Derrick Lewis is 9-1 in his last 10 fights

In fairness to tony, he'd already earned the shot with the wins over Lee, RDA, Barboza, etc which are all legit. Got injured in the lead up to his legitimate title fight and still took another fight upon returning. Sure Pettis wasn't the highest ranked, but tony had already beaten all the other guys

Oh I defintely cut Tony slack because of him having been injured. Not as bad as BB for sure in terms of wins but it's hard for me to put all this weight in some of his wins especially his best wins.

Lee had staph and I thought that the conditioning was an excuse but his pace vs Barboza was night and day and Tony was getting pieced up by Lee(and outgrappled) who hadn't had a history of being a great striker.

Then poked RDA in the deciding round(in my opinion) of a competitive fight.

As well as getting pieced up by Barboza before and even some after the upkick that hurt Edson.

Lots of asterisks in his list of wins in my opinion. But with all the variables in MMA, I'm sure most fighters who make it to the UFC would have asterisk if you went through their careers with a comb. So who knows I guess.

Its official. https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/derri...c-230-warns-daniel-cormier-take-him-seriously

Apparently DC thinks he can get it done even though he cant make a fist. He has said recently he is doing this fight with Lewis and then the Brock fight and then retiring. I think a third fight with JJ will happen also though.

No I did not. That's official? I'm amazed he's not going to wait for Bork, especially since he's apparently still recovering from some hand injury.

I dont mind this fight personally, iike dc and bb jumping right back into a fight this quick, why not,its a new matxh up

One thing that's elite about Derrick Lewis is his heart. Here's a guy who fights just as hard on an empty gas tank as he does with a full gas tank. Maybe even harder! Most guys can't say that and that's why he kills them in deep water, even with shit cardio.

Black Beast has legit boxing and on a nice win streak

But yes Heavy weight division is full of over the hill - has beens and bums

Nah, undeserving still.

Has that Tony Ferguson record. Lots of UFC wins, 99% of them against mediocre competition(compared to contender/champ material) while being really exciting.

Except everyone cries Ferguson should get a title shot while calling Derricks title shot a joke, albeit I was probably one of those people not long ago.

Except that Lewis has multiple wins against top10 competition, and so does Ferguson

Except that Lewis has multiple wins against top10 competition, and so does Ferguson

And he fought the 3 worst fighters in the top 10 barring maybe Chiesa though I don't think he has been there long. And barely escaped losing in pretty much all of them and then some, usually because of his physical condition and genetics not because of skills.

Tony doesn't spar and it shows in his fights badly.

Shouldn't even go into Derrick Lewis but I will a little. He drops 2 rounds to Tybura and Volkov before their fight IQ showed. Also had a competitive fight vs a fighter who had probably the worst performance of any UFC fighter ever and let me repeat it was pretty competitive and close.

His 3 top 10 wins in the shallowest division in the UFC are once again it can be argued they are 3 of the worst fighters in the top 10 don't even think Tybura was top 10 when he was handling Black beast.

Lmao no, it's not

I, and many others, could argue that all day

Yeah because giving a rematch to a guy that got KTFO in the 1st round is better than giving it a to a legit contender with decent streak that includes top 5 and top 10 fighters

sure you could argue with that

<YeahOKJen>

One thing that's elite about Derrick Lewis is his heart. Here's a guy who fights just as hard on an empty gas tank as he does with a full gas tank. Maybe even harder! Most guys can't say that and that's why he kills them in deep water, even with shit cardio.
You should send this to him. It's a great description.

Should be 8-2.
Roy should had gotten the decision win.
Still pretty good and will be fun watching him fight Cormier.

And he fought the 3 worst fighters in the top 10 barring maybe Chiesa though I don't think he has been there long. And barely escaped losing in pretty much all of them and then some, usually because of his physical condition and genetics not because of skills.

Tony doesn't spar and it shows in his fights badly.

Shouldn't even go into Derrick Lewis but I will a little. He drops 2 rounds to Tybura and Volkov before their fight IQ showed. Also had a competitive fight vs a fighter who had probably the worst performance of any UFC fighter ever and let me repeat it was pretty competitive and close.

His 3 top 10 wins in the shallowest division in the UFC are once again it can be argued they are 3 of the worst fighters in the top 10 don't even think Tybura was top 10 when he was handling Black beast.

1. Ngannou was a legit #2 guy before Lewis beat him

2. It doesn’t matter what happened in those Lewis fights, he did win them after all and thats what matters

3. Ngannou and Volkov were top10, idk about Tybura

Yeah because giving a rematch to a guy that got KTFO in the 1st round is better than giving it a to a legit contender with decent streak that includes top 5 and top 10 fighters

sure you could argue with that

<YeahOKJen>
Stipe was the most dominant and winningest champ in the division's history

He has far better wins

Far better performances

Dominated everyone he beat

Black beast has faced and struggled against a lot of low level guys.... his last win being one of the most lucky and flukey KOs in recent memory, lost to mark hunt of all people, etc. etc.

Curtis Blaydes is more deserving than Derrick imo

Stipe was the most dominant and winningest champ in the division's history

He has far better wins

Far better performances

Dominated everyone he beat

Black beast has faced and struggled against a lot of low level guys.... his last win being one of the most lucky and flukey KOs in recent memory, lost to mark hunt of all people, etc. etc.

Curtis Blaydes is more deserving than Derrick imo
LMAO No, stop.

Wins are wins, instant rematches are dumb, like it was with Silva, Joana, Cody or Aldo.

Ngannou and Volkov are low level guys now?

Curtis is up there too, if surely deserved more than Miocic but BB is the rightfull #1 contender right now, also Ngannou and Volkov > Overeem and Hunt

You can cry all you want but as I said, facts are facts, he beats legit contenders and Miocic got slept

LMAO No, stop.

Wins are wins, instant rematches are dumb, like it was with Silva, Joana, Cody or Aldo.

Ngannou and Volkov are low level guys now?

Curtis is up there too, if surely deserved more than Miocic but BB is the rightfull #1 contender right now, also Ngannou and Volkov > Overeem and Hunt

You can cry all you want but as I said, facts are facts, he beats legit contenders and Miocic got slept
Volkov was high ranked but it was an illusion. Lol @ the Francis fight

Stipe has done FAR MORE over the last five fights or so to earn a title shot

LOL @ comparing him to Cody, what a joke

Best heavyweight in UFC history and a flukey loss

But it ain't about what's right

Back