Destiny 2 on track for Fall 2017 release

I agree. there are ways of making it work. if u get matched up with 5 strangers and play together for a bit you repeatedly and eventually you will find people to stick with. you will friend the people u like and eventually form a consistent group of players that might turn into a clan. it works with the Division so why wouldn't it work with Destiny.

Exactly. And with all the resources still existing outside the game, everyone can basically get what they want. As it stands right now, you can not access all the content in this game solo and within the actual game. That is really bad. The social aspects of this game need a big overhaul. It's one of the main reasons I stopped playing.

Yep, just not going to agree. No point in going full capslock and shitting your pants over it. I'm just firm on the opinion that matchmade raiding would be a disastrous experience for the majority of people who would use it. My personal opinion of the people who would use it would be those who are missing things like a headset, experience, or ability to work with a team. Raiding isn't just a quick 6-man strike ; the mechanics are very complicated for people who have never done them. I'd love an in-game LFG though, no arguments there.

Disastrous or not, it would at least allow people to experience raiding and nightfalls. Though it's weird you typed all this up only to agree that there should be in-game LFG....

Now that Nightfall is no longer back to orbit I don't see why there isn't matchmaking for that. Matchmaking for raids is an atrocious idea. It would let people experience the raids then immediately never want to touch them again. Unless Destiny 2 has massively dumbed-down raids it'd be universally unused. If you can't see why this is a bad idea in Destiny 1 for every single raid since VoG then you clearly haven't done them.

Pretty much every single person that's ever played the game agrees that the lack of an in-game LFG was a massive oversight on Bungie's part. I've never once heard anyone try to argue against having one. I'm not sure why people seem to believe this is a revolutionary idea.

they should stop nerfing shit every time the pvp player start bitching about a meta.

BgQW5Ub.png

I don't see why it would be disastrous to have an in-game matchmaking for raids. raids are suppose to be difficult and tough. at least give players are chance to test it and if its not their cup of tea then they will never play it again. the first time I played a raid I was clueless and it was only through the graciousness of the party leader who was very helpful and patient with me. I had no idea what I was doing mostly but eventually I got it and it became fun.

not everybody want to be really challenged but at least let them try it. at its worse you will see people abandoning games and starting new ones with different people. but its an opportunity for people raid and become addicted to it. some people are too lazy to get a separate app or go on a website to find a team...

Exactly. And with all the resources still existing outside the game, everyone can basically get what they want. As it stands right now, you can not access all the content in this game solo and within the actual game. That is really bad. The social aspects of this game need a big overhaul. It's one of the main reasons I stopped playing.

Disastrous or not, it would at least allow people to experience raiding and nightfalls. Though it's weird you typed all this up only to agree that there should be in-game LFG....

Nightfalls can be completed solo... tons of people solo those things 3x per week, so that's kind of your own issue.
Yes, matchmaking for raids will allow more people into the beginning of the raid, but I think (as well as Bungie) that the experience will likely be so poor that they will be turned off from raiding for good, and just put the game down.

As I said, in-game LFG is something which should have been there from the start, or at least with Dark Below and from there on. It's a shame they never added it, but those of us who were truly addicted to the game found clans, found LFG, found r/fireteams, found the recruiting forum on Bungie.net.

It's not like other games have been successful with matchmaking for raids...

Yes, matchmaking for raids will allow more people into the beginning of the raid, but I think (as well as Bungie) that the experience will likely be so poor that they will be turned off from raiding for good, and just put the game down.

Except it wouldn't. Doesn't have a negative impact on FFXIV end game raiding. All it does is allow another avenue for players to experience the end game content.

I don't see why it would be disastrous to have an in-game matchmaking for raids. raids are suppose to be difficult and tough. at least give players are chance to test it and if its not their cup of tea then they will never play it again. the first time I played a raid I was clueless and it was only through the graciousness of the party leader who was very helpful and patient with me. I had no idea what I was doing mostly but eventually I got it and it became fun.

not everybody want to be really challenged but at least let them try it. at its worse you will see people abandoning games and starting new ones with different people. but its an opportunity for people raid and become addicted to it. some people are too lazy to get a separate app or go on a website to find a team...

How much raiding have you done? If someone is too lazy to go on a website how much effort do you believe they will put into the raid? In-game LFG would be so much better than matchmaking.

I've had so many horrible experiences with matchmaking... little kids who scream and yell, people who have no idea what they're doing and won't speak up to ask questions, people with no headsets or have music blasting in the background, people with blue armor trying to jump into heroic mode raid for their very first raid, etc. Before I found my first raid team (have had about 4 different solid raid teams over the span of this game) raids were basically unbeatable. Just trying to get into the Vault of Glass was an absolute fucking nightmare back in the day with an uncoordinated fireteam.

I just think it's a bad idea for so many reasons. And, as I said, so does Bungie, which is why they won't allow it.

Except it wouldn't. Doesn't have a negative impact on FFXIV end game raiding. All it does is allow another avenue for players to experience the end game content.

Destiny isn't other games. I can only speak for Destiny and that is just my opinion, and it's truly not an unpopular opinion within the Destiny community. Again, even Bungie agrees.

How much raiding have you done? If someone is too lazy to go on a website how much effort do you believe they will put into the raid? In-game LFG would be so much better than matchmaking.

I've had so many horrible experiences with matchmaking... little kids who scream and yell, people who have no idea what they're doing and won't speak up to ask questions, people with no headsets or have music blasting in the background, people with blue armor trying to jump into heroic mode raid for their very first raid, etc. Before I found my first raid team (have had about 4 different solid raid teams over the span of this game) raids were basically unbeatable. Just trying to get into the Vault of Glass was an absolute fucking nightmare back in the day with an uncoordinated fireteam.

I just think it's a bad idea for so many reasons. And, as I said, so does Bungie, which is why they won't allow it.

How would the even know about the website to look for a group is a much better question. Seriously. You're playing Destiny, you get to the end of the game and then what? You have to leave the game and go onto google just to do some end game content? That makes zero sense. That is a complete design flaw in the game.

Destiny isn't other games. I can only speak for Destiny and that is just my opinion, and it's truly not an unpopular opinion within the Destiny community. Again, even Bungie agrees.

Bungie is obviously infallible so I guess you win this argument <45>

USMC Tanker, no one said that you would have to use the in-game match making. It would just be an available option, that's all.

I personally loathed the fact that they limited fireteams to three outside or raiding. There was nothing more I wanted than to cruise the wastelands, wrecking shop and pillaging with 5 other clan mates.

I see the crux of the argument now.

I was equating "Matching making" with "In-game-LFG", but I know see what you guys are fighting about.

I personally think there should be in game LFG but I would never personally go into a random matching making lobby for a raid. Fuck that. It's hard enough to find good raiders out of the people you already know, never mind the squeakers you don't know.

How would the even know about the website to look for a group is a much better question. Seriously. You're playing Destiny, you get to the end of the game and then what? You have to leave the game and go onto google just to do some end game content? That makes zero sense. That is a complete design flaw in the game.

Bungie is obviously infallible so I guess you win this argument <45>

I agree that an in-game LFG is the better solution to 3rd party apps. I just don't agree with matchmaking and that's my opinion. You have yours, I have mine. Obviously Bungie isn't perfect, but I think they have made the correct choice in this specific instance.

I see the crux of the argument now.

I was equating "Matching making" with "In-game-LFG", but I know see what you guys are fighting about.

I personally think there should be in game LFG but I would never personally go into a random matching making lbby for a raid. Fuck that. It's hard enough to find good raiders out of the people you already know, never mind the squeakers you don't know.

You wouldn't have to use it, but having it exist wouldn't negatively impact you. They really need to do one or the other, instead they are doing neither.

I agree that an in-game LFG is the better solution to 3rd party apps. I just don't agree with matchmaking and that's my opinion. You have yours, I have mine. Obviously Bungie isn't perfect, but I think they have made the correct choice in this specific instance.

But if they implemented the matchmaking how would that negatively impact you?

But if they implemented the matchmaking how would that negatively impact you?

In my personal opinion I think a very large majority of players who have no friends in this game would stop playing if they tried to raid and experienced the absolute chaos that would come from raid matchmaking. That would decrease the player population and have even fewer potential fireteam members in the future.

Regardless, raid matchmaking doesn't currently exist, so who knows for sure. I just vehemently disagree with raid matchmaking, but again, in-game LFG should have been there from the beginning. When you hit a certain light level in Vanilla Destiny a screen popped up telling you that you now had access to Vault of Glass. On that same screen could be a notification to go to the "LFG" tab and from there a short tutorial could introduce the LFG system to the player. This way everybody is aware of it and we could all start making fireteams on our own terms, rather than some generic matchmaking algorithm.... mind you, here and on Reddit, people are constantly bitching about matchmaking for PvP because it's constantly terrible connections and often mismatched teams. Wonder how well that would work out in a raid where timing is a very strict issue.

In my personal opinion I think a very large majority of players who have no friends in this game would stop playing if they tried to raid and experienced the absolute chaos that would come from raid matchmaking. That would decrease the player population and have even fewer potential fireteam members in the future.

Or they would just go back to playing the other content in the game again. I really disagree with your opinion here. Adding in matchmaking would not cause people to stop playing.

Regardless, raid matchmaking doesn't currently exist, so who knows for sure. I just vehemently disagree with raid matchmaking, but again, in-game LFG should have been there from the beginning. When you hit a certain light level in Vanilla Destiny a screen popped up telling you that you now had access to Vault of Glass. On that same screen could be a notification to go to the "LFG" tab and from there a short tutorial could introduce the LFG system to the player. This way everybody is aware of it and we could all start making fireteams on our own terms, rather than some generic matchmaking algorithm.... mind you, here and on Reddit, people are constantly bitching about matchmaking for PvP because it's constantly terrible connections and often mismatched teams. Wonder how well that would work out in a raid where timing is a very strict issue.

Now this would be a good idea and would work. But unfortunately it doesn't exist and Bungie has shown 0 intentions towards implementing such a thing. LFG system or Matchmaking, this game needs one of them.

Or they would just go back to playing the other content in the game again. I really disagree with your opinion here. Adding in matchmaking would not cause people to stop playing.

Now this would be a good idea and would work. But unfortunately it doesn't exist and Bungie has shown 0 intentions towards implementing such a thing. LFG system or Matchmaking, this game needs one of them.

It's cool to disagree on matchmaking, but cool that we can all agree on in-game LFG.

TS, apologies for turning your Destiny 2 thread into yet another "raid matchmaking" debate thread.

I stoped playing FFXIV due to some douche talking shit about my tanking skills when he was a dps guy who instead of casting his shit at distance decided to do it right next to the boss and kept on dying. Kind of like all the dumb shits in destiny that rush strike bosses or large spawns when they have their supers or now that there is pts involve goes where ever they can get the most pts.

If there ever is in-game matchmaking for raids, they absolutely need to implement a no mic = no raid requirement. So many people don't use mics and you're screwed if you don't talk things out and give advice during a raid. I think we can all agree on that. In-game lfg would get me more towards buying D2 because my clan is decently sized, we're kind of split between hardcore raiders and pvp only players. There's usually a couple people who get left out of raids on certain days. I also hope we can get 8 player raids or more going since they've left the 360/PS3 version behind. The more the merrier and it could open up more gameplay options.

Just checked my Destiny playtime and it's roughly 1200 hours. Definitely got my money's worth.

Back