Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who are complaining about the loot system will never be happy. Bungie did a good thing when they tied a bunch of exotics to questlines and made them a team effort, such as the Rat King Sidearm.

They're not happy when it drop RNG, they're not happy when it drops as a quest reward, they would completely freak out if you had to Pay-to-win and literally buy these weapons, and if they gave everybody every weapon for free, they would complain that everyone is getting them.

having an exotic tied to fireteam bs is stupid the other two are ok but the whole rat king questline is stupid. Having it where you need someone else to have the quest too for it to even work screw that. I never liked the fireteam based weapon quest in D1 let alone getting stuck with one that needs others to have the same quest.

See what I mean, Tanker?

You can cheese the nightfall, we found this out by mistake last night when I got stuck dying over and over at the second teleporter ring (right before the room with the first time gate rings).

I was stuck in the first area with that missile launching cabal while my team cleared out the ring area and did the rings. They moved on to the next area after that and I finally got through. When I got to the room with rings they were spawned in for me and I was able to hit the entire set of rings a second time. We had like 12 minutes on the clock going into the area with the two cabal lieutenants in their bunkers.
Sorry bro, but could you be more specific please? @Ashton

The first area, meaning the part where you launch through the Booster ring, and land in the Vex-ish area, and there is a bastard guarding the next booster ring? (The one that shoots you into the square cave that doesn't have a landing ring?)

And the room your fireteam was in that they cleared out: is that the Cave with the Electronic wall that has Cabal and Vex in it, and you have to kill a number of Minotaurs? The one where there is an Elevator/boosting beam shining upward from the lower level?

If so, that would all be before the bunkers and the drill site, which both offer even more rings. Interesting. Depending if I end up raiding or not, I might fuck around with this and see if it's repeatable.

Had the Knucklehead Radar drop this morning. Looks so dope but the Lucky Raspberry is actually practical so I gotta stick with that. Damn only being able to have one exotic gear equipped

See what I mean, Tanker?

I get what he's saying though. But on the other hand why would you want it if you don't play with fireteams? It's pretty useless otherwise and I'm not gonna run around with a gun because it looks cool.

You must not be a seasoned Destiny player. I remember spending 6+ hours on Crota and 8 hours on Skolas.

Dude, I get mad headaches if I play anything for more than 4 hours straight. This is one single mission. What happens when someone has to take a leak?

We got together last night and started figuring out the Raid. We figured out the 1st Door Seal mechanics, then the Bath/Pools Mechanics, then the second Door Seal mechanics, and made it to the Gardens before we had to all go to bed.

We figured it out on our own with no reading or videos and it was super satisfying. It took a lot longer than it could have if we wanted to research it, but that would take away from the accomplishment and we were all on the same page.

The Raid is epic. The graphics and play area are grandiose and feel massive and expansive. It is rife with passages and areas for exploration, and mysteries. There are hidden switches, Floor plate switches, and sets of locked doors everywhere. I am really impressed and excited about mastering the area.

I get what he's saying though. But on the other hand why would you want it if you don't play with fireteams? It's pretty useless otherwise and I'm not gonna run around with a gun because it looks cool.
No dude. The Rat King is DESIGNED to support the Raid, and the Raid is a Fireteam-based exercise. In this raid there are many, many occasions where you are shoulder-to-shoulder with your fellow guardians, and the Rat King stacks in power based on how many players are using it within close proximity to each other.

The design of the gun almost dictates the conditions they made to acquire it. Once you have it, you can run nightfalls with other people who are on the quest to help them get it. You don't need to re-do the whole questline just to help your friend through.

No dude. The Rat King is DESIGNED to support the Raid, and the Raid is a Fireteam-based exercise. In this raid there are many, many occasions where you are shoulder-to-shoulder with your fellow guardians, and the Rat King stacks in power based on how many players are using it within close proximity to each other.

That's pretty much exactly what I said. He mentioned "fireteam bs" so I'm assuming he doesn't usually play with them. And if you're not playing in a fireteam setting and soloing, running public events and stuff, I can't see Rat King being useful anyway, so why complain about having to get it?

In the comments of my Nightfall thread on Reddit, some guy said that you don't need a full all three members to have the Quest or the Rat King Sidearm itself: You only need one other.

I don't know how true that is, because the first time I ran Nightfall with 5+ minutes, I know I had the quest, and I thought one of the other guy said he did too, but I know the third guy didn't.

Haven't tried the nightfall yet, solely because of the timer, i fucking hate timed missions in games, hopefully they change it.

... on average I get like fifteen-thousand scout rifles a day that I have to breakdown, but now that I need to breakdown five for the Mida quest, I get none. Eat a dick rngesus.

In the comments of my Nightfall thread on Reddit, some guy said that you don't need a full all three members to have the Quest or the Rat King Sidearm itself: You only need one other.

I don't know how true that is, because the first time I ran Nightfall with 5+ minutes, I know I had the quest, and I thought one of the other guy said he did too, but I know the third guy didn't.
you only need one other player for all the steps maybe he wasn't at the nightfall step yet.

... on average I get like fifteen-thousand scout rifles a day that I have to breakdown, but now that I need to breakdown five for the Mida quest, I get none. Eat a dick rngesus.
Try to having one equipped that worked for me.

Tanker? what that mean
I was saying to USMCTanker that the people who bitch about the Loot system will bitch no matter what Bungie does, and then you start bitching about it being tied to fireteams, proving my point..

I was saying to USMCTanker that the people who bitch about the Loot system will bitch no matter what Bungie does, and then you start bitching about it being tied to fireteams, proving my point..
that's what I do if the look back a few post before yours I was bitching about the endgrams being to easy to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back