Derrick Lewis vs. Mark Hunt targeted for June/Auckland FN (110) headliner (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Come on Hunt would have plenty of worse match ups at HW, Lewis is a good match up for him if Hunt can't beat Lewis I don't know who he can beat. I'd like to see Hunt fight some older legends like AA, Barnett etc

Mark is 43 and not the fittest HW 12-11 (7-5-1 UFC) Derrick Lewis @32 is a brain damaging fight for Hunt. You right about AA or Barnett downside fighters should be on the menu from now on better yet retirement.

Mark is 43 and not the fittest HW 12-11 (7-5-1 UFC) Derrick Lewis @32 is a brain damaging fight for Hunt. You right about AA or Barnett downside fighters should be on the menu from now on better yet retirement.

Hunt has fought the stiffest competition out of any of the heavyweights, his record on paper looks terrible but he has always faced a murderers row of competition. He certainly isn't the fittest but he certainly isn't the worst either. When you compare Hunt to some of the new guys coming through the system, he looks like a legitimate athlete.

Hunt has fought the stiffest competition out of any of the heavyweights, his record on paper looks terrible but he has always faced a murderers row of competition. He certainly isn't the fittest but he certainly isn't the worst either. When you compare Hunt to some of the new guys coming through the system, he looks like a legitimate athlete.

I try not to get nostalgic when it comes to fighters March 23rd 2day is Marks 43rd Bday all them stiff competition/wars have taken a toll, being the toughest guy in the cage can only last so long, the ability to take punishment starts to wane as it as done with Mark.
Derrick Lewis
will hurt Mark badly I like Mark but I don't with my heart Lewis at this time with his head of steam and momentum is not a good match-up for Mark

I never thought I would vote for Black Beast or cheer for him but this is the time to do so.

Yeah, stick a fork in Hunt, he's done, this is a prime Lewis we're talking about right now. It's gonna come down to who catches the other guy first, and I'm giving Derrick the slight edge in this one.

My god. Hunt faceplanted the octagon canvas like...yesterday.. I would like to see a longer break but maybe it doesn't matter.

Feel like he's had some tough luck throughout his career. Gets a draw and many miles less on his body in the war with testosterone bigfoot. Gets Werdum on short notice - in high altitude. Gets cock chestnar aka the science project

My predictions have been off in the last couple of months but my money is on Hunt (which means, you should bet on Lewis). Lewis is a good fighter but he's been acting like an idiot when all he's done is fighting lower level competition. Hunt is a big step up and I don't quite see Lewis being able to outstrike Hunt unless he lands a fluke punch or kick.

Is her record not better? Has she lost to fighters she had a hundred pounds on? Hunt has, Mousasi and Manhoef, and lost in fast and brutal fashion.
Jesus Christ. Are you seriously trying to argue that Paige VanZant has a better record than Mark Hunt?

Jesus Christ. Are you seriously trying to argue that Paige VanZant has a better record than Mark Hunt?
Yes. She clearly does. You obviously cannot dispute my facts. I know you really love Hunt but he is awful. He loses as many fights as he wins and gets knocked out on 20% of the time.

Yes. She clearly does. You obviously cannot dispute my facts. I know you really love Hunt but he is awful. He loses as many fights as he wins and gets knocked out on 20% of the time.

Who is Paiges best win ? Rawlings ? Herrig ? Does that really compare to Wand or CC ?

Hunt will ride off into retirement and meet his fan at the beach after one last glorious walk off KO.

You do need to consider as well the Dream years, after that long layoff post Pride Hunt was going though personal problems and had little to aim for resulting in turning up to fight with very little training. It was only after his UFC debut that he got back to the commitment that gave him success earlier in his career IMHO.

I do think this fight potentially favours Hunt as Lewis is unlikely to pick away at him from range, that and wrestling has really been his big weaknesses as he's lost mobility with age.

I think this does also kind of tell you were the UFC see Lewis long term, as a replacement for guys like Hunt and Nelson, main eventing TV cards rather than challenging for the belt.

Who is Paiges best win ? Rawlings ? Herrig ? Does that really compare to Wand or CC ?
First off Hunt lost both those fights but was gifted wins. Secondly he had a huge size advantage on Wand and both Wand and Cro Cop have been beaten several times by average fighters. Leben destroyed Wand in seconds yet it took Hunt a gifted decision to beat him. Schaub knocked Cro Cop out cold as have several other fighters done to Mirko. Hunt gets white knighted on here, he's a guy that every fight of his he loses there is an excuse from his fans and they can cherry pick his record in an attempt to prove it isn't awful. They also use "prime" Hunt to excuse his UFC losses not realizing his time in the UFC has been his "prime" and has performed his best.

Last edited:
Mark has been a douche since the Lesnar fight but if he can KTFO Lewis I would be forever grateful. That's a KO that badly needs to happen in MMA.

Back