Morning Comes), and then later on I somehow got a new shotgun called hawthorns field-forged shotgun.

They both look beastly. I am really liking the look of some of the shaders too, but dammit of course all the ones I REALLY like are legendary with lame drop rates. There is one shader that I am outfitting my Warlock with called Bumble Bee. Yep. It has a lot of yellow. Looks cool though. I need about 4 more I think to finish him off.

I got the Tarantula to drop yesterday, and that's a fun "sniper" rifle.

So one of the Destiny devs on twitter discussed why they lowered in-air accuracy on guns. This is the exact quote, "Increased verticality changes the skill set required and, therefore, the audience who can feel comfortable & capable while playing it."

In other words, we lowered the skill gap because we cater to casuals. This is the perfect example of why I quit playing, they keep dumbing the game down so people who are shit at playing can compete. This is why we have an autorifle meta, to make PVP easier for the casual player. This is why d1 will remain better, wayyyy higher skill gap. Why the fuck add all this movement if it only hurts you?

Last edited:
So one of the Destiny devs on twitter discussed why the lowered in-air accuracy on guns. This is the exact quote, "Increased verticality changes the skill set required and, therefore, the audience who can feel comfortable & capable while playing it."

In other words, we lowered the skill gap because we cater to casuals. This is the perfect example of why I quit playing, they keep dumbing the game down so people who are shit at playing can compete. This is why we have an autorifle meta, to make PVP easier for the casual player. This is why d1 will remain better, wayyyy higher skill gap. Why the fuck add all this movement if it only hurts you?

Only about 2-5% of D2 players are hardcore players who complain about things like this. Why not focus on the 95-98% of others who aren't the hardcore players like yourself?

Datto made a video about this just a few days ago, complaining about the same things, but really, guys like me don't have tons of time to play, and I want to enjoy it when I do get on instead of getting pub stomped and shit on? If that was the case they'd alienate nearly all of their player base.

Only about 2-5% of D2 players are hardcore players who complain about things like this. Why not focus on the 95-98% of others who aren't the hardcore players like yourself?

Datto made a video about this just a few days ago, complaining about the same things, but really, guys like me don't have tons of time to play, and I want to enjoy it when I do get on instead of getting pub stomped and shit on? If that was the case they'd alienate nearly all of their player base.
Disagree, this takes away from the people who actually strive to improve their ability to play what use to be a hard game to learn and get good at. Now they made it like COD where you just run around with an auto rifle and can do fine because it requires minimal skill to aim. Now its just spam shoot, instead of taking your time and getting those headshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back