Depression and Negative thoughts first thing in the morning?

Anyone else get depressed and hateful and spiteful when they first wake up.

But once you get moving and get out of the house you feel progressively better.

What are some tactics you guys have used to deal with depresssion in your late 20s and early 30s.

I have had that since middle school. I think it started because I hated waking up and going to school, and those annoying kids, and have not been able to shake off since. I dont have a solution.

I kind of always felt that my stress levels were higher than normal. Its typically heightened in the mornings and nights before I go to bed. It wasn't until my girlfriend and I started seeing a psychologist for premarital counseling that I was asked if I have ever been treated for anxiety? I replied no. The psychologist said, I can see it in you, its obvious you have very high anxiety levels. Later she also said it seems like I have pent up anger from my younger years. Mind you, these issues were cited from various things I had explained to her in our meeting.

As the session ended and I started reflecting on the problems Ive had through the years, I felt she was right. Anytime I'm stressed or feel heightened pressure, immediately my anxiety kicks in and then I become "edgy" and irritable and obsess over these negative thoughts. Thing is I have always done fairly well socially with making friends or networking. I've lived in other countries, I've been in high pressure jobs and succeeded, therefore I always felt whatever I was dealing with was normal. But now I realize, there are issues I need to address and proactively manage, because its holding me back in life in certain respects.

I get severely depressed if I'm so much as a little bit hungover.

Limiting alcohol and waking up at a decent time keeps me feeling good in the mornings.

The psychologist said, I can see it in you, its obvious you have very high anxiety levels. Later she also said it seems like I have pent up anger from my younger years. Mind you, these issues were cited from various things I had explained to her in our meeting.

I always felt my biggest issue in life is I dwelled on things for way too long. It started as a teen, and I just could not shake it. I knew not to do that as a teen too, but I could not stop. Apparently puberty can make some people extremely anxious and paranoid. It did for me, and it has developed into a habit.

Yeah I wake up these days to a feeling of defeat that I never experienced previously in my life.

I haven't been able to shake off this funk yet so can't really help with a solution but I imagine it has something to do with getting off my ass and getting back on track chasing my dreams and highest ideals and interacting with more people intimately.

I know what you mean. I’m generally not in the mood in the mornings, and it amplifies if there is something I got to do that I dread.

Like get up for a job I used to work that I didn’t like with hardly no days off.

Kn2WLr.png

I Still get the monday morning blues once in a while. it usually clears up when i drive to work.

Yeah its rough. I shake and shiver all night its so dumb
Yeah I've been a daily drinker for like 13 years

That's rough dude. I was a daily drinker for about a decade, going through 1.75-3.50 liters of vodka a day depending on how much I slept in a 24 hr cycle. After enduring a series of grand mal seizures I decided to never again risk it and so I'd literally sleep with a bottle under my arm so that it was there for me whenever I'd inevitably be jolted awake in terror from the DTs. I solved the seizure problem by simply drinking round the clock, which I'd resigned myself to doing for the rest of my life. But then one morning, without any warning, my liver and kidneys shut down and I spent 4 days in the ICU on a breathing tube with a dialysis machine plugged into my jugular. This was a few years ago in my early 30s. I'd always just assumed I wouldn't have to worry about organ failure until my 60s. Nope

I don't mean to preach, but that^^ is the eventual inevitable reality for you if you continue this. You can still stop at this point, but you're gonna need a medical detox to survive the potentially lethal alcohol withdrawal. PM me if you'd like to discuss how or where to get detoxed, or anything else

Just hope you dont get to hallucinations and seizures. That's what made me stop
How much do you have to drink to get to that point? I'm by all measures a heavy drinker but I've never even gotten the shakes

I'm the complete opposite. Usually even if I'm still tired the thought of food gets me up right away. Then I drink some tea or coffee while I eat breakfast and I'm good. I don't think I was the same though when I worked mornings and had to wake up to an alarm. I don't work now till 4 pm so I wake up naturally around 10am

Most mornings when I wake up I smile before I even open my eyes. I don't know what depression is like I'm on the opposite end.

I did read an onion article that once said "depression hits losers the hardest"

Maybe you just need more onion in your life.
not really funny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back