Derrick James 'Black Beast' Lewis knows who to blame for Travis Kuualiialoha 'Hapa' Browne's losses

Do you agree with Lewis's conclusion?

• Total voters

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...and it may not be who you were expecting!

http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/derrick-lewis-knows-who-to-blame-for-travis-brownes-losses/

9243594-gabriel-gonzaga-derrick-lewis-mma-ufc-fight-night-lewis-vs-gonzaga-850x5601.jpg

During a recent interview with FOX Sports, Lewis said that Tarverdyan shouldn’t be to blame for Browne’s recent struggles, as ‘Hapa’ should already have the experience to prepare himself for a fight:

“I really haven’t been paying attention to him. I really just found out who Edmond [Tarverdyan] was until Ronda [Rousey] lost and everybody was blaming her coach on why she’s been losing,” Lewis said. “That’s when I heard who Edmond was and that maybe he was an [expletive].”

“I don’t think it has nothing to do with the coach,” Lewis said. “Seeing that you’re a veteran and it’s not like his third or fourth fight. You have 20 fights, you should know what it takes to get yourself ready. If you don’t feel like you’re ready, you let your coach know ‘hey we need to work on a little bit more of this’. The guy’s a veteran. He’s been fighting at the top level for four or five years now. He should know what it takes by now to get in fight-ready shape. You can’t really blame the coach.”

/

“I’m sure he don’t like everyone teasing him and saying he doesn’t have a good coach so I’m sure he’ll come out wanting to prove a point that he’s in the right place,” Lewis said. “Hopefully he comes out with his hands on fire. I’m expecting the worst.

“Actually, I’m expecting the best Travis Browne when we step into that cage and that’s what he’s going to get out of me.”

That Travis sucks these days is not Edmonds fault. It's Travis fault.

It's his own fault he left the Jackson-Wink team to hang out with Ronda

Edmond is an incredible coach and striker. I'd like to see him face Werdum next.

coach of the century
giphy.gif

lmao, Ronda hardly even weaved at that left hook.

I would blame both. Browne has looked terrible as of late and Edmund is overrated !!! #HeadMovement !!!

Just like this guy more and more.

WAR THE BLACK BEAST!!!
ScientificPowerlessHuman.gif

Travis Browne was scary with Alliance and a top contender with John/Wink. Edmond is a terrible coach obviously with zero adjustments made from Rousey's return.

That Travis sucks these days is not Edmonds fault. It's Travis fault.

It's his own fault he left the Jackson-Wink team to hang out with Ronda

I believe he left originally because Jackson invited Overeem to the camp.

I believe he left originally because Jackson invited Overeem to the camp.

I thought he left because Ronda needed someone to bring her starbucks large iced lattes in LA. Easier for Travis to just relocate.

I think this is a very close fight. If Matt Mitrione beat the beast, then Travis can beat the beast.

Edmund is an awful coach from what I can tell as a keyboard warrior. And if that is the case, Browne should know better and leave for a better gym.

actually he has been in vegas for this camp

Ok. I was referencing this article.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/20/14332900/ufc-208-travis-browne-black-house-gfc-rousey-mma-news

Travis Browne will not be training with Edmond Taverdyan at the Glenadale Fighting Club in preparation for his UFC 208 fight against Derrick Lewis. Instead, he will be at the Black House gym in Los Angeles, reports have claimed.

Talks initially circulated in Reddit forums and various sites, and was confirmed by Canada’s The Fight Network on Thursday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back