Desmond Green involved in multi-car crash. Two dead

Feel awful for Desmond. He's a victim in this situation. Sounds like the people around him weren't willing to keep him from getting behind the wheel, if it was even him that was trying at the time.

He wasn't intoxicated. That would already be out in the media. Maybe the cops found an old roach on the floor of the car.

Lots of people drive while suspended. It's not like he didn't have insurance.

Poor dude is likely going to need years of counseling to get passed this. Wouldn't be surprised if he loses $200k in earnings.

The guy was in a minor accident on Aug. 2nd with a suspended license and no insurance.

3 weeks later he causes this crash.

"The officer said in the incident report that he smelled cannabis in the vehicle. Green admitted to having marijuana and mushrooms in the SUV"

People are ready to hang Desmond already and there's no evidence that he was responsible for what happened. Just having weed in your vehicle doesn't mean you are DUI. Most people who smoke weed are habituated to the effects anyway and studies show that among regular users driving ability doesn't deteriorate compared to baseline.

Police always say they "smell weed." It's a total joke. Desmond is in shock and probably injured himself and goes and incriminates himself unnecessarily because of some cop trying to bait him into admitting to something.

Shit... only came across this now.

My business has an office at davie. I drive through sheridan from time to time.

It doesn't look like they have any evidence as to how impaired Green was, if he was, who knows, whether it was from weed or alcohol. IT doesn't sound good, but that is just more of something that throws suspicion but nothing definite enough to get him in serious trouble, unless they have something more concrete.

RIP

I hope he got his license issues resolved. If he still had a suspended license at the time of this crash, he is going to be fucked.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/ufc-desmond-green-deadly-car-accident-multiple-prior-traffic-issues

Dude was driving on a suspended, no insurance, and had a court date for a previous driving with a suspended, no insurance and having mushrooms in his socks in a baggy. He played himself..

That's speculation. We know 2 weeks before the accident he had a suspended license. He could have simply paid a fine and cleared that up. And driving without proof of insurance is not the same as driving without insurance. Hopefully those issues got his head out of his ass and he addressed them before this one.

It looks bad to be sure. And if he was driving with a suspended license, then he is well and truly fucked. But let's not put the noose around him just yet.

There are highly controllable forms of negligence. Drinking, drugs, talking on the phone, texting. I do put these things into a more aggravated category than some of the other forms of negligence you mention. Though certain asshats could be equally negligent with some of the driving douchebaggery I see on the road.

I hope for his own peace of mind none of that was involved. I am not sure how I would live with myself if I waqs driving drunk or texting and i killed someone in an accident.

I don't think a person should ever drive again if they're responsible for a death, regardless of the chosen form of negligence.

Things like following distance, having decent tires, being awake and alert enough to function well, and driving a vehicle of reasonable size are highly controllable as well. Many times, I have been a passenger in a vehicle where the driver is constantly following vehicles closely enough that they are simply deciding that, if something happens in front of them, there will be a collision. The reaction time is below the following distance. At some point, a conscious decision was made that that common driving behavior is safe enough.

But nothing you said is unreasonable. The optics certainly are worse if Desmond was impaired by drugs or alcohol because it's simply accepted that people have negligent driving habits. It's okay if you negligently kill people while sober, and that's how most road fatalities occur. The drunks who kill others have an average BAC of 0.17.

Personally, I'd rather share the road with a calm and cautious driver in a subcompact who is drinking a beer after smoking a little weed than this guy:

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...ars-are-proven-to-cause-more-fatal-collisions

Sorry for the rant. I'm just frustrated that the system tries to control our behavior rather than holding people fully responsible for the consequences of their decisions. Not how I was raised, I suppose.

Feel awful for Desmond. He's a victim in this situation. Sounds like the people around him weren't willing to keep him from getting behind the wheel, if it was even him that was trying at the time.

He wasn't intoxicated. That would already be out in the media. Maybe the cops found an old roach on the floor of the car.

Lots of people drive while suspended. It's not like he didn't have insurance.

Poor dude is likely going to need years of counseling to get passed this. Wouldn't be surprised if he loses $200k in earnings.
Dude,
First off, hes not the victim. The 2 dead and 1 severely injured man are the victims.
Then you contradict yourself by saying "people werent willing to keep him from getting behind the wheel", then you go on to say "he wasnt intoxicated". Why should they keep him from driving if hes not intoxicated.
Next, you CANT HAVE INSURANCE on a suspended license! I just changed to Metlife 2 days ago, and they run your DL.
Do you think they are going to insure a driver that isnt legally permitted to drive? Does that make sense to you?

People are ready to hang Desmond already and there's no evidence that he was responsible for what happened. Just having weed in your vehicle doesn't mean you are DUI. Most people who smoke weed are habituated to the effects anyway and studies show that among regular users driving ability doesn't deteriorate compared to baseline.

Police always say they "smell weed." It's a total joke. Desmond is in shock and probably injured himself and goes and incriminates himself unnecessarily because of some cop trying to bait him into admitting to something.

so having no license or insurance doesn't mean anything to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back