Derrick Lewis vs. Mark Hunt targeted for June/Auckland FN (110) headliner (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would have preferred Hunt vs Browne and Lewis vs Reem.

Lol some of you guys are sucking Lewis' peen way too hard. He got KOd by Shawn Jordan and Matt Mitrione... His biggest win is Travis fucking Browne...

I don't like this fight being so close to a KO. Other than that this should be a good W for Hunt.

K1 Hunto - Black Beast !!! UFC giving us a just bleed match!!! Think Lewis might land a bomb early. Should be very fun.

Mark Hunt is a better fighter and athlete than Derrick Lewis could ever dream of being. That being said, Hunt is 42 now and he's been knocked out in all of his last 4 losses, Hunt needs to retire but this is Derrick Lewis chance to get another big win.

I still think Hunt gets the knockout though.

"Hunt should pick him apart"?

When has Hunt picked anyone about?Lewis is a tall order for Hunt.

Hunt tends to do fine against sloppy brawlers who are willing to engage him in the pocket. My only fear is if Hunt's chin is deteriorating. The shots that have put him out would have KO'd anyone, but still.

A few years ago, Hunt would have pushed the Black Beast's shit so far into his brain it would have come out of his mouth. Now, I think Beast takes him out although I will be rooting for Hunt all the way.

I just have a feeling Hunt gets the...upset...?....in this one.

Very weird matchmaking though.

I got Hunt, I think the speed is about even but Hunt is way more crafty. He landed some nice elbows on Reem and has great timing and distance for a shorter man, people writing off Hunt should remember it was 1-1 going into the 3rd round with Reem.

Can't believe so many people are picking Lewis, Hunt is an all round better version. More technical striking, better gas tank, more variety in shots, tougher, more experience, better grappler, better takedowns Lewis beats him in post fight interviews.

Mark Hunt is a better fighter and athlete than Derrick Lewis could ever dream of being. That being said, Hunt is 42 now and he's been knocked out in all of his last 4 losses, Hunt needs to retire but this is Derrick Lewis chance to get another big win.

I still think Hunt gets the knockout though.
Stop it.
Hunt isn't more "athletic" than Lewis. You're making it seem as if Hunt is the type of athlete Romero is. Hunt is stiff and kind of a one trick pony now.

Stop it.
Hunt isn't more "athletic" than Lewis. You're making it seem as if Hunt is the type of athlete Romero is. Hunt is stiff and kind of a one trick pony now.

How am I making it seem like Hunt is the type of athlete Romero is? He's a far better athlete than Derrick Lewis is in my opinion, regardless.

I really believe Hunt wins this. Hunt feasts on brawlers like Lewis. One final walkaway knockout then retirement, WAR HUNTO.

I can't trust in Hunt anymore

When I'm confident in he winning a fight (Lesnar, Overeem) he manages to lose

Stop it.

How isn't he a better athlete ?

Better technical striking, arguably better cardio, better timing, countering, accuracy, range, core strength could be close..overall plus a much more experienced amateur and professional athlete. Hunt in his prime was tremendously agile & strong for his size, the combination of being incredible durable and athletic is why he was able to have such high success in a sport he found rather later in life.

I don't like this matchup. Feel like black beast should've got someone at least winning. They're probably just trying to send Hunt out quick

How isn't he a better athlete ?

Better technical striking, arguably better cardio, better timing, countering, accuracy, range, core strength could be close..overall plus a much more experienced amateur and professional athlete. Hunt in his prime was tremendously agile & strong for his size, the combination of being incredible durable and athletic is why he was able to have such high success in a sport he found rather later in life.
Do you read what you write before you post?

And you bring up Hunt's prime, which he's far from at this point of his career.

I'm a fan of Hunt, but let's not kid ourselves and act as if he's got a lot left or a lot to challenge Lewis with.

Back