Destiny 2 on track for Fall 2017 release

VitorReem

Geralt of Rivia
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-still-coming-in-2017-new-call-of-duty-go/1100-6447721/

What say you sherbros?

- can Bungie repair all the damage theyve done to what could have been a GOAT game?
- win some defected players back?
- actually have a story in this one?

An interesting tidbit from the article is Activision gets a "significant portion" of Bungie stock if they fail to keep the 2017 release date.

For me, I played the alpha & beta, fell absolutely in love with the game. the mechanics are second to none, I love the concept to death, could have easily been one of the best ever. The problems started once the release happened. Bungie literally did nothing to address the MANY concerns fans had from the alpha & beta, just unlocked a couple new sections and said "fuck it were done". It was a huge slap in the face, and really pissed off the community.

A few of the biggest problems

- no story whatsoever
- like 10 guns in the whole game just reskinned, literally nothing unique or different about anything except paint color
- same exact thing for armor, theres like 3 variants and they are all exactly the same. Its really pathetic to have such an embarrassing level of variety in a game like this.
- Missions were all the identical and are the same 3 variants of getting something or watching something. complete joke.
- made it out to be a huge open world game but turned out to be very linear and not big
- bosses are just giant bullet sponge versions of regular enemies, literally just bigger enemies with a different color cape. same thing for hard mode, they put no effort into making anything different or unique.
- need alot more customization

That said I dont want to bash it to death, it will always have a special place in my heart Ive had a lot of hours of great fun with friends playing. I just sincerely hope they right the ship and make a solid effort in fixing some of the major problems with the original.

WAR DESTINY 2 & BUNGIE. Good Luck, lets hope for something amazing

Loved Destiny for awhile but got tired of it and never picked up the last expansion
Will wait to pick this one up because i dont feel like paying $240 for a game again

Would be awesome if they didnt force you to play in teams on this one either
I dug the shared world but I hated being forced to team up with a few strangers to complete some missions
I avoided those parts of the game and only did the single player missions but you can only go so far in the story like that which is why I gave up on the game and didnt finish it

Destiny also holds a unique place in my heart.

Honestly the game didn't shine unless u played with people. The raids were what made it so awesome.tryng to figure out how to beat it each raid was so much fun. Wish I had the chance to do that with the first two raids. Didn't own the game when the first raid was released and went on vacation when the 2nd dropped.

Rumor has it it's coming to PC. If that's the case I am hopping over to PC side..

Oh cool! Another $59 online primarily game! I gotta get this one!

I swear they said Destiny was intended to have a 10 year life span before it was released. Its been like what, 3 years? What happened? Destiny was one of the biggest dissapointments I've ever played.

I played it for a few months in late 2015 on PS4. Never actually did play a raid though, because I didn't have the time required to dedicate to playing through one.

The game got boring though. I'm not sure a sequel sparks any interest in me.

I dont know what people find fun about this game, I see my bro killing the same creatures for 30 min at a time in waves. I get some find that fun but not me personally. I guess it appeases the lowest common denominator, so more people find it fun but no me personally.

i played it with few S-doggers it was fun but god it got boring real fast

I dont know what people find fun about this game, I see my bro killing the same creatures for 30 min at a time in waves. I get some find that fun but not me personally. I guess it appeases the lowest common denominator, so more people find it fun but no me personally.
Oh you're so worldly and sophisticated with the childrens games you choose to play

Oh you're so worldly and sophisticated with the childrens games you choose to play
Nice try at being condescending, its not my cup of tea although I can see why people like it.

Its no secret Destiny wants the largest fanbase possible, so they do everything well enough but nothing is spectacular or unique.

As long as you can't carry over your character, I'm happy.

Bungi's got to deliver on all the hype they had for the first game, and then some for this sequel.

The expansions ruined the first game because we all know they took stuff off the OG game only to sell it to us later and fan boys ate it up sadly. There was no point of playing anymore without the expansions so fuck them.

Fuck you fan boys for enjoying it up the ass

I tried to get into this game but the lack of community inside the game ruins it. You can't chat with people in the citadel or easily find groups for strikes/raids. If you don't use reddit or 3rd party apps you would never be able to do most of the stuff in this game which is beyond fucking asinine. I really like the mechanics of the game so it's a shame they shit the bed so badly. Game still has potential though.

Completing Vault of Glass for the first time with a bunch of other greenhorns is a top 10 all time gaming experience for me. Destiny 2 needs a lot of qol improvements like better netcode for PVP, matchmaking options in-game, more loot and more variety, a refashion option for armor at least, and they really, really need to stop balancing PVP and PVE. Both modes should be separate but Bungie are a bunch of stubborn dicks.

Bring back elemental primaries.

Quit a bit after House of Wolves. Will wait and see what they're bringing this time before I buy it.

More raids, more raid like mechanics in strikes if you're going to have strikes still. More RPG elements, give the option for stat increasing (in a 5 second thought, Strength for more weapon damage, Dex to lower recoil on weapons and keep them steadier, agility to move faster, higher jump, Stamina to take less damage, Mind to lower effects from enemy abilities, crap like that) Buffs/Debuffs, etc.

Just in general more stuff, and more story. I quit all the PvE content first, PvP was the only thing that kept me going, so more modes, objectives, better rewards (might have already been implemented after I quit).

I tried to get into this game but the lack of community inside the game ruins it. You can't chat with people in the citadel or easily find groups for strikes/raids. If you don't use reddit or 3rd party apps you would never be able to do most of the stuff in this game which is beyond fucking asinine. I really like the mechanics of the game so it's a shame they shit the bed so badly. Game still has potential though.

They need to take a lesson from WoW etc and up their guild game. Luckily I had 10+ friends who played this, can only imagine how annoying it was having to use out of game resources to find raids, etc.

They need to take a lesson from WoW etc and up their guild game. Luckily I had 10+ friends who played this, can only imagine how annoying it was having to use out of game resources to find raids, etc.

It would definitely benefit them to do something like that. I had one friend who played but he dropped it after a month. Trying to use reddit and LFG apps just to do raids/strikes was a pain in the ass. I know matchmaking on raids would have it's drawbacks but at least it would offer an avenue for certain people to raid. You could still have all these resources for finding groups outside the game, just give others the ability to use in game functions to group up.... or for fucks sake give the citadel a chatbox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back