Destiny 2 reveal TODAY!

Destiny 2 PC's release is October 24th. Bungie dropping the ball before the game even releases. Ffs.

PS4 gets exclusive strike, pvp map, ship and exotic sniper rifle.
unless it's an ice breaker type sniper rifle don't care

Destiny 2 PC's release is October 24th. Bungie dropping the ball before the game even releases. Ffs.

PS4 gets exclusive strike, pvp map, ship and exotic sniper rifle.

actually it's brilliant...

if it was the same drop I was pushing my entire clan to goto PC and then some of us would also play on PS4. I was double dipping no matter what. but with the later PC release, I (and the clan) changed our mind and are now going to main with PS4.

I am actually looking at upgrading to a PS4 pro too... it looks like I am only going to $100 for my PS4 so I am gonna hold onto it and just buy another Pro. I was originally leaning on picking up the xbox x but the destiny exclusives and how things lean towards PS (along with the fact that most of my clan are on PS4) is goading more towards staying with Playstation...

unless it's an ice breaker type sniper rifle don't care

Same. I have a feeling Bungie is going to be very careful with exotics after all the nerfs and whining about Mythoclast / Icebreaker / Gjallarhorn / Thorn. I hope they can at least make exotics consistently on par with each other in terms of use and viability.

actually it's brilliant...

if it was the same drop I was pushing my entire clan to goto PC and then some of us would also play on PS4. I was double dipping no matter what. but with the later PC release, I (and the clan) changed our mind and are now going to main with PS4.

It's that tried and true tactic of delaying the PC release to drive up console sales. I get it from a business perspective when piracy was an actual problem but with an online only title like this? I just wish they wouldn't serve up the usual pr speak of "we're taking the extra time to make sure the PC version is the best it can be" when it clearly isn't.

Opposite for me. No one in my clan plays on PC. I'm sure I'll get my fill on PS4 and a delayed release with no cross saves just makes it easier for me to save $100. Secretly hoping Destiny 2 is absolutely mindblowing and compels me to double dip though because Destiny gunplay at a high framerate sounds so fucking good right now.

I hope they do a better job with them to because right now in destiny I useually choose a purple over a yellow

Looks like Nightfalls are getting different tiers of difficulty (because we haven't been on autopilot during NFs for the past 2.5 years), the Guided Games stuff is limited to Normal modes and not Heroic (LFG NEVER DIE), no Rumble at launch, no private playlist pvp at lauch either.....

The GG stuff is stupid. I got tired of using LFG for nearly 3 years and whenever my clan is too busy or not online, I'll have to use outside websites again for NFs and Raids. Bungie is the most stubborn you're gonna play the game how we want you to play studio ever. Ffs.

I was originally leaning on picking up the xbox x but the destiny exclusives and how things lean towards PS (along with the fact that most of my clan are on PS4) is goading more towards staying with Playstation...

You'd also have to pay X-amount for an XBL gold membership to play online don't forget. That's what is stopping me from buying a PS4. I am not paying for a second network to play on.

You'd also have to pay X-amount for an XBL gold membership to play online don't forget. That's what is stopping me from buying a PS4. I am not paying for a second network to play on.

true but if MS had a solid lineup of exclusives it would be worth it to switch over. Personally I think PS4 exclusives are definitely the best of the lot. A very close 2nd would be Nintendo because MS shares a lot of top tier games I already play or played on PS4.

I liked the Nightfalls when a wipe would force you back to orbit.
Completion was much more satisfying for me.

What is GG stuff?

Guided Games

I liked that the stakes were higher but it always felt like a forced difficulty instead of a balanced mode for me. For me, Destiny is at its best when movement is encouraged.

Supposedly, Heroic mode raid death penalties aren't going to be the same. No more "death = no revives." I like that change for raids because it gets tedious wiping just because one person went down. Doesn't make sense for Heroic NFs to not have automatic matchmaking if the penalty isn't sent to orbit or no revives. Gotta wait and see I guess.

At 4:15 in this video there are new press images, these cabal are definitely taken

Guided Games

I liked that the stakes were higher but it always felt like a forced difficulty instead of a balanced mode for me. For me, Destiny is at its best when movement is encouraged.

Supposedly, Heroic mode raid death penalties aren't going to be the same. No more "death = no revives." I like that change for raids because it gets tedious wiping just because one person went down. Doesn't make sense for Heroic NFs to not have automatic matchmaking if the penalty isn't sent to orbit or no revives. Gotta wait and see I guess.

agreed. they can get around this by implementing a penalty for each death in a particular section (releasing more and more scrub enemies that progressively are bigger or tougher or some sort of timer that starts after each death that handicaps or strengthens guardians/enemies or eventually leading to instadeath). That way there is a chance for a major recovery comeback. Increases the tension for a more dramatic finish.

Fuuuuuuuu.....

If I NEVER see another taken again, it will be too soon.

agreed. they can get around this by implementing a penalty for each death in a particular section (releasing more and more scrub enemies that progressively are bigger or tougher or some sort of timer that starts after each death that handicaps or strengthens guardians/enemies or eventually leading to instadeath). That way there is a chance for a major recovery comeback. Increases the tension for a more dramatic finish.

That's what I loved about VOG and to a certain extent Crota. Those clutch plays and clears when you thought it was all over. I remember at Atheon, we had three guys go down towards the end and they were yelling us words of encouragement and then when we saw him go down and the loot popped up.....<{anton}>

Never really felt like King's Fall had that but WoTM had that in the first few bosses. We usually just wiped on Aksis if someone went down but my clan and I had some clutch clears on thr first two bosses in the first few weeks.

Sprint cooldown is not present in the game as of E3

https://www.finder.com.au/destiny-2-no-recoil-pc

"As if mouse aiming wasn’t easy enough, project lead Mark Noseworthy mentioned something that’ll make pulling off headshots in Destiny 2 even easier for PC players: there’s no recoil. Read on for the full quote from Noseworthy on how recoil is being handled on PC for Destiny 2, and why the decision was made."

Project lead Mark Noseworthy;
"Yeah, we’ve thought about that quite a bit. Ultimately, we have one design for the game. And so, if you’re playing the Raid on PC or you’re playing it on PlayStation [4], it’s the same Raid. It’s the same experience. And we’re going to try and keep them as similar as possible, because hopefully we want this to be the best experience. We may look in a few places where weapons need to be handled differently, and we’ll treat them slightly differently.

For instance, there’s no recoil on guns on PC because recoil on the controller feels really good. ‘I’m firing, I’m firing, I’m firing, oh, I’m losing control of my gun a little bit.’ That feels great, especially with magnetism and all the magic in the controller that makes you feel it. With a mouse and keyboard, you don’t want the mouse moving without you moving it, so recoil doesn’t feel good, so there is no recoil on PC.

There are a couple of key ways we’re going to try and change it, make it so it feels native to that platform, because we want people to feel like Destiny 2 is built for PC."

"As if mouse aiming wasn’t easy enough, project lead Mark Noseworthy mentioned something that’ll make pulling off headshots in Destiny 2 even easier for PC players: there’s no recoil. Read on for the full quote from Noseworthy on how recoil is being handled on PC for Destiny 2, and why the decision was made."

"Yeah, we’ve thought about that quite a bit. Ultimately, we have one design for the game. And so, if you’re playing the Raid on PC or you’re playing it on PlayStation [4], it’s the same Raid. It’s the same experience. And we’re going to try and keep them as similar as possible, because hopefully we want this to be the best experience. We may look in a few places where weapons need to be handled differently, and we’ll treat them slightly differently.

For instance, there’s no recoil on guns on PC because recoil on the controller feels really good. ‘I’m firing, I’m firing, I’m firing, oh, I’m losing control of my gun a little bit.’ That feels great, especially with magnetism and all the magic in the controller that makes you feel it. With a mouse and keyboard, you don’t want the mouse moving without you moving it, so recoil doesn’t feel good, so there is no recoil on PC.

There are a couple of key ways we’re going to try and change it, make it so it feels native to that platform, because we want people to feel like Destiny 2 is built for PC."

wait...what?

you need Playstation+ to do pvp, strikes, raids, poe, maybe even patrol too.

Yeah that 's what I am getting at: You'd have to pay for a live membership for both consoles, which would be gay.

....sooooooo out of touch.

Back