Destiny 2 on track for Fall 2017 release

They lost me man.
....and I was an absolutely HUGE Destiny fan for over 2 years.

I follow a bunch of accounts on Instagram and every week I see Xur selling the same old shit, and the same old missions with the same old modifiers. Frigging BORED.

If I want repetition I will just play CoD PvP, which is what I have been doing non-stop lately. I don't even know if I am going to bother buying D2 TBH. We'll see.

They lost me man.
....and I was an absolutely HUGE Destiny fan for over 2 years.

I follow a bunch of accounts on Instagram and every week I see Xur selling the same old shit, and the same old missions with the same old modifiers. Frigging BORED.

If I want repetition I will just play CoD PvP, which is what I have been doing non-stop lately. I don't even know if I am going to bother buying D2 TBH. We'll see.

After probably over 1000 hours of Destiny game time, I'm on the fence for the sequel. I've had a lot of fun with the game and made some good online friends through it but Bungie's attitude towards a fanbase, that has been extremely forgiving and loyal, is kind of gross. They're absolutely horrible at balancing the game and always seem to have their fingers in their ears when it comes to criticisms from the community.

they should stop nerfing shit every time the pvp player start bitching about a meta.

After probably over 1000 hours of Destiny game time, I'm on the fence for the sequel. I've had a lot of fun with the game and made some good online friends through it but Bungie's attitude towards a fanbase, that has been extremely forgiving and loyal, is kind of gross. They're absolutely horrible at balancing the game and always seem to have their fingers in their ears when it comes to criticisms from the community.
Which is odd considering how they seemed to listen to the fans for the Halo series before it was shipped of to 343.

Your comment made me curious so I checked on timewastedondestiny.com to see my hours: 1802

THAT is after taking EIGHT MONTHS OFF in 2016. I didn't play from Jan to Aug in 2016, then I started up again from Aug to Nov and stopped when the new CoD dropped. Frig man. I take it personal when Bungie doesn't listen to a fanbase like the one they HAD. Like I said, they lost me.

Regarding the friends too - You know when we were actively playing, the clan I helped found (Raiders and Looters) was amazing. At the busiest times you could find 4 separate teams all raiding, each team filled with 6 people. We had a strong presence.

Now that I am not playing destiny, I am back to gaming with only one friend, who happens to be a Call of Duty friend from 7 years gone by. I just had to wait for him to burn out on Destiny too. My clan has all but dissipated. I can't fault anyone for it. I got sick of Destiny before a lot of them did, and they continued to add new members even after most of the Admins/Founders weren't really into the game anymore.

It's just a shame to see it all disappear, after thousands of hours gaming together, having a blast. I feel like Bungie fucked us (all of us Destiny fans) because they were constantly dancing with a carrot on a stick and would rarely deliver.

Oh I was wrong. The 1802 hours was just on my Hunter.

 376 Hunter Awoken Male 1082h
 386 Warlock Exo Male 432h
 383 Titan Exo Male 287h

wow Stabby... I think you got me beat.. I thought I was a dedicated Destiny player.. lol...

We all got Bungie fucked in the ass eventually but honestly it was money well spent. For the amount of hours spent on the game and the sheer amount of fun I had playing Destiny. The clan I was in was awesome and eventually I (and another dude) started our own clan and completed the 3rd raid with us leading it. it was one of the most rewarding experience Ive ever had. With that many hours racked up what possible additions could they have made to keep us interested? Raids were only as good until you picked up the majority of the guns and leveled them up and the most dedicated teams would have a good chunk of them if not all of them within a month. If it was available we would hunt that shit down and figure it out. For any secrets they put in the game (far and few) it would be figured out within the week or so by the community. PvP was meh for me...

Hopefully they'll figure it out for Destiny 2. More interesting timed event that make sense and would also be rewarding.

I am in for Destiny 2. The chance to build a new clan and attack a raid... that's exciting to me.

Yeh its ridiculous. They almost just do the opposite of what the community wants, the balancing is some of the worst & most ridiculous shit Ive ever seen in a game. really need to get their act together, they should fire half the staff starting with deej & regroup. Get some outside help from a company that knows how to bring some variety & storytelling. I dunno i'll probably still get Destiny 2 just to see if they learned from this clusterfuck but its been very disappointing, could have been a really amazing game. Bungie used to be one of my favorite devs but they got moved to my shit list after all this, the arrogance in telling the community how they are going to LET you play THEIR game instead of how the community WANTS to play is a huge slap in the face, they have ignored advice not just from gamers but from the dev community & reviewers/media for years now. Hope they get back on track but im not going to hold my breath. Bethesda & CDPR is all I need in life. They know how to make amazing games & most importantly how to treat their fanbase.

2035_autoplay_gif_gif_vince_mcmahon_wwf.gif

Loved Destiny for awhile but got tired of it and never picked up the last expansion
Will wait to pick this one up because i dont feel like paying $240 for a game again

Would be awesome if they didnt force you to play in teams on this one either
I dug the shared world but I hated being forced to team up with a few strangers to complete some missions
I avoided those parts of the game and only did the single player missions but you can only go so far in the story like that which is why I gave up on the game and didnt finish it

Huh? Which part of the story can't you complete while solo? The raids are the only things that can't be 100% completed solo as far as I recall, and all of the raid bosses have been killed solo, and quite a few of the other encounters were also completed solo.

Destiny is amazing game, probably top 5 in my "all-time" book. I've put so many damned hours in that game, but I finally got bored with it. Not really their fault, but you can only run the raids so many times, week after week, before there's just no more excitement / challenge to it. After my team got pretty good with Kings Fall we would run it 3x in one night, probably under 3 hours. Wrath of the Machine just isn't very fun though... not engaging or rewarding like Kings Fall or Vault of Glass.

As for Destiny 2 TS, I hope it's a great game and I'm keeping my eyes open for it. I'm not really counting on it actually shipping in 2017... that way if it gets delayed then I'm not getting let down. The fact that last year they had to "re-work" the game and move Luke Smith into the directors chair really shows they weren't getting very far with it. We'll see what happens, hopefully it's the game they wanted to give us originally.

It would definitely benefit them to do something like that. I had one friend who played but he dropped it after a month. Trying to use reddit and LFG apps just to do raids/strikes was a pain in the ass. I know matchmaking on raids would have it's drawbacks but at least it would offer an avenue for certain people to raid. You could still have all these resources for finding groups outside the game, just give others the ability to use in game functions to group up.... or for fucks sake give the citadel a chatbox.

I'll never be OK with the idea of matchmaking for a raid. Just such a bad idea... if people don't have friends with which to raid they can use LFG, the100, Recruiting section on Bungie.net, r/Fireteams on reddit, etc. This way it controls who comes into your game... imagine getting matched with some people who never played the raid and aren't willing to put in any effort. OK, back to orbit to try again. Now you get a bunch of people who don't speak your language / horrible lag. Back to orbit to start over... this also brings up the idea of how would a checkpoint system work with a bunch of randoms? Furthers checkpoint from any member in the fireteam, always a fresh run?? Certainly couldn't just allow people to start wherever they want simply because it's a matchmade team. Then how many people are going to be in matchmaking for raids without any means of communication? Ugh, just a nightmare and I think it would turn off more people to the raids than anything else.

Great thing about LFG and the100.io is that you get to make your own requirements and only invite whomever you choose to your party / fireteam. Just such a better system and I never really understood this whole "LFG is a pain in the ass" concept either... so easy to use. To each their own I guess, but I can't wrap my head around how horrible the random match-made raid experience would be.

if they learn from their mistakes it could be an awesome game

I got bored with destiny pretty quickly, never even reached endgame content, but I'd give it another chance

I went to check mine and found out I only had 60 on my warlock and 30 on my hunter that I deleted before HoW and 934 on that titan. New ones are a bit closer 884 titan, 283 hunter, and 238 Warlock all together 2432 I need a new game.

I think all of you will come back for Destiny 2. it will be an entirely new game with new missions new weapons, new abilities, new raids... we will sink another 500+ hours into this game at least. we will form new raid teams and find new friends. once we see the trailers and what they are offering we will all jump in on it.. its going to happen.. lol

I think all of you will come back for Destiny 2. it will be an entirely new game with new missions new weapons, new abilities, new raids... we will sink another 500+ hours into this game at least. we will form new raid teams and find new friends. once we see the trailers and what they are offering we will all jump in on it.. its going to happen.. lol
Hopefully we're able to get out of the milky way

I'll never be OK with the idea of matchmaking for a raid. Just such a bad idea... if people don't have friends with which to raid they can use LFG, the100, Recruiting section on Bungie.net, r/Fireteams on reddit, etc. This way it controls who comes into your game... imagine getting matched with some people who never played the raid and aren't willing to put in any effort. OK, back to orbit to try again. Now you get a bunch of people who don't speak your language / horrible lag. Back to orbit to start over... this also brings up the idea of how would a checkpoint system work with a bunch of randoms? Furthers checkpoint from any member in the fireteam, always a fresh run?? Certainly couldn't just allow people to start wherever they want simply because it's a matchmade team. Then how many people are going to be in matchmaking for raids without any means of communication? Ugh, just a nightmare and I think it would turn off more people to the raids than anything else.

Great thing about LFG and the100.io is that you get to make your own requirements and only invite whomever you choose to your party / fireteam. Just such a better system and I never really understood this whole "LFG is a pain in the ass" concept either... so easy to use. To each their own I guess, but I can't wrap my head around how horrible the random match-made raid experience would be.

I fucking hate this attitude so much. Oh yeah let's keep having to use 3rd party means to get a group for a game. God forbid they place some sort of system of matchmaking even just a form of communication in their game so people can group up.

Think matchmaking is a terrible idea? Cool, you can skip using it and stick to using reddit, apps, and other websites to search for groups. It's obviously not for people like you. It's for people who are playing solo and have no idea those things even exist... and it's not like someone in game could even tell them about it SINCE THERE'S NO COMMUNICATION.

I fucking hate this attitude so much. Oh yeah let's keep having to use 3rd party means to get a group for a game. God forbid they place some sort of system of matchmaking even just a form of communication in their game so people can group up.

Think matchmaking is a terrible idea? Cool, you can skip using it and stick to using reddit, apps, and other websites to search for groups. It's obviously not for people like you. It's for people who are playing solo and have no idea those things even exist... and it's not like someone in game could even tell them about it SINCE THERE'S NO COMMUNICATION.

I agree. there are ways of making it work. if u get matched up with 5 strangers and play together for a bit you repeatedly and eventually you will find people to stick with. you will friend the people u like and eventually form a consistent group of players that might turn into a clan. it works with the Division so why wouldn't it work with Destiny.

Yep, just not going to agree. No point in going full capslock and shitting your pants over it. I'm just firm on the opinion that matchmade raiding would be a disastrous experience for the majority of people who would use it. My personal opinion of the people who would use it would be those who are missing things like a headset, experience, or ability to work with a team. Raiding isn't just a quick 6-man strike ; the mechanics are very complicated for people who have never done them. I'd love an in-game LFG though, no arguments there.

Back