Destiny 2 on track for Fall 2017 release

Destiny isn't other games. I can only speak for Destiny and that is just my opinion, and it's truly not an unpopular opinion within the Destiny community. Again, even Bungie agrees.

Matchmaking > not being able to try the raid.

The same people you say would quit due to matchmaking quit because they couldn't do any end game content.

Not every player is an idiot. You try a raid, you have 3 good teammates, 2 terrible ones. You guys talk and realize they don't have any friends playing the game either, you add them to your friend list, you now have 4/6 for a raid.

Not having the option to do that is just mind boggling. You're not forced into doing it.

I'd rather be wading around in a raid with bad players and learning than using third party apps to hopefully find a group.

Edit :

Regardless, raid matchmaking doesn't currently exist, so who knows for sure. I just vehemently disagree with raid matchmaking, but again, in-game LFG should have been there from the beginning. When you hit a certain light level in Vanilla Destiny a screen popped up telling you that you now had access to Vault of Glass. On that same screen could be a notification to go to the "LFG" tab and from there a short tutorial could introduce the LFG system to the player. This way everybody is aware of it and we could all start making fireteams on our own terms, rather than some generic matchmaking algorithm.... mind you, here and on Reddit, people are constantly bitching about matchmaking for PvP because it's constantly terrible connections and often mismatched teams. Wonder how well that would work out in a raid where timing is a very strict issue.

Or, as you suggest, an in game LFG where players can message people looking and get a gauge on their mentality for the raid and whether or not they're just around to troll.

They should have done something, but they did nothing.

Last edited:
In my personal opinion I think a very large majority of players who have no friends in this game would stop playing if they tried to raid and experienced the absolute chaos that would come from raid matchmaking. That would decrease the player population and have even fewer potential fireteam members in the future.

I see this from a different perspective. I think it would offer a slow and painful process for solo players to meet and find new people that they can play with and slowly and painful get to know good raiding team mates. The down side would be the slow and painful weeding-out process, wading through all the squeakers and shitballs that you randomly get matched up with.

But in the end it would offer people a chance to meet other people who have the same interests.

Back