Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the aiming mechanics are a little different in this edition, and aim assist isn't as prevailent from what I can tell. Headshots are tougher and movement while ADS is much more twitchy than before IMO. But I like that. I always have my controls set to max and with D1 I was very unhappy with the look-speed. This is an improvement, but still nowhere near the twitch shooting of Titanfall or CoD.

(I find this for both PvP and PvE)

I find the aiming mechanics are a little different in this edition, and aim assist isn't as prevailent from what I can tell. Headshots are tougher and movement while ADS is much more twitchy than before IMO. But I like that. I always have my controls set to max and with D1 I was very unhappy with the look-speed. This is an improvement, but still nowhere near the twitch shooting of Titanfall or CoD.

(I find this for both PvP and PvE)
It's even more prevalent if anything. You sights slow down if there's an enemy a mile and half behind the one you're trying to track, it's fucking absurd.

I've noticed that the handling stat has far more of an effect this time around than in D1

Haven't really played RPGs. Played Skyrim for a bit and Fallout 4 a little. They were way too fucking involved. I don't want to spend time building bunkbeds, grilling mole meat, and walking old ladies across the street. Always loved FPS, so this game is awesome. The mechanics are great and it's progression is cool. It's like an RPG for severely ADD pieces of shit like me.

I find it somewhat fuck'd I can go into the pvp with a lvl 3 or 4 hunter and hold my own agianst lvl 20 guys when using white weapons.

Haven't really played RPGs. Played Skyrim for a bit and Fallout 4 a little. They were way too fucking involved. I don't want to spend time building bunkbeds, grilling mole meat, and walking old ladies across the street. Always loved FPS, so this game is awesome. The mechanics are great and it's progression is cool. It's like an RPG for severely ADD pieces of shit like me.

This is a Diablo FPS Action RPG with a sprinkle of WOW/MMO game more than anything. Loot and shoot to your heart's content!

Shit, Skyrim and Fallout 4 are barely rpgs anyways with how restrictive they are. They're more like sandbox games with a bit of customization.

I find it somewhat fuck'd I can go into the pvp with a lvl 3 or 4 hunter and hold my own agianst lvl 20 guys when using white weapons.

I like that. Me and a whole squad of less than 20 random players wrecked an opposing full clan tonight.

Granted, the top player on our team was godlike and we were all probably leveling alts via Crucible so we can eventually strap on those purples and blast through the campaign.....which is really tedious during a third playthrough.

When I'm syncing with a team of randoms and I go flying into the opposing camping team jumping and dodging while drawing their attention and trying to chip a little damage off of each of them before my eventual death while my squad is rolling behind throwing a torrential storm of gunfire....pvp has become pretty fun for me. Kind of wish they pushed movement more closer to Titanfall style than whatever they were aiming for this and the levels were a bit more open and vertical. Everything feels flat which kind of sucks but might be necessary with a mere 8 players on the map?

This is a Diablo FPS Action RPG with a sprinkle of WOW/MMO game more than anything. Loot and shoot to your heart's content!

Shit, Skyrim and Fallout 4 are barely rpgs anyways with how restrictive they are. They're more like sandbox games with a bit of customization.

Pretty much shows I have no idea what's going on with any game that requires an attention span, but this game is great.

Pretty much shows I have no idea what's going on with any game that requires an attention span, but this game is great.

If you ever attempt the raid (which you most definitely should with a chill newcomer friendly team!), you're gonna need that attention span, lol.

I like that. Me and a whole squad of less than 20 random players wrecked an opposing full clan tonight.

Granted, the top player on our team was godlike and we were all probably leveling alts via Crucible so we can eventually strap on those purples and blast through the campaign.....which is really tedious during a third playthrough.

When I'm syncing with a team of randoms and I go flying into the opposing camping team jumping and dodging while drawing their attention and trying to chip a little damage off of each of them before my eventual death while my squad is rolling behind throwing a torrential storm of gunfire....pvp has become pretty fun for me. Kind of wish they pushed movement more closer to Titanfall style than whatever they were aiming for this and the levels were a bit more open and vertical. Everything feels flat which kind of sucks but might be necessary with a mere 8 players on the map?
don't get me wrong I enjoyed the shit out of it but don't like that a common scout rifle and auto rifle was enough to compete against purples and yellows. I think I had two pieces of green armour and everything else was white maybe playing smart helped but 3 out of the 4 games felt like they dumbed it down a bit. I'm looking forward to getting my hunter maxed out that super is fun to play with I was going to go gunslinger but that pole dancing last a bit and with the way everyone bunches up wiping a full team should be easy.

That poledancer super has me wanting the old Control capture points go faster with more teammates mechanic back. That was made for Titan Smash, Nova Bomb and now the aoe pole smash. So many laughs from blasting multiple people or over half my squad getting slaughtered.

If you ever attempt the raid (which you most definitely should with a chill newcomer friendly team!), you're gonna need that attention span, lol.

I'll be good. I've got a few buddies to play with that I've known forever. Lol. I mean I am decent with the fps and hold my own in combat just learning the other shit.

New to this game. What do you guys do to “grind” specifically? I was playing public events but that got boring quick especially since I’m running lone wolf. I switched Crucible and am having a much better time. My character is at 250. Do I just keeping playing Crucible or what?

Do public events/patrols to earn tokens and be sure to do your Powerful Gear milestones. The milestones are crucial to get you above 275.

A really efficient way to grind is to start a new character, do public events until you are level 20, complete the campaign to earn high level gear, then do your Powerful Gear milestones after completing the campaign.

That's how it's always been in Destiny.
bullshit the only time shit like that happened in D1 was when lag was involved I never got outgunned in pvp by any blues except the painted big cheif Mk. 45 pre hand cannon nerfs but never any whites or greens.

The Crucible is balanced so that light level and weapon grades don't give an advantage.
There is no reason a level 1 kinderguardian shouldn't be able to fight equally as well with all white armour and weapons as another guardian all decked out in legendary and exotic equipment, other than the inherent advantages of the equipment.

If you want power/light advantage, that's what Iron Banner and Trials are all about.

bullshit the only time shit like that happened in D1 was when lag was involved I never got outgunned in pvp by any blues except the painted big cheif Mk. 45 pre hand cannon nerfs but never any whites or greens.
Sorry bro, Tanker is right on this; you just didn't see many people running lower classes gear after a while because everyone had already done the grind to legendary stuff.

Had 14% progress om my Crucible milestone last week but when I turned the game on yesterday I was at 0%
Do these milestones have time limits or something?

So we beat the raid and we all felt pretty badass until we tried to do the next step of the exotic quest, which is the Strike "The Arms Dealer" at 300LL.

We got wrecked.

I posted on reddit and some guys gave some helpful advice, and one guy shared this:

Had 14% progress om my Crucible milestone last week but when I turned the game on yesterday I was at 0%
Do these milestones have time limits or something?

They reset every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back