Derrick Lewis vs. Mark Hunt targeted for June/Auckland FN (110) headliner (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Black Beast is awesome. Been a longtime Hunt fan but it is Black Beast time.

Hunt looked like shit against Overeem. He had plenty of oppurtunities to hit him but Hunt looked like he gassed in about 3 minutes. He might be able to KO Lewis early, but if he comes into the fight in the same shape he was against Overeem he's getting beat.

Do you read what you write before you post?

And you bring up Hunt's prime, which he's far from at this point of his career.

I'm a fan of Hunt, but let's not kid ourselves and act as if he's got a lot left or a lot to challenge Lewis with.

Majority of those still apply aside from maybe speed, although Lewis looked freakishly slow in his last few bouts too.

He's got plenty to challenge Lewis with, Lewis looked pretty terrible in his last two performances...I don't understand why people are putting him on some huge pedestal. Both Brock and Reem would of destroyed Lewis easily.

Physically Hunt should retire but he get 750,000 to show. No way anyone is turning that down.

Do you read what you write before you post?

And you bring up Hunt's prime, which he's far from at this point of his career.

I'm a fan of Hunt, but let's not kid ourselves and act as if he's got a lot left or a lot to challenge Lewis with.

Really the big decline with Hunt has been mobility/cardio, vs guys like JDs. Stipe and Overeem he's simply not been able to get into favourable positions enough to threaten them. Lewis on the other hand is likely to try and brawl and we've seen a few times that Hunt is definitely still a threat when he has the openings.

Weird matchups they're giving Lewis. He's on what, the longest winning streak in the HW division and twice in a row he gets guys on losing streaks?

Don't get me wrong. It'll be a great fight. But just weird. I would have liked Lewis vs Reem.
Hunto is a tough match up. I think this will be the fight that shows us whether or not his chin has checked out

Black Beast is a good matchup for Hunto, I reckon.

Assuming he will have recovered from the Overeem KO, I'll be surprised if Hunt loses this.

I think Dana wants to end Hunt...

LMBFAO at people picking Lewis. Y'all high or trollin or both

Actually I take that back.. There are legitimately hundreds of people on here who don't know anything about fighting. Some of you might actually think Lewis is going to win hahaha

This fight, and I'm not just exaggerating here, Hunt could win it on the ground. Hunt literally wins this one standing or on the ground. Probably the first time in his whole career that was true.

Last edited:
Losses to the guy who fought for the title in a close fight up till the k.o now all of a sudden this sloppy striker with horrible takedown offense is gonna beat him? Hunt by walk away k.o

I think Dana wants to end Hunt...

Come on Hunt would have plenty of worse match ups at HW, Lewis is a good match up for him if Hunt can't beat Lewis I don't know who he can beat. I'd like to see Hunt fight some older legends like AA, Barnett etc

Hunt would have to be completely done to lose to HW Mike Perry. The guy barely survived post-Edmond Travis Brown ffs

Back